Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

shopping for everything...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old July 29th, 2009, 02:32 AM
snoman
Hookah Newbie

Default shopping for everything...

As the title says, im going to be buying everything ill need to start off and join the club as a hookah owner. Ill have around $200.00 to spend. I know i can get a nice hookah of pretty much what ever id like, but im not sure if thats what i should do. I really want to have a nice selection of different brands, and flavors of shisha. With that known, and based of the experience of everyone on here, would it be better for me to buy something in the price range of something like the bambino, and than buy a bunch of different brands/flavors of shisha and coals with the rest of that money, or should i buy something like a KM around the $100.00 range and get a little less shisha. i plan on enjoying my hookah very often, wich is why i want to get a good amount of shisha.

allso for wich ever choice you choose, could you give a recomendation on what you would choose?
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:45 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix
Default Re: shopping for everything...

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=11029
see there
Old July 29th, 2009, 02:52 AM
snoman
Hookah Newbie

yes i have read that allready, but what im mainly asking for is oppinion from people with experience on if i should get a lot of shisha sacrificing a top of the line hookah for a mid level one. or just go for a mid level on and have less shisha to smoke.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:38 AM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

Both will smoke well... and honestly if your just getting into it the wide open pull of a km can be abit much...

when you first start trying out brands and flavors you can go through quite alot to find something you love... I buy nakhla because its the best you can get for about $10 for 250g... when it comes to tabbacco I would rather have 2 things of great shisha than one thing of amazing shisha... so brands like nakhla,havana,al fakhier will be great if you going for large amounts of shisha...

you can also go the other route and buy the best of everything and smoke less...
either way you can't go wrong....

almost forgot... buy a nice hose like a nammor or razzan, it makes a huge diff... also make sure you get good coals... I currently like ******* hookah coals the best...

Last edited by cbyerspace; July 29th, 2009 at 03:43 AM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 03:47 AM
snoman
Hookah Newbie

thankyou for your help. ive been smoking big hookahs for a litle while and i like the wide open pull you get.
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:20 AM
bradedup
Hookah Master

I an 'all-in' type of guy. :P I'd go for the KM.
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:40 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradedup View Post
I an 'all-in' type of guy. :P I'd go for the KM.

Just look at his selection, of course he's all in. Anyways, just get what you want. For starters, I'd say get the bambino just because you never know, you may tire of it or something (i've noticed that people around here will go as quickly as they came), so you won't be out a whole lot that you've paid for a premium hookah. If you decide to keep it, go for the KM after you go through the Bambino's paces.

Old July 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM
hookahman1988
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to hookahman1988

If you've been smoking for a while and know what you like, then I say go all in and get the KM. But if your unsure get the bambino and a wider variety of shisha (btw price doesn't correlate to quality, see starbuzz). You can always upgrade to a better hookah later. Thats what I did.
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:58 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

if you have a good amout of smoking under your belt splurge on a good hookah, shisha is cheap but a whole new pipe isnt.
Old July 29th, 2009, 09:04 AM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Out of boredom i just priced out some stuff you would need from **********, And $200 is more than feasible to grab everything incl. a KM.

35" KM Amoura
******* Hookah Coals
Tangiers Small
Razan Hose
Tall Windcover

Total 153.87 before forum discount.

$50 worth of Shisha enough to get started?
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:31 AM
myka
Hookah Pro

I would get the KM or a hookah of that quality, why? because you just started smoking. You're eventually going to want one in the future so why not buy it now. Also, you shouldn't spend that much money on tobacco since you are new to smoking. You might like most of the flavors and what if you buy a 250g tin of starbuzz and you hate the flavor, thats 20 dollars going to waste. Get the KM and get a bunch of 50 gram samples and maybe a few 100 gram's if the flavor sounds really appealing to you.
Old July 29th, 2009, 11:59 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by vqturbo View Post
Out of boredom i just priced out some stuff you would need from **********, And $200 is more than feasible to grab everything incl. a KM.

35" KM Amoura
******* Hookah Coals
Tangiers Small
Razan Hose
Tall Windcover

Total 153.87 before forum discount.

$50 worth of Shisha enough to get started?
+1 i would get that excpet that particular KM, i prefer the tri-metals

But if its something your gonna use for a long time go for the KM but if its just a faze your going through like you want a hookah now, go for the bambino

Also if your gonna go and smoke your hookah elsewhere then a bambino might be a better choice due to portabilty reasons, theys benefits of having either hookah
Old July 29th, 2009, 12:04 PM
vqturbo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
+1 i would get that excpet that particular KM, i prefer the tri-metals

But if its something your gonna use for a long time go for the KM but if its just a faze your going through like you want a hookah now, go for the bambino

Also if your gonna go and smoke your hookah elsewhere then a bambino might be a better choice due to portabilty reasons, theys benefits of having either hookah
Not a fan of it either, it was the cheapest one.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:32 PM
snoman
Hookah Newbie

allrite thanks. and i plannd on getting small amounts of different shisha seeing which one i like best. im probally going to go the KM route. thanks for the help.
Old July 29th, 2009, 04:48 PM
Dan_E
Hookah Newbie

i suggest you to buy KM Hookah and KM hose or Razan hose
Taingers bowl
Tobaco and coals
to the first time is good
the hookah and hose will cost you like 140$ if u buy a big hookah
Old July 29th, 2009, 08:04 PM
cbyerspace
Hookah Nut

If you do go the km route... the hose that comes with it is a good hose, and would replace it for some time... its just not washable... I actually like the hose that came with my km better than the nammor hose I have been using...
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:09 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

I am going to relate this to photography.

Your hookah is like your camera body.
Your supplies are like your film and lense.

If you don't get enough film and a good lense, it doesnt matter what kind of camera you have, you wont get a good picture quality.

If you have a decent camera and a good lense and some good film, you can take some amazing photos.

I hope that helps.

(I have hookahs that don't smoke as well as my best hookah, but I still keep them and still smoke them because I like them and I will probably go back to them constantly- do not feel bad if you do not get a KM or Syrian Brass)

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old July 29th, 2009, 10:56 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

I also vote for the KM, phunnel, CH coals, and Razan with less tobacco to start with. You might as well start off with good equipment that will last you a while and stock up on consumables later as you use them.

But then again, that may all be moot because once you start throwing money at Hookah John, you'll be going back again for more. Don't worry though, he loves it.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook