Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha is lacking flavor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:15 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Shisha is lacking flavor

I've been smoking from my friends 10 inch, 15 dollar hookah lately and we're a bit pissed off about our recent smoke and how it tastes. It always tastes gross. We just picked up some nahkla (sorry if i miss-spelled it) orange. From reviews i've watched/read this is supposed to be tasty stuff. We popped it open and i smelled like heaven. Good and moist, even for nahkla. Packed a bowl, correctly so the foil wasn't rubbing against the tobacco, cleaned up the hookah and lit up 2 starlight coconut natural coals. Set it up and let the coals sit for about 3 mins then began smoking. It was refreshing, for about 2 pulls, then the old burnt flavor rolled in, the catch is, the shisha, wasn't burning! We have no idea whats causing this. We have tried all 5 of his hoses (all generic that came with his 2 generic hookahs) and still, gross. This is sort of off putting to me.

I plan on purchasing myself a nice KM soon with a narbish hose. Is it the quality of the hookah/hose/bowl that fucking up the flavor? Or do me and my friend just suck as preparing hookah? Comments please!
Old September 3rd, 2009, 12:58 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Shisha is lacking flavor

Well does the hookah taste bad when you remove the bowl? Could be internal rust. Same with the hoses do they draw properly and you get clean air through them?

Also are you making sure the shisha is loosely packed so that air travels evenly through it.
Old September 3rd, 2009, 01:17 AM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: Shisha is lacking flavor

It sounds like you and your friend not only know how to set it up right, you know your hookahs and brands. You are doing everything right but for a larger hookah. 10 inches is a very very small hookah and to put two coals on that tiny thing for three minutes before even hitting it you are baking it at a super high temperature and everything is creating that burnt taste, the shisha and the shisha juices from the honey and glycerin moisture. Even if it's not black yet it's done. Try half a coal and wait for a larger hookah and bowl to use two coals at a time.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook