Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

The perfect morning smoke.

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old September 21st, 2009, 10:25 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Default The perfect morning smoke.

Well I got home from work this morning around 6am and set up my baby with a 50/50 mix of SB vanilla and Nahkla cherry. It was beautiful, 2x foil on the bowl with 3 natural coals. Simply perfect, the sky was just showing its light blue face and there was a cool breeze.

I finished the bowl and the coals died down, so I went for a refill, I took my tray and my bowl and remade them, with the same mix...Im in love. But in any case I come back out and set up again place 3 new coals on the bowl after gently letting 1 coal temper the shisha. I let it sit for about 5mins and then DISASTER.

I took the first hit and noticed that the draw was way too hard I was giving my hookah the best head it could get and still almost no smoke, but good flavor nonetheless. I dicovered that the ice I had in the base had melted and put the water level too high. Okay no problem. Water leve back to normal I go for another spin but while setting back up my bowl wont sit on the grommet! Im pretty sure that the nice breeze overheated my coals while I was inside waiting and thus molten shisha juices (and yes it was hella juicy) slimed down my grommet and was hot enough to cause it to distort. So I had to cut my second bowl very short, I maybe got a good 20mins total of decent smoke then decided to call it a day. Im gonna try stabilizing the bowl with a wet paper towel (ty PL). but nonetheless some new grommets are on the way. Kinda bummed but Im still smiling because the first session was that good. Im beginning to think an authentic phunnel is needed, not only for the epic shisha juice cup holder feature but also to give me more distance from grommet to hot stuff.
"I don't want to swim the ocean, I don't want to fight the tide. I don't want to swim forever! When it is cold, I'd like to die."
Old September 21st, 2009, 02:02 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Re: The perfect morning smoke.

i used to have the same problem with shisha juices a few months ago. i was really into Ayam Zaman and that stuff is extremely juicy. switched to a vortex and that made a huge difference not only in keeping in the juices but it also improved the draw because the holes weren't getting blocked by the wet shisha.
Old September 21st, 2009, 06:42 PM
Hookah Master
Default Re: The perfect morning smoke.

Perfect morning smoke = Tatuaje Petite .

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook