Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

DISASTER!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 8th, 2009, 07:25 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Default DISASTER!

So I just had my first hookah related disaster...and Im really bummed.

I go outside with my hookah and my vortex bowl, with some HF-blueberry pancake shisha. Set up my portable dvd player with the movie Dogma...Coals are lit, and on the bowl.

Good to go!

Then one of my dogs literally runs and tackles my hookah. The hookah is fine, stem and vase are still perfect, but the bowl flew off and is now in about 100 pieces with totally un-smoked shisha.

So I was wondering, only for entertainment purposes and because misery loves company: What kind of hookah explosions has everyone else had?
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:27 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Re: DISASTER!

Dude ..... a broken bowl and a few grams of tobacco is what u call a disaster?
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:28 AM
Sui
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Egyptian View Post
Dude ..... a broken bowl and a few grams of tobacco is what u call a disaster?

Yes...
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:44 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Send a message via MSN to krampi

Your life should be really nice ...
Old October 8th, 2009, 07:54 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

LOL Krampi

I don't want to undermine ur "agony", Sui ..... but please ..... man up ..... it's just a bowl and a few grams of tobacco .... nothing big, nothing u can't replace or afford ...... cheer up man .... What has happened already happened
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:01 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

I broke 3 vases and 2 nammours and 2 phunnels in a space of a week, that was a sad sad week
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:12 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

I wrecked a brand new car, f***ed up a brand new VOIP router and an ADSL-wireless router by plugging them to 220v instead of 110v ... and they were expensive back in 2005, received unfairly a poor performance appraisal at work, my job was at risk, got sick .... all in the time frame of one week ...... How about that?
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:16 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

I wanted to have sex with a girl last weekend, but she didn't let it ...
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:17 AM
The Egyptian
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by krampi View Post
LOL ...
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:34 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I've broken a couple bowls, from pushing them onto the stem! haha

Just setup a good old egyptian bowl, I'm sure you got one of those. And smoke a farewell bowl to the gone but not forgotten broken bowl. Then bury it in the backyard with a little mini gravestone and play Taps.

At least it wasn't your base!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 8th, 2009, 08:35 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
ROFL!...anyways, thats why I have 8 various bowls laying around

Old October 8th, 2009, 09:16 AM
cuellar
Hookah Nut

damn i hope nothing like that ever happens to me...
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
ROFL!...anyways, thats why I have 8 various bowls laying around
To have sex with?
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:40 AM
fritz1
Hookah Newbie

I hope you didn't kill your dogs, I have two German shepherds, had three before, I know what can happen with just a whip of their tails let alone 120 pounds of dog running around my Hookah or anything else

So I always always take that in consideration before I set up a hookah you're lucky that's all that happened, and you should apologize to your dogs for the trauma you caused them LOL
Old October 8th, 2009, 09:46 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

My best friend died the day before Christmas, I don't celebrate it as a religious holiday because I'm an Atheist (just saying), when I was 11 years old. Now that was a shitty day... Christmas sucks for me even 8 years later.
That's a bad day.
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:11 AM
fritz1
Hookah Newbie

I feel your pain my oldest male died two day after Christmas it was one of the saddest days in my life I'll never forget, the pain and loss indescribable
Thought I'd add a pic

Last edited by fritz1; October 8th, 2009 at 10:20 AM.
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:15 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

I had just gotten my new bowl two days prior. I had never had an accident that resulted in something breaking. I may have chipped my old bowl, but that's nothing major. But somehow this bowl slipped out of my hands, and after (what seemed like a good 5 seconds in my head) of slow-motion juggling and desperate grabs for the piece, it shattered all over the floor. Two days old... So young.
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:20 AM
Seanzo
Hookah Nut

is it weird that i have broken 16 egyptian bowls and dont realy care?
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:50 AM
krampi
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seanzo View Post
is it weird that i have broken 16 egyptian bowls and dont realy care?
New way of throwing plates? Throwing bowls instead?
Old October 8th, 2009, 10:59 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

On a completely separate note dogma is a fantastic movie
Old October 8th, 2009, 11:00 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Well I would not call that a disaster I got up one morning in 1993 (04h00) very early as I was working on a major presentation for Transport contract Rates for a company got dressed and left for work at 5h30 I hit a 6 Ton Truck head on he turned at an intersection while I was approaching I was traveling at 60 Km h when I hit him, The Little Nissan collapsed The safety belt gave way to muck slack my face hit the steering wheel crushing the bones on the left side the safety belt Broke my sternum and some ribs when the belt threw me back the seat collapsed under me causing the full weight of my body to hit the floor of the vehicle thus crushed some vertebrae in my lower back L1-L3 that got me 16 days in ICU 12 months in a full body back brace (stand walk and Laying down only no sitting allowed) (6 months was rehab) 3 years later in 1996 they operated and inserted Screws and pins in my back with lumbar Fusion. Another 12 months in a Back Brace (6 months rehab). When the did the fussion they had to reroute all the lower back nerves (conveniently there was some surgical steel close by and that was a safe place to put those nerves) Now when any weather changes occur my back tells me. During the first 12 months I was on Morphine Tablets for the pain. and after 3 months of walking around like a zombie I decided that I had enough I kicked the Pain med's and just said I can and will get through it spent many a winters night standing in a cold swimming pool to dull that aching eating pain. or laying in a hot bath to soak the knots out of the back muscle spasms. I still experiance pain but it has not killed me just raised my tollerance level for pain to gianormous heights. I have lost a lot of sensation in my arms legs hands and feet. I was 34 years old when this happend and now 16 years later I still carry on. Now some would call that a disaster I would rather call that fate for on that day when I saw that truck approaching I resigned myself to the fact that I may not make it out alive. I faced death and lived thus my fear of dying was erased.

So a broken bowl is not a disaster but a minor inconveniance.

Pack another and enjoy.
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:27 PM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

THIS is a disaster, i leave my hookah where i normally do, but the hose dangling, at 4am i hear a CRASH run up to the balcony and my dogs have knocked over my 38" KM Ice, breaking its base, which is no longer sold at thehookah.com anddd my small phunnel bowl. best of all... i live in brazil, cant even think of replacing till the end of the year. THERES a disaster! D8
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:30 PM
brazilrocker25
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Well I would not call that a disaster I got up one morning in 1993 (04h00) very early as I was working on a major presentation for Transport contract Rates for a company got dressed and left for work at 5h30 I hit a 6 Ton Truck head on he turned at an intersection while I was approaching I was traveling at 60 Km h when I hit him, The Little Nissan collapsed The safety belt gave way to muck slack my face hit the steering wheel crushing the bones on the left side the safety belt Broke my sternum and some ribs when the belt threw me back the seat collapsed under me causing the full weight of my body to hit the floor of the vehicle thus crushed some vertebrae in my lower back L1-L3 that got me 16 days in ICU 12 months in a full body back brace (stand walk and Laying down only no sitting allowed) (6 months was rehab) 3 years later in 1996 they operated and inserted Screws and pins in my back with lumbar Fusion. Another 12 months in a Back Brace (6 months rehab). When the did the fussion they had to reroute all the lower back nerves (conveniently there was some surgical steel close by and that was a safe place to put those nerves) Now when any weather changes occur my back tells me. During the first 12 months I was on Morphine Tablets for the pain. and after 3 months of walking around like a zombie I decided that I had enough I kicked the Pain med's and just said I can and will get through it spent many a winters night standing in a cold swimming pool to dull that aching eating pain. or laying in a hot bath to soak the knots out of the back muscle spasms. I still experiance pain but it has not killed me just raised my tollerance level for pain to gianormous heights. I have lost a lot of sensation in my arms legs hands and feet. I was 34 years old when this happend and now 16 years later I still carry on. Now some would call that a disaster I would rather call that fate for on that day when I saw that truck approaching I resigned myself to the fact that I may not make it out alive. I faced death and lived thus my fear of dying was erased.

So a broken bowl is not a disaster but a minor inconveniance.

Pack another and enjoy.
DAMNNNN HOLY SH*T man!!! you're a better man than i am for saying that wasn't a disaster!
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:48 PM
TheAverageJoe
Hookah Newbie

No disaster, but I had my friends break a rotator bowl, and two bowls as I was lighting the coals outside. My carpet has taken a beating. I had my cobra hose break after my friends dropped it, got another, and then I broke it, glued that back together and then my friends dropped and broke it AGAIN... grrr.
But yeah these things shouldn't discourage you, and it shouldn't be a problem at all if your a boy scout like me =P , Always prepared.
Old October 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
It could be a good thing actually. Not that long ago a stupid girl was coming on pretty strong to me which wasn't cool given that she was clearly less then wholesome and not the sort of person i'd want to hang with. For some reason all the female attention i've been getting for quite a while now has been from the sort of girl that just isn't worth knowing. That doesn't reflect well on me I suppose.

Anyway, I don't i'd call the lose of a bowl and a few grams of tobacco a disaster. I did have a disaster when a stupid girl wrecked my favorite Syrian crystal vase since the thing couldn't be replaced and it cost me a pretty penny to ship. Lately I haven't had any smoking mishaps but since I always smoke outside I don't need to worry about wrecking carpet/rugs/floors/furniture or what ever.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; October 8th, 2009 at 03:29 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook