Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla Kass Super

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old May 19th, 2009, 10:29 AM
yoyoyo
Hookah Newbie

Default Nakhla Kass Super

Hello guys. Yesterday in a local supermarket i found this nakhla tobacco but i couldnt understand what flavor was it. So i searched it today and i found that its called Kass Super. Can anyone tell me more info about it? How you prepare a bowl of this? Like a normal bowl or different, cause in nakhla's website its listed in No-Flavor tobacco like Zaghloul. Thanx!

Old May 19th, 2009, 10:55 AM
lucas
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Nakhla Kass Super

i have never tried this flavor
i am sure someone will fill you in on it though
Old May 19th, 2009, 10:59 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

That should be a good find, I can't explain it but I think you can find some info in a search here. Let us know if you try it and btw where did you find it? Also, how much, I have been seeing a lot of fake Nakhla in the MI area.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:32 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Yea, on the east side of the state near Detroit i always run into fakes, theres this cheapo Dubai brand that a lot of stores seem to be getting because its soo cheap. I generally buy everything on the west side of the state because i can get real Nakhla, Starbuzz, Hookah Hookah/Freak, and Havana. That is unless i order it from online.
Old May 19th, 2009, 11:41 AM
yoyoyo
Hookah Newbie

I dont think that they are fake here in Cyprus, a neighborhood country of Egypt.
You can literrally found Nakhla everywhere here in Cyprus. The box is exactly like the posted one from Nakhlas website. Ill try it tonight and i let you know how its smoke! Ive done some search and i found that Kass Super is traditional tobacco, ill always wanted to try some.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:27 PM
AbusiveNapkin
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to AbusiveNapkin

It's one of Nakhla's unflavored tobaccos. As I remember, there's Qass Super, Qass African, Bata.
As TE says:
Quote:
Qass African is a VERY strong unflavored molasses. Qass Super is a little bit lighter - but definitely not light. Bata is light unflavored molasses.
Old May 19th, 2009, 03:44 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

hello, i found a box of that too a while back, it is interesting to say the least.

if you have ever tried the dry nasal snuff form of tobacco it is exactly like that in flavor.

you should be able to smoke it right out of the pack but it is probably a bit dry, you can put 1/4 tsp of glycerine and 1/8 tsp of molasses on about a small phunnel bowl amount and mix it well. i just mixed up a bunch in a butter dish until it looked about right to me and let it sit for a while to soak in a bit.

pack it like any other molasses, if you have a phunnel bowl or a large wide bowl that is kinda deep it may smoke better (i used my mod bowl that i use for everything thought and it is fine, but i have smoked it out of my friends huge party bowl i think sahara smoke was selling and it smokes well out of that)

i kept being told that it would knock me on my ass... never happened but then again tangiers is the only thing that i get any noticeable buzz from but then again i dont inhale deeply.

you might need to move the coals frequently but i never noticed the need really

it is very unique, its not something you will probably want to smoke every day but its good

hajo fighter know much more about these types of tobaccos and there are a few others around that are pretty knowledgeable (The Egyptian probably has a good bit of info on them as well) so you will probably be able to get some good info on thins if you need anything else

-matt
Old May 20th, 2009, 01:12 AM
yoyoyo
Hookah Newbie

So, i tried it yesterday.

The cut was like Tangiers, in a very dry version. I used an egyptian bowl and prepare it like a typical nakhla bowl. But it didnt gave me smoke at all, and i mean nearly nothing. i could feel the "flavor", it was good, but the smoke was literrally not there. Then i removed the foil and put the coal on top, nothing again. Maybe tonight ill mix it with some honey and see if there is a difference, i dont have glycerin to use also.
Old May 20th, 2009, 02:39 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoyoyo View Post
So, i tried it yesterday.

The cut was like Tangiers, in a very dry version. I used an egyptian bowl and prepare it like a typical nakhla bowl. But it didnt gave me smoke at all, and i mean nearly nothing. i could feel the "flavor", it was good, but the smoke was literrally not there. Then i removed the foil and put the coal on top, nothing again. Maybe tonight ill mix it with some honey and see if there is a difference, i dont have glycerin to use also.

Qass Super - on the strength scale of 1-10 is 7 .... Much stronger than Bata, yet Zaghloul and Qass African kick its ass.

To smoke it, you need to fluff it, and actually, the regular Egyptian bowl is not designed to smoke it. You need an "Unflavored Moassel Egyptian Bowl" ... I will post pics of one soon.

To smoke it in a standard Egyptian bowl, remove the foil and use a toothpick to punch a wide, deep hole through the tobacco to the bowl holes to insure good airflow.

And no, adding honey is counterintuitive since these tobaccos are designed to be dry ...
Old May 20th, 2009, 08:35 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

TE, i know its supposed to be dry but i think a lot of the stuff we get over here has dried out more than it should be (since its not sealed well), my kass super was just tacky, and my salloum plain was like a brick, and super tacky barely any moisture. is that how dry it is over there when you get it?

-matt
Old May 20th, 2009, 09:28 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
TE, i know its supposed to be dry but i think a lot of the stuff we get over here has dried out more than it should be (since its not sealed well), my kass super was just tacky, and my salloum plain was like a brick, and super tacky barely any moisture. is that how dry it is over there when you get it?

-matt
Pasty ... very dry ...... sticks to your fingers big time when you dig ..... you need to wash your hands with hot water and soap to get the gooey stuff off your hands afterwards.
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:07 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Pasty ... very dry ...... sticks to your fingers big time when you dig ..... you need to wash your hands with hot water and soap to get the gooey stuff off your hands afterwards.
hmm ok, is the tobacco it self pretty firm to almost hard?

-matt
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:33 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
hmm ok, is the tobacco it self pretty firm to almost hard?

-matt
I have some Kass super that i got from TE and it is very very sticky. The tobacco itself isnt firm or hard its very supple. if it helps maybe think of it like the consitency of home made oatmeal cookie dough? just a little wetter and looser.
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:46 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
I have some Kass super that i got from TE and it is very very sticky. The tobacco itself isnt firm or hard its very supple. if it helps maybe think of it like the consitency of home made oatmeal cookie dough? just a little wetter and looser.
hmm, ok well the stuff i have the tobacco is pretty hard, theres moisture in it but the leaves them selves are not like that. even with putting some glycerine and molasses on it, it didnt get better with sitting for weeks, maybe its just gone.

-matt
Old May 20th, 2009, 11:49 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
hmm, ok well the stuff i have the tobacco is pretty hard, theres moisture in it but the leaves them selves are not like that. even with putting some glycerine and molasses on it, it didnt get better with sitting for weeks, maybe its just gone.

-matt
how old is it? i already know i dont need to ask how you store it. Your not a noob lol. maybe see if baking it at a low temp will help the glycerine and molasses permeate the leaves and make them supple again?
Old May 20th, 2009, 12:18 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGPOPPA View Post
how old is it? i already know i dont need to ask how you store it. Your not a noob lol. maybe see if baking it at a low temp will help the glycerine and molasses permeate the leaves and make them supple again?
i got it probably 6ish months ago but it was like that when i got it, i know it was sitting on the shelf at the place since around sept/oct i think that i know of but probably was there for a good long while. so idk. i havent checked it out for a while (the premix have stored in the plastic butter containers) so maybe it absorbed more

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook