Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Some buying advice needed

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old April 25th, 2009, 08:41 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to faeriekitsune
Default Some buying advice needed

So... It has come time for me to expand my collection. Mostly because I just want some new toys to play with.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy a new rig or just pimp out my current one with a new hose and toys. Money's not really a factor, as long as I don't go over 150ish. (Without good reason.)

I was thinking of buying a Nour or Khalil Mamoon, or getting a Nammor hose, specialty tip, and other toys for my Sahara Green Candy Stripe. I like my Sahara. (I'm a fan of Moderns, but I kinda want to get a Traditional type hookah.)

What do you guys suggest?

(My current rig is a 1 hose standard Green Candy Stripe Sahara with a Vortex head. I still have the stock hose, but it needs replacing as the morons here at school tend to scorch it on the coals and drop cigarette cherries on it.)

Edit: I know it looks like I'm being really picky, I just want to get the best for my money as I have very little to spare. I love hookah, but I don't know much about the different brands/styles beyond what I already own.

Last edited by faeriekitsune; April 25th, 2009 at 09:12 PM.
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: Some buying advice needed

I would definitely get a Nour and a nice hose ASAP.
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:47 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coldgr33ntea View Post

Why do you say that? I do like my Sahara, I just think it's time to get some new items. I haven't bought anything but shisha and coals for about a year.
Old April 25th, 2009, 08:57 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

man with 150 you can get plenty
some vendors offer to add a washable hose when you buy a new hookah at a discounted price (cant remember but i think ********** does this... a few other vendors but i dont remember)
pickup a small-med phunnel for like 10 bucks for another 10 bucks + maybe a windcover and you should be around 150 depending on what type of hookah you want
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:10 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
man with 150 you can get plenty
some vendors offer to add a washable hose when you buy a new hookah at a discounted price (cant remember but i think ********** does this... a few other vendors but i dont remember)
pickup a small-med phunnel for like 10 bucks for another 10 bucks + maybe a windcover and you should be around 150 depending on what type of hookah you want
I have a washable hose currently, and I like it, but I'm probably going to upgrade to something nicer, yet still washable. Is there any difference between the Nammor, Razan, and Caravans?

And is there a difference between the Vortex and Phunnel in smoking? I have the Vortex already and love it.

As for windcovers, I have a combo bowl. Would it be better to just get a regular cover? What kind would you suggest?
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:26 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

careful, some windcovers dont fit over votexss, i would find you sone but im rotoo drunk to look.
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Trivial
Banned

if u like ultimate pull get a km

if u like a tighter pull get a vortex bowl and clog two holes and then get a km and it will feel like a nour pull

Win win situation
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:34 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

What are the major differences between Nours and KMs? I know they're different styles, but is there a difference between pull, purging, tip factor, or cleaning isses?
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:38 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by faeriekitsune View Post
What are the major differences between Nours and KMs? I know they're different styles, but is there a difference between pull, purging, tip factor, or cleaning isses?
km is going to have a better pull and purge... u can get a km with brass or stainless steal...both quality

also depends wut look ure looking for... but nours can be good too but my the best over all experience is with a km imo
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:43 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Pull:
KM - natural breath like pull
Syrian - little more restricted

Purging
KM - generally easier to purge
Syrian - purging takes a second or two longer

Rhino Hunting:
KM - your KM now looks like a pancake
Syrian - the rhino cowers in fear as you pull out your Syrian Brass Hookah

Cleaning shouldnt be an issue with either hookah.
Old April 25th, 2009, 09:45 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Rhino Hunting:
KM - your KM now looks like a pancake
Syrian - the rhino cowers in fear as you pull out your Syrian Brass Hookah
I'm pretty sure I'm not going rhino hunting any time soon.... But I'll keep that in mind...
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:36 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I have a washable hose currently, and I like it, but I'm probably going to upgrade to something nicer, yet still washable. Is there any difference between the Nammor, Razan, and Caravans?

And is there a difference between the Vortex and Phunnel in smoking? I have the Vortex already and love it.

As for windcovers, I have a combo bowl. Would it be better to just get a regular cover? What kind would you suggest?
razan and nammor are the same hose
the small nammor is smaller then a normal razan...

grands, from my experience, have a slightly tighter pull (might have just been the one i tried) and the tip is not removable so cleaning sucks a little more...
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:53 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

KM's, Nours, Mz's and Mya's and Egyptians all have beautiful, great smoking hookahs. Best thing to do is check the reviews, put together a list of pros and cons and check that against what you are really looking for in a hookah. It is the only way to truly find something you will be satisfied with. There are fanboys and fangirls of all the above mentioned hookahs that will tell you this one is better than that one etc.
I have smoked out of all of the above and have hookahs in each group that i truly love, hence my large collection.
Personally i am tired of the nonstop chin music from each fanbase. A hookah that you find pleasing to the eye and enjoyable to smoke is the ultimate goal be it KM, Nour, Mya, MZ or Egyptian.
my free 2 cents, take it or leave it.
Old April 25th, 2009, 10:56 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
KM's, Nours, Mz's and Mya's and Egyptians all have beautiful, great smoking hookahs. Best thing to do is check the reviews, put together a list of pros and cons and check that against what you are really looking for in a hookah. It is the only way to truly find something you will be satisfied with. There are fanboys and fangirls of all the above mentioned hookahs that will tell you this one is better than that one etc.
I have smoked out of all of the above and have hookahs in each group that i truly love, hence my large collection.
Personally i am tired of the nonstop chin music from each fanbase. A hookah that you find pleasing to the eye and enjoyable to smoke is the ultimate goal be it KM, Nour, Mya, MZ or Egyptian.
i totally agree
whatever is sexiest is what you should go with
but would you concider mya and MZs traditional? theyre factory made... i always assumed traditional hookahs meant hand-made but thinking about it now im not sure...
Old April 25th, 2009, 11:31 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
I agree, I was mostly looking for people's opinions based on what I was looking at. I've been surfing vendors from the forum, and found a few good hookahs.

I'm mostly trying to decide whether I'm better to pimp what I got, or go for a new rig.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
i totally agree
whatever is sexiest is what you should go with
but would you concider mya and MZs traditional? theyre factory made... i always assumed traditional hookahs meant hand-made but thinking about it now im not sure...
I don't really like the Mya's style, and MZs just look odd to me.
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:23 AM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
I completely agree .. I'm just tired of these Syrian fan boys saying what ever it takes to make someone get a Syrian and get some kind of accomplishment and gratification out of it!

Ive seen people come on chat looking for Km and these syrian fans boys after an hour of harassing them, about how the syrian is the greatest and saying comments such as " brass doesnt get as hot" make them change there mind and get a syrian even though they like the look of a km and have heard good things about them

These syrian fan boys can say there just joking... but when you telling false facts or exagerating facts to make an agenda.. thats bullshit

Im sorry I stooped down to there level but Im tired of seeing that shit

and Sorry for my rant

Last edited by Trivial; April 26th, 2009 at 02:27 AM.
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:25 AM
HookahFlecks
Hookah Nut

Quote:
I would have to agree with this statement...and this is coming from a guy that doesn't even own a Nour...come on man...let me live vicariously through you...*LOL*
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:27 AM
polishman
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
I completely agree .. I'm just tired of these Syrian fan boys saying what ever it takes to make someone get a Syrian and get some kind of accomplishment and gratification out of it!

Ive seen people come on chat looking for Km and these syrian fans boys after an hour of harassing them, about how the syrian is the greatest and saying comments such as " brass doesnt get as hot" make them change there mind and get a syrian even though they like the look of a km

But then they are told how crappy they are!

These syrian fan boys can say there just joking... but when you telling false facts or exagerating facts to make an agenda.. thats bullshit

Im sorry I stooped down to there level but Im tired of seeing that shit

and Sorry for my rant
^ the rant is pretty fanboy'ish

IMO
Syrian and Egyptian are both well made Hookahs
It really boils down to preference and design
function is virtually the same

/end
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:30 AM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishman View Post
^ the rant is pretty fanboy'ish

/end
O really.. cuz I smoke my mya and nour more than I do my Km
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:39 AM
polishman
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
O really.. cuz I smoke my mya and nour more than I do my Km
But you singled out 'Syrian Lovers'
so maybe deep deep down inside....

Quote:
MAJOR difference is simply material used for making the downstem as well as design

Last edited by polishman; April 26th, 2009 at 02:45 AM.
Old April 26th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
But you singled out 'Syrian Lovers'
so maybe deep deep down inside....
LOL..

but yeah... u have to be on this forum longer to see why i did
Old April 26th, 2009, 12:38 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

If you like your sahara, and have not had much experience with different brands and flavors, then I would recommend buying some tobacco. Buy a vortex/phunnel + Razan and see if you like your Sahara even more. If you don't like how it smokes, buy a AF Syrian later on.

A hookah is only as good as the person setting it up.
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:02 PM
faeriekitsune
Hookah Pro

Quote:
MAJOR difference is simply material used for making the downstem as well as design
What is used to make the downstem for each type? I thought I read that they both used stainless. ...And on a side note, are the downstems removable or are they solid pieces?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
If you like your sahara, and have not had much experience with different brands and flavors, then I would recommend buying some tobacco. Buy a vortex/phunnel + Razan and see if you like your Sahara even more. If you don't like how it smokes, buy a AF Syrian later on.

A hookah is only as good as the person setting it up.
I've had plenty of experience with shisha. My downfall comes in experience with hookahs and accessories. I love my Sahara - packed up with a Vortex bowl of HF Scooby Snack or HH Peach/7 Spice, puffing smoke clouds bigger than me.

You mentioned buying a Razan... Do you like them better than Nammors?
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:23 PM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

same hose basically.
Old April 26th, 2009, 01:35 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i just got a brand new km, red, double pear, 34" (it's 40" with the phunnel bowl sized windcover on) with a razan sultan for $104.00 + $23.99 = $127.99 minus a 20% discount. not including tax and shipping.

let me tell you, i've never been so excited to smoke hookah in my life. the thing is perfect. it's the right height, the pull is just like breathing in air, purges very well, and it's pretty damn sexy too. i make my friends pay to smoke it, just cause they've smoked so much of my tobacco and i need to be reimbursed! i also got hooked up with some free tobacco!

i have 2 nammor hoses, and a razan sultan and they are one in the same. they both are very quality hoses. i've had my nammors for a little over a year now and they're still working great! no ghost flavors at all after you wash them!

Last edited by chadtizzle; April 26th, 2009 at 01:39 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook