Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Niccotine filters...

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old August 7th, 2009, 10:02 PM
kidkarl's Avatar
kidkarl
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wendell, North Carolina
Posts: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl
Default Niccotine filters...

There were a few posts in the past of people looking to reduce the Nicotine in the shisha so they can smoke the more nicotine rich Nakhla and others. Most sites that sell them always seem to be sold out. I just noticed that Caravan Trading on ebay has them. They are 5.95 for two cartridges good for approximately 15 smokes per.

http://cgi.ebay.com/HOOKAH-Hose-MOUT...4.c0.m14.l1262

Just figured some might be interested... Oh yea, free shipping.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old August 7th, 2009, 11:04 PM
ROG's Avatar
ROG
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: cedar city utah
Posts: 233
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

personally i think they are a bunch of B.S. but i have noticed since i have started using my home made deffuser i haven't got the buzz as strong with some tobaccos
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:14 AM
photolinger's Avatar
photolinger
Status: Offline
Arabian Sensation

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,364
Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

i am gonna do a test in a week or so on these style filters, but let me go ahead and say nicotine is not filtered by this stuff.
__________________

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old August 8th, 2009, 12:42 AM
thaidude's Avatar
thaidude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 102
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

filters kill the flavor
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old August 8th, 2009, 01:48 AM
kidkarl's Avatar
kidkarl
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wendell, North Carolina
Posts: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

I disagree that activated carbon would do nothing. It is a fact that activated carbon is one of the most efficient filtering media for many things. Many tests on cigarettes show it does in fact remove nicotine & tar (though not specifically these filters). But I would think as thaidude mentions, it would probably remove some flavour. Also I would think there would be no way to know if the amount of carbon in these filters is enough to be effective. Should make for an interesting thread though!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old August 8th, 2009, 01:56 AM
thaidude's Avatar
thaidude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 102
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

hmm carbon filter lol smoke has carbon hmm more carbon going in ur lungs perhaps
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:03 AM
cademars
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 82
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Why use nicotine filters? If it's out of fear then one should not be smoking at all.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:08 AM
thaidude's Avatar
thaidude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 102
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

haha true dat
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:09 AM
kidkarl's Avatar
kidkarl
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Wendell, North Carolina
Posts: 80
Send a message via Yahoo to kidkarl
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cademars View Post
Why use nicotine filters? If it's out of fear then one should not be smoking at all.
It is because many get a buzz and would still like to try some of these other shishas without the buzz. I personally don't like the buzz but I stick with shisha that doesn't have much. I don't use filters myself but I could see why one would use them. It would open up a lot of other brands to you that you otherwise wouldn't smoke because of the buzz or headache some get from nicotene.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:19 AM
thaidude's Avatar
thaidude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 102
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkarl View Post
It is because many get a buzz and would still like to try some of these other shishas without the buzz. I personally don't like the buzz but I stick with shisha that doesn't have much. I don't use filters myself but I could see why one would use them. It would open up a lot of other brands to you that you otherwise wouldn't smoke because of the buzz or headache some get from nicotene.

yea but those brands dont have any additives like coloring and what not thats why they are strong cuz there is nothing to mellow it out
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:30 AM
cademars
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 82
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidkarl View Post
It is because many get a buzz and would still like to try some of these other shishas without the buzz. I personally don't like the buzz but I stick with shisha that doesn't have much. I don't use filters myself but I could see why one would use them. It would open up a lot of other brands to you that you otherwise wouldn't smoke because of the buzz or headache some get from nicotene.
Ohh ok...well i've never had that problem....but why not just go for the herbal stuff? That stuff wouldnt give you a buzz...you can't even taste it!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:43 AM
thaidude's Avatar
thaidude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 102
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

thats stuff is nasty haha well to me anyway
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:48 AM
cademars
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 82
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaidude View Post
thats stuff is nasty haha well to me anyway
Yea no doubt...it's just very bland and is like smoking...well I guess like cardboard.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old August 8th, 2009, 02:57 AM
thaidude's Avatar
thaidude
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: ca
Posts: 102
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

good question is what kind of herbs are they using haha heck they could just be using dead grass for all we know
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
photolinger's Avatar
photolinger
Status: Offline
Arabian Sensation

 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Atlanta, GA
Posts: 5,364
Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

They are usually just a piece of plastic with a cotton ball in them btw.
(the hose tip ones)

if they are the crushed coal kind then im not sure how it works, that stuff is for purifying water though...
__________________

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old August 8th, 2009, 09:50 AM
paulk's Avatar
paulk
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 905
Send a message via MSN to paulk
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cademars View Post
Yea no doubt...it's just very bland and is like smoking...well I guess like cardboard.

Not sure what brand you have smoked. I can tell you from experience that SOME herbals do have great flavor. That about all they have too.

Most of the Herbal stuff uses Begasse, (cruched sugar cane, which from tests is not good to burn and breath. Many sugar cane workers have ended up dying from this, but only after many years in the cane industry.

As for the filters... I'm not sure how well they would work. However TE was looking for something like this.
__________________


At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:36 AM
cademars
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 82
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Not sure what brand you have smoked. I can tell you from experience that SOME herbals do have great flavor. That about all they have too.

Most of the Herbal stuff uses Begasse, (cruched sugar cane, which from tests is not good to burn and breath. Many sugar cane workers have ended up dying from this, but only after many years in the cane industry.

As for the filters... I'm not sure how well they would work. However TE was looking for something like this.
I've tried Soex brand for herbal. Didn't really care for it...perhaps there is a better tasting brand out there?
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old August 9th, 2009, 12:43 AM
paulk's Avatar
paulk
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Tucson Arizona
Posts: 905
Send a message via MSN to paulk
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cademars View Post
I've tried Soex brand for herbal. Didn't really care for it...perhaps there is a better tasting brand out there?
Soex is what you scrap off your shoes after walking through a cow pasture. No one cares for it. Try Hydro. I think your opinion will change. At least towards herbal. The peach is unbelievable.
__________________


At my age being cynical and sarcastic is just making small talk.
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old August 9th, 2009, 02:18 AM
cademars
Status: Offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 82
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulk View Post
Soex is what you scrap off your shoes after walking through a cow pasture. No one cares for it. Try Hydro. I think your opinion will change. At least towards herbal. The peach is unbelievable.
lol..I believe that about soex. Sure thing, I will look around for this Hydro brand.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:07 AM
BobMarley's Avatar
BobMarley
Status: Offline
Hookah Guru
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 2,856
Default Re: Niccotine filters...

I used to buy some good cigs with carbon in the filter, and it was a great smoke. I'm not sure how the carbon affects it but it seems like it would be a lot different since you're not breathing in "smoke" from a hookah.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:18 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.