Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Shisha stuck on the bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old September 16th, 2009, 08:04 PM
wally
Hookah Newbie

Default Shisha stuck on the bowl

So I was smoking al-waha mint (very nice btw) when suddenly I couldn't inhale so easily as I was doing before.
I checked the hose, started blowing hard to get the shisha out of the holes and even punch more holes on the foil, nothing seemed to work, so I dissambled the bowl and notice little pieces of shisha stuck on the holes.

You guys know any trick to fix this while smoking? is a pain in the ass to finnish the session after 15 minutes because of this...
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:19 PM
Straykat
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Shisha stuck on the bowl

Hi Wally,

* Did you pack below the rim of your bowl? It should be packed like 1/8" below the rim to account for shisha expansion when heated/

* Did you make the foil tight enough? Drum tight? May have sagged due to coals on foil, putting it in touch with the shisha.

* Are you using a phunnel bowl? If so, the foil may droop some over that 15 mins and cover the center hole. Either prop the foil with the clip trick or the plastic tape around the phunnel bowl trick.
Old September 16th, 2009, 08:26 PM
luqyno1
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Straykat View Post
Hi Wally,

* Did you pack below the rim of your bowl? It should be packed like 1/8" below the rim to account for shisha expansion when heated/

* Did you make the foil tight enough? Drum tight? May have sagged due to coals on foil, putting it in touch with the shisha.

* Are you using a phunnel bowl? If so, the foil may droop some over that 15 mins and cover the center hole. Either prop the foil with the clip trick or the plastic tape around the phunnel bowl trick.

really cant say much more
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:32 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

are you talking about holes in the foil or holes of the bowl, i think you mean of the bowl. if so you need to use larger pieces on the bottom, if there are longer stems put them across the holes to prevent small pieces from falling in

if its clogging the foil your over packing

-matt
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:47 PM
wally
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the advice guys, yeah I meant the holes on the bowl, it seems I need to pack it with the larger pieces of tobacco in the bottom.
Old September 16th, 2009, 09:52 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

also if you have issues while smoking one last ditch effort can be to take the bowl off and blow through it, granted it either needs to be a tall bowl or you need to let it cool or use something to hold it and it can push the tobacco up but it can work

-matt
Old September 16th, 2009, 10:06 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Just be careful if you take it off to blow the tobacco out. As mentioned the bowl will be hot as hell. Glycerin might drip down and it'll be hot, but not scalding. Lastly, you might upset the packing of the bowl and end up with tobacco touching the foil(happened to me and brought my session to a screeching halt). In practice that doesnt happen much, just something to watch for after you do it.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old September 16th, 2009, 11:31 PM
Genie
Hookah Nut

Or you can use a toothpick or a poker to poke through the foil, shisha, and right into the bowl's holes mid-session. I've had to do this once or twice before I learned how to fluff up the shisha before covering it with foil.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook