Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Going to NYC!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 26th, 2009, 07:44 AM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City
Default Going to NYC!

Here in about 2 weeks Ill be heading to NYC for a few days and I was wondering if anyone knows of any good hookah bars in that area. I was also wanting to know of anyone knows of any iconic spots that are a must see while in New York. I already know I want to check out Carnagi Deli and since Im an Architecture major Ill be visiting all that I can while there. If anyone has any suggestions, Im all ears. Thx y'all.
-sport

Oh yea, after reading all the reviews and hearing all the buzz about JM shisha I decided to buy some of the blue rain and smore flavors from **********. I also got some blue and citrus mist, which are two of my favorites. WoOt..........I cant wait.
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:01 AM
kkentert
Hookah Newbie

Default Re: Going to NYC!

Of course empire state building, though I think the chrysler building is nicer. For arch., the flatiron building is neat. It's on 27th and 5th I believe. Walk around chelsea as there are a lot of nice homes to check out. You'll see a lot of little faces above doorways. They're sculptures of the old owners from a very long time ago.

Food:
Bar Piti - GREAT italian food. Portions aren't big, but the food is great, and there are frequently celebrity sightings.
Five points - Get a pitcher of Sangria, and have a really nice dinner. check them out online to see their cuisine.
Little Italy - can't really go wrong with anything there.
China Town - Wo Hop is all the rage, though I don't care for it. It's REAL chinese though, so don't expect americanized food. Also- there are two wo-hops. Go to the DOWNSTAIRS one.
If you're a vegetarian, check out Red Bamboo on West 4th Street just off Ave. of the Americas.
Vinyl is really good, and has a great vibe, and young crowd. There is one in Chelsea on 8th ave, and one in Midtown.
If you're seeing any shows, Vintage is a good before and after show place for food and drinks...though it's pricey. it's on 8th around 52nd I believe.
My favorite Thai food is at Yum Yum aound the 49th street area.
I didn't know which of those places if any you'd want to try..that's why I didn't get you exact addresses and links. they should all be on citysearch.com

You missed the days of all the cool clubs. :-(

As far as hookah bars go, there are a lot in Astoria. You can take the R train to 46th street in queens and there is one on 43rd & broadway. Make sure it's still there before you go. Also, on Steinway, there are a whole strip of hookah bars near 29th Ave. Best way to get there would prob. be R train to Steinway, then walk so the Aves go DOWN. you'll hit them all after about 3 blocks.

Manhattan, I don't really know the hookah bars.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Old July 26th, 2009, 08:07 AM
ByronSA
Hookah Pro

that's a lot of great info! i'll have to try some of these places when i go up there next time
Old July 26th, 2009, 09:55 AM
jacob92j
Hookah Nut

Sahara east is a hookah bar I usually go to with my friends in the city. It is on 11th avenue and east 1st street. Just a warning it is rather pricey.
Old July 26th, 2009, 10:34 AM
HookahFiend
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacob92j View Post
Sahara east is a hookah bar I usually go to with my friends in the city. It is on 11th avenue and east 1st street. Just a warning it is rather pricey.
great place! im pretty sure they use KMs and on special request they make bowls out of fruit such as pineapple
Old July 26th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

There was one hookah bar in Manhattan and it was closed due to health issues !! As far as I know, there are no hookah bars in Manhattan but there are many in Queens.
Old July 26th, 2009, 03:12 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder View Post
There was one hookah bar in Manhattan and it was closed due to health issues !! As far as I know, there are no hookah bars in Manhattan but there are many in Queens.
there's a ton of hookah bars in the village...all are pretty overpriced. just hop on the subway to astoria, steinway street.

Old July 26th, 2009, 05:10 PM
cdhfootball
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
there's a ton of hookah bars in the village...all are pretty overpriced. just hop on the subway to astoria, steinway street.
ya, egyptian coffee shop
Old July 26th, 2009, 05:37 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkentert View Post
Of course empire state building, though I think the chrysler building is nicer. For arch., the flatiron building is neat. It's on 27th and 5th I believe. Walk around chelsea as there are a lot of nice homes to check out. You'll see a lot of little faces above doorways. They're sculptures of the old owners from a very long time ago.

Food:
Bar Piti - GREAT italian food. Portions aren't big, but the food is great, and there are frequently celebrity sightings.
Five points - Get a pitcher of Sangria, and have a really nice dinner. check them out online to see their cuisine.
Little Italy - can't really go wrong with anything there.
China Town - Wo Hop is all the rage, though I don't care for it. It's REAL chinese though, so don't expect americanized food. Also- there are two wo-hops. Go to the DOWNSTAIRS one.
If you're a vegetarian, check out Red Bamboo on West 4th Street just off Ave. of the Americas.
Vinyl is really good, and has a great vibe, and young crowd. There is one in Chelsea on 8th ave, and one in Midtown.
If you're seeing any shows, Vintage is a good before and after show place for food and drinks...though it's pricey. it's on 8th around 52nd I believe.
My favorite Thai food is at Yum Yum aound the 49th street area.
I didn't know which of those places if any you'd want to try..that's why I didn't get you exact addresses and links. they should all be on citysearch.com

You missed the days of all the cool clubs. :-(

As far as hookah bars go, there are a lot in Astoria. You can take the R train to 46th street in queens and there is one on 43rd & broadway. Make sure it's still there before you go. Also, on Steinway, there are a whole strip of hookah bars near 29th Ave. Best way to get there would prob. be R train to Steinway, then walk so the Aves go DOWN. you'll hit them all after about 3 blocks.

Manhattan, I don't really know the hookah bars.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Thanks for the info next time i go new york il defintly check those places out
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:19 AM
Sport City
Hookah Nut

Send a message via ICQ to Sport City

Appreciate all the great info. I printed your posts and I'm going to bring them with me. If anyone lives in the area and wanted to meet up for a session....Im game. Thx again yall.
-sport
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:00 AM
kkentert
Hookah Newbie

Enjoy your trip! NYC is the best place in the world...with the exception of the other places that are better. I wish I still lived there!
Old July 27th, 2009, 09:13 AM
kkentert
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkentert View Post

Just remember the name of the hookah bar in queens on Broadway. It's Dandana. They have really good food there too.
Old July 27th, 2009, 10:44 AM
hsilman
Hookah Newbie

the hookah bars in manhattan are fine. There's one I like on Avenue A between 7th and 6th streets. Music is like bollywood remixes of pop songs lol. But the hookah is like 10 bucks and it's delicious.

Horus Cafe on 10th and Ave A is good as well.

Flatiron building is on 23rd and 5th, I live right down the street from it. Don't forget to check out St. Peter's Cathedral, it's on like 5th and 57th or around there. It's near the big atlas statues by Rockafeller.
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:02 AM
kkentert
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hsilman View Post
Don't forget to check out St. Peter's Cathedral, it's on like 5th and 57th or around there. It's near the big atlas statues by Rockafeller.
I think you mean St. Patrick's. It's on 5th Ave. between 50th and 51st -
Old July 27th, 2009, 11:07 AM
ans136
Hookah Newbie

Catch the R train to steinway street and walk up 3 blocks. You will be in hookah heaven.
Old July 27th, 2009, 07:19 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ans136 View Post
Catch the R train to steinway street and walk up 3 blocks. You will be in hookah heaven.
its more like 6+ blocks but yea ,

check out melody on Steinway and cherry cafe on Broadway
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook