Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shipping Fumari

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 4th, 2009, 04:56 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Shipping Fumari

A lot vendors have a flat-rate shipping price, and some have a shipping calculator.

But here's the thing: I want a bunch of Fumari packets, but to order them, I would need to pay very high shipping costs. Fumari's packaging is very slim and light, and one can EASILY fit at least 5 packets in a medium-sized bubble mailer, or a flat-rate box. Both of these options will ship for under 5 bucks, the former most likely being under $4.50.

Why dont vendors offer a shipping option on Fumari tobacco? I could fit about a kilo of the stuff in a flat rate box!

To top it all off, FLAT RATE SHIPPING MATERIALS ARE FREE!

If ********** carried Fumari I know he'd help me out.
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:06 PM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Default Re: Shipping Fumari

C'mon Zen, surely you know how the low prices high shipping deal works. LOL I'm not picking on any vendor in particular when I say that either. It happens with vendors that carry items other than hookahs as well. I wanted to get some fishing tackle that's hard to find nearby and I wanted to see how much shipping would cost. 1 pack of 25 hooks in a plastic bag with a cardboard namecard on it was $6.95 shipping! Bad enough the hooks were $7.95 for 25.
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:08 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

They are just too damn lazy to go out of their ways to help a customer!
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:12 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
hmmm you could say that. i think the flat rate shipping box idea is great save alot of money on shipping that means there is more money to spend on the products and that means more money for the vendor woot woot
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:15 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Again, I love how nobody complains when they are buying a hookah or other large objects using the evil flat shipping rate. The bottom line is that some vendors need certain things standardized for purposes of processing orders. Also, they serve as a deterrent for people who just want to order one 50g pack and totally use the same amount of time it would take the vendor to process an order that would make more money. I understand that people are just venting here..but at the same time this is an issue that continues to be beat to death with no end of flat shipping rates in sight...get used to it guys...
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:18 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I have no problem with flat rate shipping, if it's cheaper somewhere else I'll buy it there.

But to ship something that will fit in even a standard business envelope for over 4 bucks? That's absurd.
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:34 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

Quote:
I have no problem with flat rate shipping, if it's cheaper somewhere else I'll buy it there.

But to ship something that will fit in even a standard business envelope for over 4 bucks? That's absurd.
so they should just do that work for free right?
Old May 4th, 2009, 05:40 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

USPS ships flat rate shipping supplies to any continental us state for free.
Old May 4th, 2009, 06:22 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:

So is this thread
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:01 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
So is this thread
No I will fight til the end.
Old May 4th, 2009, 07:46 PM
Lu1gi
Hookah Nut

good point zen, just go on livechat with one of the reps and badger them, thats how i got h-s to carry kms

i swear i was on there once a week telling them to carry kms
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:23 PM
alaskanassassin
Hookah Newbie

This is why when I buy Fumari I usually get a bulk order from them directly as any order over $70 is freeshipping. Get a few friends to chip in for a bag or two and you're set.
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
A lot vendors have a flat-rate shipping price, and some have a shipping calculator.

But here's the thing: I want a bunch of Fumari packets, but to order them, I would need to pay very high shipping costs. Fumari's packaging is very slim and light, and one can EASILY fit at least 5 packets in a medium-sized bubble mailer, or a flat-rate box. Both of these options will ship for under 5 bucks, the former most likely being under $4.50.

Why dont vendors offer a shipping option on Fumari tobacco? I could fit about a kilo of the stuff in a flat rate box!

To top it all off, FLAT RATE SHIPPING MATERIALS ARE FREE!

If ********** carried Fumari I know he'd help me out.
i shipped out 250 of peanut butter to ohio from cali... the shipping was 5.00 usps... sooooo yeah
Old May 4th, 2009, 09:39 PM
cockerham3
Hookah Nut

uh. why not go to a store? oh wait... sales tax... haha. there is NO winning. sorry. or just order large amounts at a time. that way, the shipping rate won't be as much of a hassle. buy bulk. [ish]
Old May 4th, 2009, 10:49 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

There's no place to buy Fumari where I live.
Old May 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
C'mon Zen, surely you know how the low prices high shipping deal works. LOL I'm not picking on any vendor in particular when I say that either. It happens with vendors that carry items other than hookahs as well. I wanted to get some fishing tackle that's hard to find nearby and I wanted to see how much shipping would cost. 1 pack of 25 hooks in a plastic bag with a cardboard namecard on it was $6.95 shipping! Bad enough the hooks were $7.95 for 25.
Agreed. Some computer part vendors do this so when you search in any shopping search engine would display their item first when sorted by price, but u'd pay much more in total. This was recently mitigated by some engines like Amazon marketplace and Yahoo Shopping started adding up shipping to product price!

Quote:
I think this is a generalization that is not always true. Some vendors are like that, but some others would go an extra mile for you, esp if you are a regular.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
Again, I love how nobody complains when they are buying a hookah or other large objects using the evil flat shipping rate. The bottom line is that some vendors need certain things standardized for purposes of processing orders. Also, they serve as a deterrent for people who just want to order one 50g pack and totally use the same amount of time it would take the vendor to process an order that would make more money. I understand that people are just venting here..but at the same time this is an issue that continues to be beat to death with no end of flat shipping rates in sight...get used to it guys...

+1. No one speaks when they order a solid brass hookah plus accessories and a few kilos of tobacco and pay X dollars ..... and the vendor has to pay out of their pocket to cover the extra shipping charge (of course the money made from such a big order would still cover that and they'd not come out short) ..... then they would not want to pay X dollars for 250g pack. I agree, you win some, you lose some.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook