Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 16th, 2009, 02:19 AM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to pliundemix
Default MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

My MYA QT is a 2 Hose. But I need to know if my hookah came with the hose adapters with the auto-seal feature. Because I was looking around and found this at hookah-shisha.com:

"This hookah hose adapter is available in both a "regular" type (non-auto-seal) and "auto-seal." The "auto-seal" has a built-in ball bearing that will plug up the hole when not in use." LINK:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1548

The hose adapters on my hookah did not come with a built-in ball bearing. The ball bearings came with my hookah but they were not built-in the hose adapters..I just put them in the stem were the hoses are conected and then screw the hose adapter on top of it, if that is what built-in means, please tell me..

Also...if I do have the auto-seal functionality, hits seem to work better when I plug the tip of the hose that isn't being used...
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:31 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Default Re: MYA Auto-Seal Hose Adapters

The auto seal adapters have the ball bearings inside the adapter themselves and are held in place by a screw.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/next_ge..._2186_prd1.htm

If you look at the picture in that link, the regular adapter is on the left and the autoseal is on the right.

If you are using only 1 hose, you should use the regular adapter. The autoseal has noticeably less draw and requires some suction to unseat the ball bearing before smoke will flow, which can become troublesome if the ball gets stuck. The purpose of the autoseal is so you do not have to plug the tip of the idle hose.
Old July 16th, 2009, 02:37 AM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
The auto seal adapters have the ball bearings inside the adapter themselves and are held in place by a screw.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/next_ge..._2186_prd1.htm

If you look at the picture in that link, the regular adapter is on the left and the autoseal is on the right.

If you are using only 1 hose, you should use the regular adapter. The autoseal has noticeably less draw and requires some suction to unseat the ball bearing before smoke will flow, which can become troublesome if the ball gets stuck. The purpose of the autoseal is so you do not have to plug the tip of the idle hose.
So why did my Hookah come with the ball bearings...the hose adapters don't have the screw you are talking about..but the hookah came with the ball bearings...I don't understand
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:03 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

You were probably sent the wrong adapters. Try contacting the vendor and see what they have to say.

If you are using the Mya regular gauge hoses, you might be able to get them to work by screwing in the adapter into the stem, putting the ball bearing in the adapter followed by the hose grommet and hose tip. After taking a hit through that hose, the ball bearing should fall back down and reseat itself. This is assuming the ball bearings you have are the same size as the ones that come in the Mya autoseal adapters as they are slightly larger than the tip opening of the Mya hose.

Do not attempt this with a wide gauge hose like a Nammor or Razan. You will suck the ball bearing straight into the hose and if hard enough, into your mouth.

Take care not to lose the ball when taking it apart. The screw in the autoseal adapter is there to keep the ball from falling out or getting sucked up into the hose if the hose tip is wide enough.
Old July 16th, 2009, 03:58 AM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

What u r saying sounds really clever...but When I first got the hookah delivered the ball bearings were in the hose ports and on top of them were the hose adapters screwd onto the hose ports of the stem. I don't know if they did this so the ball bearings didn't get lost or if that's the way they should be placed...Also even though the ball bearings fit exactly in the hose ports of the stem, when i slightly move the hookah you can hear the ball bearing fall in the space created between the hose port of the stem and the hose adapters...

Look here are some pics for the illustration...I think that way you can help me determine what's up with this adapters
Attached Thumbnails
P1020906.jpg   P1020910.jpg   P1020911.JPG   P1020905.JPG   P1020912.JPG  

Old July 16th, 2009, 03:59 AM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

More...
Attached Thumbnails
P1020913.JPG   P1020914.JPG  
Old July 16th, 2009, 04:35 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

DOH! I didn't think about it but you were given that adapter because the QT only has 2 hose ports. If the QT heart is anything like the larger Mya hearts, the purge valve stem is screwed in and sealed by an o-ring just like hose adapter on the other port but because it is hard to remove, you were given a different autoseal adapter. That one is made to screw on to the purge valve stem instead of into the stem port like the ones you will typically find pictured on websites. The 5 hole screen inside the adapter performs the same function as the screw would in a regular Mya autoseal adapter.

So yes, you do have an autoseal hose adapter there but it has to be used with the purge stem and the ball is not built into it. The description on the webpage was describing a regular Mya autoseal adapter. Just be careful not to lose the ball when switching out the adapter for the purge valve cap.
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:10 AM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
DOH! I didn't think about it but you were given that adapter because the QT only has 2 hose ports. If the QT heart is anything like the larger Mya hearts, the purge valve stem is screwed in and sealed by an o-ring just like hose adapter on the other port but because it is hard to remove, you were given a different autoseal adapter. That one is made to screw on to the purge valve stem instead of into the stem port like the ones you will typically find pictured on websites. The 5 hole screen inside the adapter performs the same function as the screw would in a regular Mya autoseal adapter.

So yes, you do have an autoseal hose adapter there but it has to be used with the purge stem and the ball is not built into it. The description on the webpage was describing a regular Mya autoseal adapter. Just be careful not to lose the ball when switching out the adapter for the purge valve cap.
Sry for being not so technical..but what's the difference between the "purge valve stem" and the "stem port".... Im saying this because of this paragraph u wrote: "That one is made to screw on to the purge valve stem instead of into the stem port like the ones you will typically find pictured on websites."

Thanks!
Old July 17th, 2009, 04:12 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

The stem port is a threaded hole in the stem heart/chamber. The purge valve stem is the thing sticking out of it that you screw the purge valve cap onto or the autoseal adapter you were asking about.
Old July 17th, 2009, 05:18 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Yep you were sent a adpater for the purge valve, which is used wen the smoke gets harsh or tastes funny, you blow into the hookah and purge it, thats why its called a purge valve

The bigger myas have the function of beig transformed into 3 or 4 hoses, by using adapters similar to the links provided above, but you wont be able to use them with the QT

The reason you get better smoke when you block the hose your not using is because its not auto-seal, so when you take a drag and the hose aint covered so air gets in and the smoke will be thinner
Old July 17th, 2009, 10:06 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

My QT has that very same auto seal port adapter on right now, not sure if we are on the same page..
Old July 17th, 2009, 11:41 AM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqturbo View Post
My QT has that very same auto seal port adapter on right now, not sure if we are on the same page..
It was my fault for the confusion. I was thinking of the regular Mya autoseal adapters so when he described his, it didn't sound right. His pictures cleared everything up.

I'm pretty sure both stem ports on the QT are threaded just like the larger Myas. I can't imagine Mya would use a different size thread on the QT (M10x1.0) so it may be possible to unscrew the purge valve stem and use the regular autoseal adapter. I don't have a QT so I can't verify this myself.
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:44 PM
pliundemix
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
It was my fault for the confusion. I was thinking of the regular Mya autoseal adapters so when he described his, it didn't sound right. His pictures cleared everything up.

I'm pretty sure both stem ports on the QT are threaded just like the larger Myas. I can't imagine Mya would use a different size thread on the QT (M10x1.0) so it may be possible to unscrew the purge valve stem and use the regular autoseal adapter. I don't have a QT so I can't verify this myself.
Yes, I haven't noticed....I thought the purge valve stem had been solder into the stem, but now I can notice that it can be unscrewd...it also has a rubber at the end so it can be air tight...Thanks! man
Old July 17th, 2009, 12:54 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i used a different adapter to make an auto seal port (female port like that but it was from my rotator) it seemed to pull a lot better than the normal mya ones. i like that style of auto seal better

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook