Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Al Ajdad Coals vs the rest of the naturals -

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 9th, 2009, 07:43 PM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX
Default Al Ajdad Coals vs the rest of the naturals -

Locally I only have access to the Al Ajdad coals, and since I purchase all of my shisha locally, I am not too excited about purchasing coals online and having to pay shipping on top of prices that are already significantly higher than what I can get the Al Ajdad's for.

How do other natural's compare to the Al Ajdad's? I notice absolutely no flavor coming from the coals when I use the AA's, they also light in 2 minutes flat on an electric coil burner (which isn't any longer than it takes for a QL to fully burn off the accelerant). Negatives; just the increased maintenance from ashing them and the low heat emission if using only one. Everyone raves about the coco's, and I'm likely to break down and buy some soon. Guess I just need that extra push off of the fence.

Anyone else have experience with the AA's and Coco's that would like to provide some insight?

Thanks
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:47 PM
myka
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Al Ajdad Coals vs the rest of the naturals -

These don't sound too bad, fully lighting in 2 minutes and no taste. Pretty good, how long do they last?
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:49 PM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

if they are the finger coals that come in a red bag, ive got some and they dont provide enough heat for me, and they ash a hell of a lot and burn really quickly.
Also they have some sort of taste to it, its not bad but its still a bit of taste
On the otherhand coco provide way more heat and and ash a lot less and burn for longer

Yh i can get these for cheap here as well they are 2.50 so $4 which for any coals here is cheap, but i prefer coconaras still and i have to import them from the US

Maybe you can order coals from a vendor that has flat rate shipping so you can stock up on shisha as well
Old August 9th, 2009, 07:59 PM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

There are a couple of different brands of finger coals that come in a red bag, but these are fairly easy to find in shops and do match the description. And they do almost completely ash.

I'll try to find a vendor with flat rate shipping and try the coco's out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by myka View Post
These don't sound too bad, fully lighting in 2 minutes and no taste. Pretty good, how long do they last?
They do not last very long (maybe that's a sacrifice paid due to the fast lighting for a natural). Plan on 30 min for a 2"-2.5" section with less than ideal heat output (fine for a small bowl, but not for the standard Egyptian that came with my KM). I just smoked a bowl of Nakhla Cherry and (2) 2+" sections barely got me to "acceptable" amounts of smoke. They are made of olive. If I do get any taste from them, it's a light milky taste that I associate with the smoke. I still like them a lot more than the QL's, and they are perfect for setting up my QT with the stock bowl. They're just too much maintenance to smoke on the KM without having to ash/add every few minutes.
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:00 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

al ajdad work and if i recall, are no different from Nour coals.

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook