Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

thoughts on tangeirs

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 17th, 2009, 04:19 PM
holeyguy66
Hookah Newbie

Default thoughts on tangeirs

i know theres prolly a thread on it but hookah john has me thinking to buy there lucid line any good thoughts to help a newb out
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:38 PM
jayrunner89
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to jayrunner89
Default Re: thoughts on tangeirs

i am a big fan of tangiers the great thing about this site is we have a huge video library so i would go check out the reviews we have on it. My personal favorites are melon blend and orange soda u might also want to check out some of the vids on how to pack tangiers too
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:39 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

lucid line is much easier all around, its a decent smoke, doesnt really need to be acclimated and doesnt need to super packing as much. tangiers is a different smoke compared to other stuff but its good.

if you havent smoked a whole lot the lucid line will still give you a good buzz probably but no where near the regular tangiers

-matt
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:45 PM
holeyguy66
Hookah Newbie

well so far i have smoked sb af (taste like dog shit ) al amir i was likeing the fact that its washed and that theres no dies.
Old May 17th, 2009, 04:50 PM
Trivial
Banned

i like marchino cherry.. orange soda.. bluegumball
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:43 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i stick the the lucid line, the noir line isnt for me.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old May 17th, 2009, 06:50 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

I've smoked the noir line and it makes me feel like I got thumped in the head. The lucid isn't as bad. I smoke for the flavor and clouds not really for the buzz. From what I hear if you want a real adventure, go for the F-Line. Supposedly it's like slamming Red Bull while your smoking Tangiers.
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:44 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Perfect timing on making this thread man. I was asking for recommendations in the chat, and I'll probably try the Brambleberry, (raspberry is a favorite of mine, and blackberries are awesome as well) but would love some more recommendations.
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:50 PM
Trivial
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahman1988 View Post
I've smoked the noir line and it makes me feel like I got thumped in the head. The lucid isn't as bad. I smoke for the flavor and clouds not really for the buzz. From what I hear if you want a real adventure, go for the F-Line. Supposedly it's like slamming Red Bull while your smoking Tangiers.
yes but beware of nicasickness and 3 hours of pain after if you smoke it to long

last time i smoked f line was scared
Old May 17th, 2009, 07:58 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Yea the noir line makes me feel like a bag of bricks hit me in the stomach, but the lucid like is worth a try, I had the horchata and I had a little bit of flavor come out but it wasn't a bad smoke but to me I feel like it doesn't pump out alot of flavor but hey thats just me .
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:05 PM
kingboyb
Banned

Tangiers has a shitload of new Lucid flavors (some exclusive to Lucid) waiting to be released. I hoping to see reviews of the mystery pack flavors once everyone gets them...
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:22 PM
kivwa
Hookah Newbie

i've only tried lucid k-cherry so far, and its now my absolute favorite tobacco, over the sb,af,as,aj,nakhla, that ive tried as of yet. I dont know if the kashmir spice flavor is for everyone but im a big fan.

Definitely gonna be ordering some more flavors in the lucid line; looking at cocoa, and horchata next, and the new lucid flavors coming out soon. Scurred to try noir line, I think ill pick it up once im confident with my nicotene tolerance otherwise itll just be a waste of money.
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:31 PM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

i have yet to try tangiers....i wanted to try it, but they were only had that indigo stuff....not exactly what i wanted
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:18 PM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trivial View Post
yes but beware of nicasickness and 3 hours of pain after if you smoke it to long

last time i smoked f line was scared
I'd be afraid to smoke that stuff. One addictive substance at a time for me please.
Old May 18th, 2009, 03:32 AM
FarBeyondDriven
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Yahoo to FarBeyondDriven Send a message via Skype™ to FarBeyondDriven

Personally I feel the lucid line is really good and easier to smoke than the regular Tangiers line. However, I feel Tangiers is the worst attempt at Middle Eastern tobacco I have ever seen - personal opinion. Roll with the Lucid line, and if you like and want something stronger, kick it up a notch to the regular line .

- Mohamed
Old May 18th, 2009, 09:17 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarBeyondDriven View Post
Personally I feel the lucid line is really good and easier to smoke than the regular Tangiers line. However, I feel Tangiers is the worst attempt at Middle Eastern tobacco I have ever seen - personal opinion. Roll with the Lucid line, and if you like and want something stronger, kick it up a notch to the regular line .

- Mohamed
remember though Eric markets it a a modern style of tobacco

if you can get some one that can set it up well it is a great great smoke but for most of my friends and my self here in va it is always a gamble and it either comes out good to smoke from the pack or is a PITA to acclimate. the local lounge guys dont seem to have an issue with it and even pack it in regular egyptian bowls and it smokes great, yet at home i have some issues with it, i think i have figured it out mostly but i dont really want to pack up a bowl that needs to be smoked for 4 hours when i wont smoke it that long and feel that i am wasting a lot of tobacco having to pack even my small phunnel up with it

-matt
Old May 18th, 2009, 10:40 AM
kingboyb
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
remember though Eric markets it a a modern style of tobacco

-matt
+1

If Tangiers was trying to place itself with the likes of other traditional muessels, then yes, it fails miserably. THe tip off isnames like
Peach Iced Tea and Orange Soda.. hardly traditional..
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:37 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

lucid basically smokes like regular shisha hardly ever a miss in packing, no need to acculmate. (got no buzz from it)

F- line We smoked Orange Soda.. to me it was not as (don't know excatly how to explain) hard to smoke as regular but one huge buzz.

Regular (og tangiers) we usually smoke kasmir peach as long as its packed right you won't have problems
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:57 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by kingboyb View Post
+1

If Tangiers was trying to place itself with the likes of other traditional muessels, then yes, it fails miserably. THe tip off isnames like
Peach Iced Tea and Orange Soda.. hardly traditional..
the truth is that Tangiers is really based traditional style moassel, in the sense of a dark black, no artificial colors/dyes added, it's boiled in molasses, unlike any other of the mainstream brands, and it's literally hand made. It is what is considered gulf style moassel and in the US that is hard to find. I have seen a hew types of Saudi or gulf style shisha and it's very similar, only Tangeirs is a bit wetter.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:33 AM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I have had both good and bad experiences with Tangiers. I feel that the sentiment is good but the execution can range from poor to wonderful. The flavors that are available from Tangiers have a great selections and offer blends that no other producer makes. Some are wonderful takes on well established flavors. There are some flavors that i would like to see a change in whether that be better flavor accuracy or trength of flavor.

I think that many times tangiers is not worth the hassle it takes to setup. When you factor in the number of times I tried to get cocoa to smoke properly without success then the cost of the tobacco goes up dramatic amounts.
Lucid is a good change that greatly reduces these problems and I have yet to find one lucid blend that i was not pleased with. While it is washed it is not so washed that the buzz is entirely gone. The flavors are, in my experience, just the same as the noir line but without the extra work. The ability to treat it as you would a normal tobacco help with tobacco conservations as well.

Overall i like Tangiers and I do know how to use the product properly as to make the sessions good and enjoyable. I do feel taht the Lucid line of Tangiers is the way to go and I see that line becoming the dominant line in the Tangiers family very soon. Considering that we now have Lucid exclusive flavors coming out I believe that it is the beginning of a shifting of main focus for our friend Eric.
Old May 19th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

i like lucid a lot...but noir is better. smoke is richer and not so "light and airy".
easily the best readily available tobacco in the us.
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:25 PM
jreese86
Hookah Nut

Tangiers and I had a rough start. The first batch I got I couldn't get to smoke right. Then I got a batch of Lucid and still had troubles, until the last bowl, which smoked great and got me hooked on the "thicker" flavor of Tangiers. Then I switched over to real tangiers again, went through a couple batches of failure including on of the F-Line. Finally I managed to work it out and now I am hooked on Tangiers. Oddly enough the Noir line doesn't hit me too hard with the Nicotine, and the F-Line never really even let me feel the caffeine.

I've got the packing method down pat now, so I very rarely have a bad bowl. One thing that I was doing wrong for the longest time was using a toothpick to poke holes all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. That creates air pockets which don't distribute heat right and defeats the purpouse of "packing" the tobacco tight. Once I figured that out my sessions immediately became great. Now I can't get enough of tangiers. Too bad Vacation has me broke haha.
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:41 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jreese86 View Post
Tangiers and I had a rough start. The first batch I got I couldn't get to smoke right. Then I got a batch of Lucid and still had troubles, until the last bowl, which smoked great and got me hooked on the "thicker" flavor of Tangiers. Then I switched over to real tangiers again, went through a couple batches of failure including on of the F-Line. Finally I managed to work it out and now I am hooked on Tangiers. Oddly enough the Noir line doesn't hit me too hard with the Nicotine, and the F-Line never really even let me feel the caffeine.

I've got the packing method down pat now, so I very rarely have a bad bowl. One thing that I was doing wrong for the longest time was using a toothpick to poke holes all the way down to the bottom of the bowl. That creates air pockets which don't distribute heat right and defeats the purpouse of "packing" the tobacco tight. Once I figured that out my sessions immediately became great. Now I can't get enough of tangiers. Too bad Vacation has me broke haha.
so do you just poke the foil with the tooth pick? i havent been plying around with tangiers much lately but i wouldnt pack it really tight and would poke all the way down but got a decent amount of tickle

-matt
Old May 19th, 2009, 01:58 PM
jreese86
Hookah Nut

Yea, just poke the foil, not the tobacco. I actually use a little thumbtack to poke the holes now. Lots of holes.
Old May 19th, 2009, 02:30 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I am going to try some more flavors of Tangiers once the new Lucid blends are announced. I prefer Lucid and I want to know the flavors I am putting money down on before I actually place the order.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook