Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

I Got Some Fuzūlī Check It Out! (Pictures)

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 10th, 2009, 04:53 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default I Got Some Fuzūlī Check It Out! (Pictures)

I got lucky in that fisherman pal of mine that owns a digital camera Stopped as promised and took a few pictures of my shipment. I got the "reserved" (3 years) and "economy" blends. I also got the "nazar option" for both blends which came in separate par of small ziplock bags. I don't know how to use it but I am awaiting instruction from a friend has tried it before.

Since I am trying to get an idea about how many people want this stuff and how to ask my contact to try and get I'd appreciate it that those of you want to get some Fuzūlī (and know they can afford it) post in this thread what they want, how much you want (it 25g increments only) and what country they are in.

Those of you that are interested should note that the prices are -

A) Number 1 blend or "classic": $50 U.S. per 100g plus postage
B) Number 2 blend or "economy: $39 U.S. per 100g plus postage
C) Number 3 blend or "Reserved": $60-80 per 100g plus postage depending upon the age (3,5 or 7 years)
D) "Nazar option" which is the addition of a spiral cut aromatic tobacco grown only by the family that makes the brand to any of the above for an extra $6.

Lastly, no one will make any money off of any sale and those that wait too long before stating their interest in buying some have an excellent chance of not being able to get any as this stuff goes very fast. If I can provide it i'll let you know in a few days.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuzuli No 2, back.JPG   Fuzuli No 2, front.JPG   Fuzuli No 3, jar 1.JPG   Fuzuli No 3, jar 2.JPG   Fuzuli No 3, side.JPG  

Old September 10th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Re: I Got Some Fuzūlī Check It Out! (Pictures)

Last two pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Fuzuli No 3, top.JPG   Nazar Option.JPG  
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:00 PM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

wow...i'd love to try it but after spending $600 on college books im pretty much spent lol maybe I can gather some funds. put me down for interest in the economy with a nazar option

Old September 10th, 2009, 05:20 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Do you know what postage would be to the US? I'm in North Carolina. I'm very interested in 50-75g of the 7 year aged.

Also, is there a particular way to smoke it? Edit: Oh you said you're going to find out.

Do you know how many jars he will be sending? I might just buy a full 100g if I can get one of those nifty jars.

Last edited by BobMarley; September 10th, 2009 at 05:22 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:23 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Id be interested in 100g of the Number 1 and 100g of the Number 3 Hajo.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:38 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Now that I've thought about it some, I definitely want to buy some but am not sure which... I'd definitely love a jar of one of them though.
Old September 10th, 2009, 05:46 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Hey Bungle, let me know how much you are thinking about and remember that I can break anything down into 25g increments assuming i'll be able to get it.

A note on packaging is that the best known Fuzūlī is the number 1 "classic" blend which comes in a wooden box that is pretty much the same as Shooting Star's seasonal blends are packed in.

I'll have an idea about shipping charges shortly.

Just found out that the shipping charges to anyone not in Turkey (which I guess is everyone here) is $14 which is based upon the assumption that the package will never have a shipping weight of less then .5kg and not more then 1kg. Those weight estimates are based upon the assumption that there won't be enough for some one to buy more then 3 jars/boxes worth. My friend says if the quantities available are more then I am guessing they are he'll pay any difference in the in shipping charges himself up to 50%.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; September 10th, 2009 at 06:01 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:02 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

um what exactly is it?
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

It's an extremely rare and hard to get moassel made in Turkey. You can read some background about it here: http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2530 . The pictures give you an idea about what to expect. If you have any other questions i'll see what I can do.
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:07 PM
ThEDrEaMEnDeR
Hookah Pro

ah i read that awhile ago forgot about it it sounds good but is it worth the price?
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:36 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

is this like the SB of turkey lol... w8 that cant be cuz SB is crap
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:49 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

Wow. If I were a rich man I would be happy to purchase a large amount but I am quite the opposite. Sorry but I am going to have to pass on this one. Amazing find none the less and I wish safe shipping to all who partake. Love it and savor it.
Old September 10th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Hi Hajo im from the Uk and definitely interested but id just like to ask a few questions first.

Do you have to buy a certain amount to get it in the original packaging?
Which is the one in the Jar?
I don't understand the nazar option?
Which one out of the classical and reserved blend would you recommend to someone like me who hasn't really tried anything more traditional than nakhla pistachio?
Also does this stuff has to be smoked within a certain time limit?

Last edited by Luv2Smoke; September 10th, 2009 at 10:41 PM.
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:47 PM
Tulkaz
Hookah Newbie

Hello Guys and hello Hajo Flettner

I just finished reading both threads, and I am very interested in buying some stuff. I dont care about the stuff ( im one of those guys there can spend 1000$ on a bottle of wine : ) But im only interested if its possible to get it in original jars. I would like 1 of each option A B and C. Hajo send me a PM please. Is it a problem tjat im from denmark?

//Tulkaz
Old September 10th, 2009, 07:56 PM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Hajo, those are true gems right there. I wish I had the bread to purchase some, but alas, I spent what was left after paying rent and utilities on a new hookah. I hope everyone who is able to get their hands on some enjoys it immensely. I'll be eager to see some video reviews.
Old September 10th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Hajo .. I am green with envy!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old September 10th, 2009, 09:24 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

while i am a bit tight on cash, for something this special i think i would be pretty interested in 25 grams (maybe 50, maybe) of the classic, unless i magically can sell some jewelry/blown glass before this gets all set up

i am assuming it is pretty dry so 25 grams will be 2-3 bowls at min

awesome thing your doing HF
-matt
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:22 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

put me down as a definate maybe for option A, B and C. 100g each... if you still have some a week from today i'll buy it gladly ... i'm very eager to try some of this stuff

one question, how does it compare to SS as far as flavor, buzz, cut, wetness and all of that stuff?
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:40 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThEDrEaMEnDeR View Post
ah i read that awhile ago forgot about it it sounds good but is it worth the price?
I just put a review of the #2 (economy) blend so that should tell you a bit. I going to be working a review of the number #3 shortly so keep an eye out for that. The classic #1 will take a bit of time to do since my schedule gets in the way of cool stuff like smoking exotic moassels.
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:42 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
is this like the SB of turkey lol... w8 that cant be cuz SB is crap
Hey don't knock SB, it's great for use in ant traps! Thankfully this stuff is nothing like SB.
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:50 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv2Smoke View Post
Hi Hajo im from the Uk and definitely interested but id just like to ask a few questions first.

Do you have to buy a certain amount to get it in the original packaging?
Which is the one in the Jar?
I don't understand the nazar option?
Which one out of the classical and reserved blend would you recommend to someone like me who hasn't really tried anything more traditional than nakhla pistachio?
Also does this stuff has to be smoked within a certain time limit?
In answer to your questions:
1) If you buy 100g of any thing you'll get the packaging assuming that I can get it. The #3 blend (reserve) is the only one that comes in a jar. Blend #1 comes in a small wooden box like Shooting Star's seasonal blends and blend #2 comes wrapped in wax paper tied with string.
2) I can't really say what any of the blends are like other then to suggest you read the reviews that i'll post in the next day or two. I can say they are a good deal more mellow then juraks and some of the old fashioned black moassels.
3) My guess would be that none of Fuzūlī blends need to be smoked in any given time limit since they command higher prices as they age.
4) I'll have to write up something about the Nazar option separately since it's sort of complicated.
Old September 10th, 2009, 10:54 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by brando147 View Post
put me down as a definate maybe for option A, B and C. 100g each... if you still have some a week from today i'll buy it gladly ... i'm very eager to try some of this stuff

one question, how does it compare to SS as far as flavor, buzz, cut, wetness and all of that stuff?
OK, keep in mind that I don't have any to sell yet and I am unsure if I will be able to get it but I am working on it.

As to buzz well that is tough since that is mostly a matter of how you smoke. Still, it's unwashed so it's much stronger then say AF/SB/AW etc. I'd say it's stronger then Al Fakher Soft Black but not as heavy as most juraks or Shooting Star. The buzz is relaxing and pleasant to most people but I don't notice any personally.
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:04 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
OK, keep in mind that I don't have any to sell yet and I am unsure if I will be able to get it but I am working on it.

As to buzz well that is tough since that is mostly a matter of how you smoke. Still, it's unwashed so it's much stronger then say AF/SB/AW etc. I'd say it's stronger then Al Fakher Soft Black but not as heavy as most juraks or Shooting Star. The buzz is relaxing and pleasant to most people but I don't notice any personally.
is the buzz as intense as Desi Murli? i love the buzz that DM gives, nice and relaxing, but not too overpowering... perfect smoke before i go to bed... buzz i a big factor for me, i enjoy it, but it's hard to get one (even off of nakhla and tangiers) since i smoke cigarettes pretty heavily
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Thanks for taking the time to answer my questions. I will definitely take a 100g but not sure which blend. Probably the classic but Ill wait for your reviews. I sincerely hope you can get hold of this stuff.
Old September 10th, 2009, 11:20 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Default Nazar Option

For those that were wondering what the disk shaped tobacco in the one picture was that is the nazar option I mentioned. An order of the nazar option gives you about 40g. worth of a strange "auxiliary" moassel that you use with anyone of the Fuzūlī blends.

I've been speaking to people more knowledgeable about traditional moassels then I am and i've got some info on the nazar option. The name by the way comes from the fact that it looks like an eye thanks to the dark inner circle which is made out of fire cured Zeghreen tobacco which is aged a mango based herb called Amchur. The aged Zeghreen tobacco is then rolled into a cylinder shape which is then rolled into a larger batch of flute cured Yenidje tobacco and the combination is then aged in oak before being thinly sliced and baked at low temperatures for a very long time in an extremely light molasses.

What you do is you take one or two of the disks, cut them in half and cover the bottom of the bowl with them and poke them with a pin several times before layering in the Fuzūlī blend you plan on smoking until the bowl is half way filled. Next, take another one or two disks, cut them in half and place them on top of the main blend. Lastly you fill the remained of the bowl with the main blend and proceed to smoke as normal.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook