Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Long time no talk

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 13th, 2009, 07:16 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Default Long time no talk

Hey, its been a LONG time since I've popped in. Stopped smoking hookah for a while and switched to cigs. Looking to get back into hookahs, but I'm kinda looking into grabbing something interesting instead of what I've had in the past.

My hookah history goes a bit like this. First hookah I ever got was maybe 5-6 years ago, I got one of those el cheapos from ebay. You know, the kind that says 'colored glass' and it's just acrylic with blue shrink wrap lol. After that I moved up a little bit and grabbed a rotator, After that I grabbed a 'star-gate.' And after that I grabbed a Khalil mamoun which was by far the best investment I had ever made.

Since I lost all of my stuff, I'm looking to buy a new hookah soon but want to try something different. Kind of been looking at the meduse pipe hookahs because I like the concept.

Honestly, I'm looking for something modern and interesting, but don't want to sacrifice smoke for it. I've heard mixed reviews on the meduse, and the price tag is a bit sad(probably sadder since most people aren't going to able to drop like $800). Wonder what the word is on hookahs today since the community has gotten a lot bigger recently then it was before.

Worse comes to worse, my back up idea is to grab a khalil trimetal. Would be nice to try a true syrian, but most of the ones I see online are only syrian by looks(most ive seen dont have break down stems).

love,
-m3rk
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Long time no talk

Caravan Trading on Ebay has some very unique looking Egyptian hookahs you might want to take a gander at. Lots of great vendors to buy from out there though, check the vendor list here on the site for different links. Shop around, see what appeals to you, check the reviews here for what you are drawn to, and get yourself a hookah you love!
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:28 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genie View Post
Caravan Trading on Ebay has some very unique looking Egyptian hookahs you might want to take a gander at. Lots of great vendors to buy from out there though, check the vendor list here on the site for different links. Shop around, see what appeals to you, check the reviews here for what you are drawn to, and get yourself a hookah you love!
actually I've bought from caravan on ebay before and kind of got stiffed, albeit a few years ago(hookah came with a clogged hose).

I already checked out a good portion of the vendors and haven't seen anything eye catching yet. Worse comes to worse I'll narrow it down to a KM which is nice since most of the vendors carry them now. A few years ago only 2 online shops did and it was limited to a few models.
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:42 PM
D-Szlos
Hookah Pro

MERK! your back! All these old faces have been popping back up lately, good to see your still alive.
Old September 13th, 2009, 08:46 PM
merkaba
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Szlos View Post
MERK! your back! All these old faces have been popping back up lately, good to see your still alive.
haha yeah, don't know if I'll run around as a regular, right now just trying to find some input on putting together a decent hookah that I actually like :P
Old September 13th, 2009, 09:43 PM
brando147
Hookah Nut

go with an MZ, still a hand made egyptian, but smokes like a charm
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook