Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Be kind, rewind!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 12th, 2009, 02:52 AM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Default Be kind, rewind!

Okay, I had to make this post as I have been bothered quite a bit lately about the faces I see in here continuously making fun or making bad remarks at the people trying to get into hookah. This forum was created to unite hookah enthusiasts no matter how much knowledge on the subject they may or may not have. We are here to INFORM people about the pros and cons of these hookah products.

I will give an example of what I mean by a post going something like this:

"Hi my name is Scoobydoo5600 and I am just getting into hookah and I want to get a four hose hookah like <insert link to cheap chinese hookah> what do you guys think about this being a first hookah?"

Response from said member(s):

"That thing is a piece of crap why the hell do you want a multi hose hookah it's just stupid, you should buy a KM."

As us being a helpful forum and not a forum that disses people for their noobishness a more appropriate response that would be more fitting should go along the lines:

"Hey, welcome to the forum. Sorry to inform you but you may not want to get that Chinese hookah simply because it is more than likely made with cheap materials and cheap labor meaning that it will be well, cheap. The hookah itself won't last as long as a quality hookah such as..."

I have also noticed people talking bad about multi hose hookahs just because it isn't their preference. Why should someone buy a single hose hookah just because you think it's a better? Some people want a multi hose hookah because they smoke with, well, multiple people. I have owned multi hose hookahs in the past and loved them just fine. There must be a reason why Khalil Mamoon is making multi hose hookahs and stamping their name on it?!?
Generally a new smoker will aim for this type of hookah before anything else as logically it makes more sense to have a multi hose just for an in case scenario.

Also the people that knock brands that they personally have no clue anything about said brand. If you don't have personal experience don't say bad things about a product, it only makes you and the forum look foolish.

Example:

"You should buy the KM over the MZ because it's a better hookah"

Only to find out later that that same person has NEVER smoked from a MZ a day in his life and has no clue about the quality of this brand.

I don't want to get too personal with this post, so I am sorry if I am. I just seem to be seeing this happen more and more as the forum grows and I think these people need to have this offense they are doing a known problem existing in here. This is a serious problem growing within the forum... Moderators, actions need to be taken on these people that do this continuously.

Please just stop making people feel foolish and give good advise on the subject(s), no more of this "crap" talk or badmouthing, please. Give good, solid, and known advise and please be able to explain a bit on why so you can give this person knowledge they can use. So, be kind, rewind, and be a bit nicer to fellow members on here weather new or old.

Thank you,
Joe
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik
Default Re: Be kind, rewind!

I totally agree.

People have been slacking lately mostly due to questions being asked over and over and i guess they feel that the question is coming from one person instead of a new one every time so they may get angry at the question, not the person. But no matter who it comes from, all questions or comments should be replied to with respect and...love.

So thanks for making this topic joe! Nice little heads up and reminder to the Senior members and Newcomers.

VIVA LA REVOLOUTION.
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:59 AM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

i agree with this post, it is just disheartening to see others diss people new to hookahs cause they ask "silly" questions. We all know we've all asked those same questions when we first started smoking. Nobody is pro at something they first start.
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:25 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

This post is really true, i totally agree! I can understand it's annoying to answer the same question from time to time, but hey, we are here to help out other hookah smokers. But the other thing is, that most people who register to a forum, usually don't read the rules and don't use the search function ... So there are two sides of the problem, but i think, that we should try to be more patient to new members. If a question is annoying to you, than don't reply, that's it, somebody will do
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:40 AM
Gizmo
Hookah Newbie

I know where the frustration is coming from, as I see it often in another forum I frequent.

I know, before I signed up and started making posts asking questions, I searched. There's plenty of information here, from reviews on shisha, how to set up this or that, and even comparisons of different leading brand hookahs.

Often when a new member does post a topic that has been beaten to death, we'll kindly inform them that there is such a thing as a search button and that it actually works. Then, just to be extra nice, we'll find them a thread that already talks about the subject they are inquiring about.

While I agree it isn't fair to go off at new members, I do think they have to do their part of the investigation. Not everything in life can be a handout.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:07 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizmo View Post
I know where the frustration is coming from, as I see it often in another forum I frequent.

I know, before I signed up and started making posts asking questions, I searched. There's plenty of information here, from reviews on shisha, how to set up this or that, and even comparisons of different leading brand hookahs.

Often when a new member does post a topic that has been beaten to death, we'll kindly inform them that there is such a thing as a search button and that it actually works. Then, just to be extra nice, we'll find them a thread that already talks about the subject they are inquiring about.

While I agree it isn't fair to go off at new members, I do think they have to do their part of the investigation. Not everything in life can be a handout.
This man speaks the truth! We have a community of very helpful and friendly people. When someone new shows up and instead of looking around for answers they post a question that's been answered 1,000 times a month it gets old. The Mods here try to keep the attitude positive but sometimes you have to let the mud slingers sling their mud. I don't like negativity toward new members, but we like folks to be able to speak their minds without fear of bans for little or no reason.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:20 AM
phatpride1
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
This man speaks the truth! We have a community of very helpful and friendly people. When someone new shows up and instead of looking around for answers they post a question that's been answered 1,000 times a month it gets old. The Mods here try to keep the attitude positive but sometimes you have to let the mud slingers sling their mud. I don't like negativity toward new members, but we like folks to be able to speak their minds without fear of bans for little or no reason.
THANK YOU some people understand what were talking about. If you don't want OUR honest opinion then use the search to see other people's threads.

Yes im going to say that hookah's from china suck, and that multi hoses are a pain. But that is my opinion, you don't have to read my post if you don't want to.
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:16 AM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to FeliFeliWooo

bottom line is its not hard to be nice
if your going to come off rude in anyway just dont post
its easy
someone on here would be happy to post with an honest answer without being rude so just let it go
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:40 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

I think us being honest and posting our words of wisdom will help better there future. There here asking us what we think about some crap hookah. I want to tell them the truth and lead them in the right direction. There eventually gonna purchase something better so why not start them with something great to begin with.
Old May 12th, 2009, 11:43 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

I agree with everything said.

On that note, smoke Nakhla its the best lol.
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:01 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Treat others as you would want to be treated ...

+1 to this post

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:02 PM
Gizmo
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
its easy
someone on here would be happy to post with an honest answer without being rude so just let it go
It's a mutual rudeness. I believe that it's rude for someone to come on here, completely ignore everything that was posted before him, and ask questions like they've never been asked.

So yes, it isn't fair that older members are being rude, but it also isn't fair that younger members are being rude.

There's only so many people who can come running in with their drawers down yelling, "Help! How do I fix this?!" Before someone starts yelling back ,"Weren't you paying attention to the last forty people we did this for?"

Definitely it is great for the older users to speak their mind and offer their wisdom, but sometimes it can be laced with that harshness of annoyedness. That can be disheartening to younger members.
Old May 12th, 2009, 12:52 PM
Gift3d
Hookah Nut

I absolutely agree. Nice post, Joe :P
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:03 PM
xin666
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to xin666

I know I'm newer than a lot lot lot of people on this thread, so when someone asks a question that I don't have experience on, I tell them so. "Here's my two cents, but you'll probably want to hear from someone who knows better." I haven't been around too long, but even I'm starting to notice the barrage of similar questions.

Senior members have gone out of their way to make detailed posts of information concerning things like different kinds of hookahs, tobaccos and bowls, so perhaps gently suggest a search or direct them to those posts.
Old May 12th, 2009, 01:15 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel View Post
Unkle Dunk! I have no problem with people speaking their minds as I do everyday about that crappy stuff called Nakhla, lmao... For real though, when you get exited about getting into a new hobby and find a forum that's rated at the top of the list for that hobby do you search for hours or ask questions about the issue(s) you are having? This forum has been around for over two years now and when most of us first started this hobby we had a million questions and all those answers were all over the internet, but most of us got our answers on here. Yes, I think Mod's need to send a message to these ignorant people... this exact forum had a HUGE problem with people having a bad attitude the last time I frequented it, about 9 months ago I think. We don't want to be in the situation where we are just like that other place on the internet that treats people like crap, do we? With all of this said I hope these same people can change their attitude and if not, YES I hope the do get a ban eventually if it doesn't change, be nice or get out... Simply put.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatpride1 View Post
THANK YOU some people understand what were talking about. If you don't want OUR honest opinion then use the search to see other people's threads.

Yes im going to say that hookah's from china suck, and that multi hoses are a pain. But that is my opinion, you don't have to read my post if you don't want to.
That is great input, but it takes 45 seconds more to tell someone why they suck so they actually have knowledge... "Chinese hookahs suck" or "Chinese hookahs aren't very good to own since they use cheap materials and will fail more often than not" That took me maybe 35-45 seconds more of my time. Why bother replying if you don't have the time to give advise?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeliFeliWooo View Post
its easy
Exactly what I am trying to get at, there are a lot of nice members on here and eventually the person will get his answer. Just make sure EVERYONE has a good experience on here. Sambookas goal always has been to have an "at home" feel to this site and I felt that way when I joined. If I were to have joined now and asked the questions I did now, I would more than likely curse a few people and leave. Honesty is great, but you wouldn't walk up to your teacher and tell her she is an idiot if she messed up on a quiz question/answer, you would simply point it out in a nice way.
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:25 PM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

Well first off, if i were a new member (and i did this when i was new) I used the search feature..But i wanted to ask you guys personally instead of read another persons topic...that's how a community starts...we TALK to each other..

And tbh, i would rather have newbies post question topics than use the search feature, This forum wouldn't be active if they didn't..Ive noticed now that their 'intimidated' to ask questions so they just don't... so now they dont post and they just lurk the forums hoping someone asks that question for them.

We don't want to run off new members. HP should all hug newbies and Nakhla
Old May 12th, 2009, 02:52 PM
LoQuik
Hookah Pro

I welcome all newbies with open arms

+1 sykotik. I love me some Nakhla
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:00 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

i don't think all chinese rigs suck. mya makes some quality shit.

but other than that...all chinese rigs suck...
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:30 PM
Hoohoodillyo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
i don't think all chinese rigs suck. mya makes some quality shit.

but other than that...all chinese rigs suck...
lol that makes no sence....

this is exactly what i am talking about..there is nothing constructive about this post...and mya's aren't Chinese rigs, if i can remember correctly they are American rigs.

Last edited by Hoohoodillyo; May 12th, 2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 06:57 PM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoohoodillyo View Post
lol that makes no sence....
it basically means that mya is the only good producer of chinese hookah pipes. all others suck ass.
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:00 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Haha I can't believe there are still people that have that vendetta against Multiple hose hookahs.
Old May 12th, 2009, 07:04 PM
Scrubmonkey
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Scrubmonkey Send a message via Yahoo to Scrubmonkey

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadtizzle View Post
it basically means that mya is the only good producer of chinese hookah pipes. all others suck ass.
and how do you know this? Have you smoked all of the chinese brands out there? single or multi hosed?
Old May 12th, 2009, 08:27 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

i think some of you guys are missing the point
now im not gonna name names
but its not hard to just not click the post reply button
if it was a face to face thing yeah be rude if it comes down to it
but if your going to say something mean just move on and ignore them

now i dont have as much experience as some of the other users here but when it comes down to it its not hard to say
"i wouldnt recommend this type of hookah, might wanna look at this"
as apposed to
"OmG!!!! Chineez h0okahz SuX!!!! WTF R U THinkin!!!!!? SYRIAN BR4SS FTW!!!"
if you cant be nice dont post
its simple
Old May 12th, 2009, 09:59 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

Man I spent forever typing up that damned sticky for people to not ask this question!

edit:

and Syrian Brass does kick ass. My rigs smoke better than any chinese rig i've tried lol.

but dont kid yourself, the KM FTW is usually what is said here, just cause like 5 of us here stick up for brass doesnt mean it should shadow all the "GET A KM" talk.

I said in that sticky its preference.

My new take on KM vs Nour is simple, its really what you like more. I like the way my brass smokes more than my KM, I like the way they look more.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner

Last edited by photolinger; May 12th, 2009 at 10:01 PM.
Old May 12th, 2009, 10:07 PM
FeliFeliWooo
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolinger View Post
Man I spent forever typing up that damned sticky for people to not ask this question!

edit:

and Syrian Brass does kick ass. My rigs smoke better than any chinese rig i've tried lol.

but dont kid yourself, the KM FTW is usually what is said here, just cause like 5 of us here stick up for brass doesnt mean it should shadow all the "GET A KM" talk.

I said in that sticky its preference.

My new take on KM vs Nour is simple, its really what you like more. I like the way my brass smokes more than my KM, I like the way they look more.
LOL pl did that just for you

and yeah sorry about your sticky going unoticed
if you go back to the thread this is probably aimed at youl notice i posted the link... twice
i suggest other people do the same
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook