Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Another hookah flavor thread :S

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old August 16th, 2009, 08:01 PM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

Default Another hookah flavor thread :S

So just a brief background, I've smoked at hookah bars here and there and up until I started watching shisha reviews I decided to get my own rig and tobacco so I can experience the real deal. What intrigued me was how flavorful the reviewer rated different kinds of shisha and I really wanted to experience this. So I ask honestly, is hookah smoke suppose to be sweet and flavorful? Because using 2 coco naras on a mya bowl on a mya vortex and a nammor hose, I get a hint of "smell" if you will but not really flavor.. Don't know what I am doing wrong or I'm expecting too much? So far I've tried AF grape (closest thing to flavor), AF cherry was kinda pastey and not that flavorful and nakhla mint barely had anything..
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:11 PM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Another hookah flavor thread :S

Are you mixing up the shisha before putting it in the bowl?
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Well, first of all you are using AF, and that stuff is terrible.

But if that's all you have at the moment, make sure it is being packed light and fluffy a tad under the rim of the bowl, then cover it with the foil. 2 cocos shouldn't be too much for one of those ceramic Mya bowls if packed correctly, so try managing your heat with a windcover.

If you had to "look" for flavors in hookah smoke, I am pretty surer half the people herer would have nothing to do with it.
Old August 16th, 2009, 08:49 PM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

i put my tobacco in ziplocks, before I pack my bowl i kind of squish it around so it mixes with the juice (nakhla and the AF cherry are kind of pastey consistency) then i sprinkly it in the bowl, just below the top, 1 piece of heavy duty tightly on and 2 cocos i dunno, i want to experience what the people in the reviews do with rich flavors, i have a phunnel, AF strawbery and starbuzz bluemist coming in tomorrow hopefully that will change things
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:02 PM
99GenX
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to 99GenX

I've never gotten the "tastes just like eating an apple" type flavor out of hookah like some people speak of, but the taste is definitely there. Then again my sinus's are 24/7/365 F'd so that might effect things.
Old August 16th, 2009, 09:58 PM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

LOL like for example, take sambooka's review of sweet melon by romman, he says its very sweet and delicious - that is what im expecting out of my hookah sessions, am i expecting too much?
Old August 16th, 2009, 11:23 PM
khalsafauji
Hookah Pro

try Starbuzz safari melon dew. If you can't taste that then you're doing something wrong or something is wrong with you
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:16 AM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

fuuuuuuuu id have to wait another week, its taken about 5-6 days to get my order from hookah john from cali all the way to ontario canada, gonna try some af strawberry and/or starbuzz bluemist to see if theres something wrong, oh and i also got a phunnel
Old August 17th, 2009, 12:31 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

The only time i notice less taste is when i use ice, dry the shisha out a bit on accident, or have a leak somewhere.
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:09 AM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

the cherry and nahkla were more on the drier side, AF grape was a little more wet.. ive already tested for leaks there are none. i guess ill try without ice?
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:19 AM
Coldgr33ntea
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoboy View Post
the cherry and nahkla were more on the drier side, AF grape was a little more wet.. ive already tested for leaks there are none. i guess ill try without ice?
Also, there is a small placebo effect when you go to a hookah bar. Generally, they will use quicklights, cheap tobacco and generic hookahs. But because you paid money for it, you convince yourself that it is a great session full of flavor and enjoyment. This is known as a false memory. It can result from the influence of external factors, such as the opinion of an authority figure or information repeated in the culture. An individual with an internal desire to please, to get better or to conform can easily be affected by such influences.

While i dont want to assume anything on you, this is a big possibility because it happened to me.

I first smoked hookah when i was 15. After that, i didnt try it for a few years, i remember the smoke as big as clouds. I remember the flavor like biting into a fresh strawberry......But most of those were figments of my imagination, only to dissappoint me later. I think this is why i try to strive to make my hookah as enjoyable as possible, so that i might one day reach that point, or better yet, i allow someone else to experience that and remember their best session with my hookah.

OK, im kinda going off on a tangent, but you get the idea.
Old August 17th, 2009, 01:25 AM
nanoboy
Hookah Newbie

Hmm true, that reminds me of the Milgram experiment LOL are you a psych major? But anyways its not about the hookah bars, I just see all these video reviews, take AF strawberry for example, people are praising its candy like strawberry taste, I think I will chew gum and sell my stuff if this new stuff dissapoints.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook