Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Bad tasting new hoses

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 5th, 2009, 04:03 AM
Durable_D
Hookah Newbie

Default Bad tasting new hoses

Well I got my first hookah in from Hookah Hookah and bought two Cobra hoses along with a wide synthetic hose. My issue is that the Cobra hose smell like paint or something. So when I inhale thru them without being on the hookah they give a weird taste in your mouth. Thought maybe if I smoke thru them it would help but once that didn't work I washed one with hot water and got some black dye out of it( it is a black hose). So was wondering if someone could help me fix this. So far i can only smoke with the wide hose due to it not having a bad tasting hose. Pls help cause I wanted to share the fun of the hookah to my buds on vacation but with two nasty hoses I think I will miss the point of why I like it.
Old September 5th, 2009, 04:18 AM
DanyalAkkaya
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Bad tasting new hoses

The black stuff that came out is probably the dye the used on the hose. Your not supposed to wash those hoses unless it says they are washable. They have metal coils in them that will rust if you wash it. Your best bet it to blow out the hoses and then you'll have to smoke through whatever is left.
Old September 5th, 2009, 04:28 AM
Durable_D
Hookah Newbie

wow I thought it was washable but now that I re-read I see is not. I just ran hot water thru it so I hope it dries out and I didn't ruin it. The horrible smell and taste just got to me and thats the first thing that came to mind. Well thats one hookah lesson learned.
Old September 5th, 2009, 08:00 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durable_D View Post
wow I thought it was washable but now that I re-read I see is not. I just ran hot water thru it so I hope it dries out and I didn't ruin it. The horrible smell and taste just got to me and thats the first thing that came to mind. Well thats one hookah lesson learned.
Yeah, unfortunately you most likely just took off a big chunk of its life in your stash. But don't fret, you can buy clear tubing and make your own hose from the spare parts when its time has come. (Check the DIY forum.)
Old September 5th, 2009, 01:57 PM
Durable_D
Hookah Newbie

Well I have two cobra hoses and only rinsed one like a noob lol. I been trying to blow both of them out to get the strong paint taste to subdue. Just curious if this is a common issue with the cobra hose or other non-washable hoses? just for a FYI.
Old September 5th, 2009, 02:13 PM
Tunisiano
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to Tunisiano

try smoking some mint shisha and it'll hopefully help remove that nasty taste/smell from the hose
Old September 5th, 2009, 02:25 PM
photolinger
Arabian Sensation

Send a message via AIM to photolinger Send a message via MSN to photolinger Send a message via Yahoo to photolinger Send a message via Skype™ to photolinger

i know that smell, its what my witch tasted like....

theres no way in hell to get it out of the witch hose, i hope you have better luck.

seriously mint might be your best route, suck it up a few times and just see what happens... or get an aircompressor, leave it on with the hose at the tip

"blu mist rulz dawg an that stuff ain't like it an if youz don't agree you bez a shithead yo" - Hajo Flettner
Old September 5th, 2009, 03:50 PM
Durable_D
Hookah Newbie

yea my wide hose is good after a session with HH Lemonade mixed with HH Raspberry. I might mix another bowl today and do the same with the Cobras. I will tell ya how it goes. I ordered some mint on thursday from hookah john so I should have that on friday this week.
Old September 6th, 2009, 12:14 PM
Durable_D
Hookah Newbie

Good News. After hooking the new hoses up to as air compressor and blowing them out for awhile and one good smoke session with friends has tainted the funk hoses to smoke able ones. I was highly shocked when mid-way thru my smoke session I actually got to taste Nakhla Sweet Melon for the first time beyond the hose taste. I thought it was hookah miracle lol.

Happy smoking all!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook