Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:19 AM
pliundemix's Avatar
pliundemix
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

My MYA QT is a 2 Hose. But I need to know if my hookah came with the hose adapters with the auto-seal feature. Because I was looking around and found this at hookah-shisha.com:

"This hookah hose adapter is available in both a "regular" type (non-auto-seal) and "auto-seal." The "auto-seal" has a built-in ball bearing that will plug up the hole when not in use." LINK:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1548

The hose adapters on my hookah did not come with a built-in ball bearing. The ball bearings came with my hookah but they were not built-in the hose adapters..I just put them in the stem were the hoses are conected and then screw the hose adapter on top of it, if that is what built-in means, please tell me..

Also...if I do have the auto-seal functionality, hits seem to work better when I plug the tip of the hose that isn't being used...
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:31 AM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

The auto seal adapters have the ball bearings inside the adapter themselves and are held in place by a screw.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/next_ge..._2186_prd1.htm

If you look at the picture in that link, the regular adapter is on the left and the autoseal is on the right.

If you are using only 1 hose, you should use the regular adapter. The autoseal has noticeably less draw and requires some suction to unseat the ball bearing before smoke will flow, which can become troublesome if the ball gets stuck. The purpose of the autoseal is so you do not have to plug the tip of the idle hose.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:37 AM
pliundemix's Avatar
pliundemix
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
The auto seal adapters have the ball bearings inside the adapter themselves and are held in place by a screw.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/next_ge..._2186_prd1.htm

If you look at the picture in that link, the regular adapter is on the left and the autoseal is on the right.

If you are using only 1 hose, you should use the regular adapter. The autoseal has noticeably less draw and requires some suction to unseat the ball bearing before smoke will flow, which can become troublesome if the ball gets stuck. The purpose of the autoseal is so you do not have to plug the tip of the idle hose.
So why did my Hookah come with the ball bearings...the hose adapters don't have the screw you are talking about..but the hookah came with the ball bearings...I don't understand
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:03 AM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

You were probably sent the wrong adapters. Try contacting the vendor and see what they have to say.

If you are using the Mya regular gauge hoses, you might be able to get them to work by screwing in the adapter into the stem, putting the ball bearing in the adapter followed by the hose grommet and hose tip. After taking a hit through that hose, the ball bearing should fall back down and reseat itself. This is assuming the ball bearings you have are the same size as the ones that come in the Mya autoseal adapters as they are slightly larger than the tip opening of the Mya hose.

Do not attempt this with a wide gauge hose like a Nammor or Razan. You will suck the ball bearing straight into the hose and if hard enough, into your mouth.

Take care not to lose the ball when taking it apart. The screw in the autoseal adapter is there to keep the ball from falling out or getting sucked up into the hose if the hose tip is wide enough.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:58 AM
pliundemix's Avatar
pliundemix
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

What u r saying sounds really clever...but When I first got the hookah delivered the ball bearings were in the hose ports and on top of them were the hose adapters screwd onto the hose ports of the stem. I don't know if they did this so the ball bearings didn't get lost or if that's the way they should be placed...Also even though the ball bearings fit exactly in the hose ports of the stem, when i slightly move the hookah you can hear the ball bearing fall in the space created between the hose port of the stem and the hose adapters...

Look here are some pics for the illustration...I think that way you can help me determine what's up with this adapters
Attached Thumbnails
P1020906.jpg   P1020910.jpg   P1020911.JPG   P1020905.JPG   P1020912.JPG  

Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:59 AM
pliundemix's Avatar
pliundemix
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

More...
Attached Thumbnails
P1020913.JPG   P1020914.JPG  
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:35 AM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

DOH! I didn't think about it but you were given that adapter because the QT only has 2 hose ports. If the QT heart is anything like the larger Mya hearts, the purge valve stem is screwed in and sealed by an o-ring just like hose adapter on the other port but because it is hard to remove, you were given a different autoseal adapter. That one is made to screw on to the purge valve stem instead of into the stem port like the ones you will typically find pictured on websites. The 5 hole screen inside the adapter performs the same function as the screw would in a regular Mya autoseal adapter.

So yes, you do have an autoseal hose adapter there but it has to be used with the purge stem and the ball is not built into it. The description on the webpage was describing a regular Mya autoseal adapter. Just be careful not to lose the ball when switching out the adapter for the purge valve cap.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:10 AM
pliundemix's Avatar
pliundemix
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
DOH! I didn't think about it but you were given that adapter because the QT only has 2 hose ports. If the QT heart is anything like the larger Mya hearts, the purge valve stem is screwed in and sealed by an o-ring just like hose adapter on the other port but because it is hard to remove, you were given a different autoseal adapter. That one is made to screw on to the purge valve stem instead of into the stem port like the ones you will typically find pictured on websites. The 5 hole screen inside the adapter performs the same function as the screw would in a regular Mya autoseal adapter.

So yes, you do have an autoseal hose adapter there but it has to be used with the purge stem and the ball is not built into it. The description on the webpage was describing a regular Mya autoseal adapter. Just be careful not to lose the ball when switching out the adapter for the purge valve cap.
Sry for being not so technical..but what's the difference between the "purge valve stem" and the "stem port".... Im saying this because of this paragraph u wrote: "That one is made to screw on to the purge valve stem instead of into the stem port like the ones you will typically find pictured on websites."

Thanks!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

The stem port is a threaded hole in the stem heart/chamber. The purge valve stem is the thing sticking out of it that you screw the purge valve cap onto or the autoseal adapter you were asking about.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:18 AM
patelbadboy2006's Avatar
patelbadboy2006
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,893
Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Yep you were sent a adpater for the purge valve, which is used wen the smoke gets harsh or tastes funny, you blow into the hookah and purge it, thats why its called a purge valve

The bigger myas have the function of beig transformed into 3 or 4 hoses, by using adapters similar to the links provided above, but you wont be able to use them with the QT

The reason you get better smoke when you block the hose your not using is because its not auto-seal, so when you take a drag and the hose aint covered so air gets in and the smoke will be thinner
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM
vqturbo's Avatar
vqturbo
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 204
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

My QT has that very same auto seal port adapter on right now, not sure if we are on the same page..
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqturbo View Post
My QT has that very same auto seal port adapter on right now, not sure if we are on the same page..
It was my fault for the confusion. I was thinking of the regular Mya autoseal adapters so when he described his, it didn't sound right. His pictures cleared everything up.

I'm pretty sure both stem ports on the QT are threaded just like the larger Myas. I can't imagine Mya would use a different size thread on the QT (M10x1.0) so it may be possible to unscrew the purge valve stem and use the regular autoseal adapter. I don't have a QT so I can't verify this myself.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
pliundemix's Avatar
pliundemix
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Cali
Posts: 64
Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
It was my fault for the confusion. I was thinking of the regular Mya autoseal adapters so when he described his, it didn't sound right. His pictures cleared everything up.

I'm pretty sure both stem ports on the QT are threaded just like the larger Myas. I can't imagine Mya would use a different size thread on the QT (M10x1.0) so it may be possible to unscrew the purge valve stem and use the regular autoseal adapter. I don't have a QT so I can't verify this myself.
Yes, I haven't noticed....I thought the purge valve stem had been solder into the stem, but now I can notice that it can be unscrewd...it also has a rubber at the end so it can be air tight...Thanks! man
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
mattathayde's Avatar
mattathayde
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Richmond/Yorktown VA
Posts: 3,779
Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

i used a different adapter to make an auto seal port (female port like that but it was from my rotator) it seemed to pull a lot better than the normal mya ones. i like that style of auto seal better

-matt
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Auto-Seal Functionality pliundemix Hookah Discussion 10 June 29th, 2009 02:33 PM
auto seal system fr0ntline Hookah Discussion 27 March 25th, 2009 02:06 PM
KM auto-seal port adaptors? + KM multi-hose have purge? xephyd Hookah Discussion 6 February 20th, 2009 12:17 AM
hookah auto seal jimbo12109 Hookah Discussion 3 August 21st, 2008 11:31 PM
Mya Auto-Seal Adapter shishaff Hookah Discussion 15 March 14th, 2008 06:31 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:12 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.