Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 8th, 2007, 10:24 AM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

Default GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!

okay so i want a new hookah... haha i got some cash to spend i would like a 2 hose hookah but be also be able to use it solo because i smoke solo alot... so yeah gimme some suggestions under 150 is the ideal price range. 2 or more hoses works also... but keep in mind solo sessioning is were its at for me tho
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:01 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel
Default Re: GIMME GIMME GIMME!!!!!!!!!!

My suggestion is to get a single hose hookah. You seem to really want a single hose hookah so why not get it? Ask your self if you have friends that come over constantly to smoke and also think of how easy it is just to pass a hose lol. Get a nice single hose hookah..i suggest hookah company for the mere fact that they have alot and try to go with a kalil mamoon hookah.
Old December 8th, 2007, 01:50 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Listen to speel's suggestion...it really isn't all that necessary to have a two hose if you'll mainly be smoking by yourself... also this hookah might fit your needs http://www.hookah-shisha.com/store/p...idproduct=1761 Check out their other selection too, they have a variety of different brands at pretty good prices...

Edit: Forgot to mention... what's good about the Paragon as well as most other Mya's, is that you have the option of converting it to a double, triple, or even quadruple hose set up in the future. And when your done, you just unscrew the adapters and convert it back to a sinlge hose. The best of both worlds...
Old December 8th, 2007, 02:47 PM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

for the cash.....

no problem to go ahead and get a single hose rig.....

THEN.

Get an hose adapter that screws onto the the purge valve fitting that allows a second hose. You sill still be able to purge out that hose connection, as it is an auto seal.

One downside is that the other user will have a lightly constricted draw than you will...
Old December 8th, 2007, 06:41 PM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Single hose all the way... May I suggest a MYA Acrylic?
Old December 8th, 2007, 06:47 PM
poopooshaboo
Hookah Newbie

http://alfakheronline.com/Item_Hookahs.htm

Old December 9th, 2007, 09:51 AM
the Devils Playground
Banned

Send a message via ICQ to the Devils Playground

If you want hit me up with your choices I will see what kindof deal I can give you. I would say Go Mya. We can always convert it to 2 3 4 hose cheaply. Best of all mysa that start with one hose will always have a connection that does n ot have a Bearing it in. Thats the one you want. You get a couple neat parts with that hose. First off it will hit just a bit better from that connection then the ones with the bearings also Imagine hom much fun it is to blow smoke in unsuspecting friends faces. Their look is priceless. Yea I do it daily to people with my MYA.

Now the only questions left is size/ Color. I have a MYA distributor here so if on the off chance I dont have it in stock and thats pretty off I can get it. The added hoses or connectors will let it smoke like a one hose when people are not around but when you have a bunch of people over like we do you can smoke multi Hose. I happen ( Yea Yea Just happen) to have a converted 4 hose MYA thats bad ass here Amber and gold. Converted to 4 hose. Just looking for a good home.

If anyone wants to see it let me know I will get some pics posted of it.

Thanks again, Neal, Holly
The Devils Playground, Las Vegas
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:20 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

Holy Fuck dude, are you going to self promote in every thread in the general area......Incredible!

Old December 9th, 2007, 04:18 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

okay so let me back up here i have like 5 hookahs 2 mya's 1 eqypt and 2 syrians all of them are single hosers thus why i want a double or more hose for when people are around but if it smokes well i would love for it to be able to be used solo... mya's i have a grudge against i hate how some of them screw on thus the treads get ruined... ect ect. yeah im ranting.. lol thanks for the suggestions anyways
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:33 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkD3vil
mya's i have a grudge against i hate how some of them screw on thus the treads get ruined... ect ect. yeah im ranting
From what I've seen, the threads only get ruined because of user error. It's not something that happens naturally. It's something that happens when the owner tries to screw it on way too tight, thus stripping the threads. This same situation happens to the bolts on cars all the time. Is it the car's fault? Or the manufacturer's fault? No, it's the technician's/owner's fault for over-tightening it. Mya's come with a warning paper that clearly states to be careful when screwing on the bottom downstem because doing it too tight will strip the threads...
Old December 9th, 2007, 04:54 PM
DarkD3vil
Hookah Nut

yeah but ive also had it for over 2 years now.. its like any thing that is consistently being screwed on it does wear and break over time.

and im not saying i didnt do anything wrong plus i dont like the way they feel compared to good Egyptian
Old December 9th, 2007, 05:28 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Hmm well Mya's are much sturdier and better put together than Egyptians in all cases. Egyptians are hand-made, so you get hand-made quality. That's why i think anything but a brass Egyptian is not worth buying, because you can have no way to know if it is ACTUALLY stainless steel or not, which in most cases means nickel-plated. And a 2 hosed Egyptian basically ruins the aspect of the Egyptian Hookah and it's very traditional and very productive heart style (single tubes).
Mya's are one of the best, if not the best, multiple hosed hookahs, because you can convert back and forth between 4 hoses to 1 hose. They are easy to clean, very sturdy, very thick (in regards to the stems). The glass is questionable, as it is Chinese factory produced.
Syrians also offer perfect multiple hose rigs, like the JandR Syrians for instance. They are very sturdy and heavy, very hard to dent, easy to clean, and customizable in height and stem style. They are brass, so you know you are getting quality.

I would reccomend a JandR for aesthetics, durability, tradition, ease of use, ease of cleaning, and variety in regards to it's customization possibilities.

Myas are not so unique, as they are not hand-made at all and are sold in mass quantities. But regardless, are still great rigs. And the downstems are VERY wide.
Old December 9th, 2007, 10:43 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Be careful when you buy a mya these days.. the glass bases are very thin now due to the new glass manufacture
Old December 9th, 2007, 11:46 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Totally agree with you Zensilk! And I just want comment on what speel said about the glass bases... Although this may in fact be true, I don't see how someone could have their current Mya base break on them...The person must be EXTREMELY clumsy/careless for their Mya base to break. And I'm saying this because my pyramid Mya base is actually thicker and heavier than my Egyptian hookah base ... Yeah, weird huh? This is why when someone says that all Mya bases are thin and fragile, I just don't seem to understand why.

I smoke with my Mya outdoors 99.9% of the time. It definetly recieves the potential for A LOT more abuse than a hookah that is constantly being smoked indoors (safer to an extent). I'm really careful with it, and I always place a thick towel underneath it, and this is why my base has never come into any type of situation where it may break... As long as the owner takes the proper measurements to care for the base, it will NEVER break. You can't really throw around a glass base and be careless with it and expect it to last. In the end it's just that...glass
Old December 10th, 2007, 12:25 AM
nofrendo
Hookah Nut

Yeah you want to make sure your MYA glass is good and thick... may I suggest a smaller one? But I would def. recommend the acrylic... I have never had a problem with the threads and I bought mine used... If the threads break anyway you can just buy a replacement vase for about $15. Plus the vase is super sturdy
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook