Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

OK I finally decided to watch some HP vids

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 13th, 2009, 02:33 AM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Default OK I finally decided to watch some HP vids

I watched a few of the vids,like how to pack different bowls and tobacco's and what not and I'm pretty blown away At how things are done around here.

What you guys must be joking.Please tell me that you guys don't actually pack your bowl like that.

Now I'm not gonna claim that I'm the greatest hookah master of all time.But I have been smoking hookah for 14 years and learned from my good egyptain freinds long ago.And no one sprinkles nakhla or even Al fahker.And yes the tobacco is supposed to touch the foil.

I was really shocked by the vids.No wonder so many people want to add something to the water or use a fruitbowl or do some other trick to get more flavor from there hookah.Its because there not packing there bowls right. LOL.

sorry this is funny to me don't take it personal.

and double funny the comments for the vids going right along confirming it LOL!

Last edited by twoapplesplease; October 13th, 2009 at 11:09 AM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:46 AM
KillerB
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to KillerB Send a message via MSN to KillerB
Default Re: OK I finally decided to watch some HP vids

um...... not to sound like a douche.... but you sound like a douche. I never let my tobacco touch the foil because when i do it burns and tastes like an ashtray. As for sprinkling and all that... it really doesnt matte rthat much as long as there is decent airflow...

However, the next time you feel like insulting the community as a whole i would suggest you just tuck that little idea away and laugh at our "stupidity" on your own.
22" Temsaah Mini-Wheat
Old October 13th, 2009, 02:50 AM
SynysterBuzz
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to SynysterBuzz

although i can second your opinion killerB i wanna hear what he has to say.
if we're doing it wrong by all means give us a walkthrough on YOUR method or the RIGHT method handed down to you from the egyptians you speak of.
please show me, i'd love to try and further my hookah smoking experiences
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:12 AM
jdaphotog
Hookah Newbie

wow, just wow. If you don't agree with the info shown in the videos that's fine but they have always done fine by me and i have found them to be very helpful. In the end it all comes down to how you like to set up YOUR hookah, just seems to be rude.
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:13 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

You know something i get exactly what your saying, i never sprinkle my AF or nakhla in the bowl anymore, but im not saying im a master at it, but would like it if you put a vid of how you do it??
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:33 AM
Luv2Smoke
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by twoapplesplease View Post
I watched a few of the vids,like how to pack different bowls and tobacco's and what not and I'm pretty blown away At how things are done around here.

What you guys must be joking.Please tell me that you guys don't actually pack your bowl like that.

Now I'm not gonna claim that I'm the greatest hookah master of all time.But I have been smoking hookah for 14 years and learned from my good egyptain freinds long ago.And no one sprinkles nakhla or even Al fahker.And yes the tobacco is supposed to touch the foil.

I was really shocked by the vids.No wonder so many people want to add something to the water or use a fruitbowl or do some other trick to get more flavor from there hookah.Its because there not packing there bowls right. LOL.

sorry this is funny to me don't take it personal.

and double funny the comments for the vids going right along confirming it LOL!
So do you pack it tight up to the brim or what?
Old October 13th, 2009, 04:46 AM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

Just teasing, I want to see how you do it though. For all we know he could be enlighten us. (At least partially.)
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:26 AM
Sykotik
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Sykotik Send a message via MSN to Sykotik Send a message via Yahoo to Sykotik

lulz.

I have been smoking hookah for over 3 years... My parents have been smoking for over 15.

Now, I learned from them and others..AND it is common sense to not let your foil touch your shisha. If you do you will have burnt shisha and bad flavor. i always underpack nakhla and i bet i can get better clouds than anybody here. Including flavor.

Nakhla can manage heat pretty well. You sprinkle in a little, not a lot. and gently pack it down.

If you think we do it wrong make your own video and prove us wrong. Or actually make a video that we can all laugh at
Old October 13th, 2009, 05:36 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

You could have stated that you pack your bowl differently than the way you saw on the videos, without taking a shot at the whole community, but you didn't.

You could have explained how you pack a bowl or even better made a video showing your bowl packing technique, without criticizing those that took their time to make a video and share their technique, but you didn't.

It would be nice, in the future if you feel the need to make a post like this that you put forth some effort of your own. No need to ridicule and make fun of those who share their knowledge (whether you agree with how they do things or not) with our community.

Last edited by Dunkel; October 13th, 2009 at 08:20 AM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:20 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

twoapplesplease .. go ahead and make a vid for us all then! Enlighten us all with your infinite wisdom. But I can tell you right now, if you setup your bowl the way that most hookah bars setup theirs? Then I will preferably take my own setup to yours .. because I think hookah bars produce some of the crappiest of crap hookah I have ever smoked. With burnt tobacco sticking to the bottom of the foil and mediocre flavor at best.

I'm no expert, but I think I setup a pretty tasty hookah, with exceptional flavor that lasts at least 45minutes to an hour, no harshness and no burnt taste ...

So put your video up .. show us oh wise one

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 13th, 2009, 08:47 AM
Xanhonestpuckx
Brother of the Black Leaf

Send a message via AIM to Xanhonestpuckx Send a message via Yahoo to Xanhonestpuckx

I have to agree with everyone else here. I never let my shisha tobacco touch the foil and i always have great taste. It was also very poor taste to insult all the video makers here.

Old October 13th, 2009, 09:03 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

If you watch vids from the other community you're at, they do the same thing. so why not blow up at them too?

Old October 13th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Demonix
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Demonix

Hmm... what a dick comment... I agree with everyone else, let us see your so fabled ability to pack.
Also, why the hell would you post such an asshole like thread basically attacking the community? Your shoes must be of gold for you to be able to speak so greatly about yourself.

Last edited by Demonix; October 13th, 2009 at 09:48 AM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 09:39 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Old October 13th, 2009, 09:55 AM
Phantastik
Hookah Newbie

its alright guys, I believe him.

The last time someone said something like this, my science project ended in shambles. I should of listened to the other guy cause he has been smoking for 14 years with his Egyptian friends.
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:03 AM
rlynge
Hookah Nut

Bad form bro.... We are a tight community here and it is very disrespectful to come forth and trash what we believe is the correct method. It would have been more respectable for you to show us your method.

What works for you might not work for others.

Guys maybe he speaks of the double packing method with nakhla. Searing (not burning) nakhla could be beneficial to its flavor.

But once again....bad form!
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:37 AM
iamjack
Hookah Newbie

Wow... everybody said everything i wanted to say...and they did it nicely... for some reason twoapples - you tend to attack a very large group of people no matter where u are at. coughcoughegyptianbowltangierbowlcoughcough
Old October 13th, 2009, 10:57 AM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Sorry guys I didn't mean it to be taken as an insult.
Rather I was just really suprised to see how the different ways people pack there shisha.
Now let me say that the vids are really great and very informative and if it works for you then great.Its just very different than how I have been shown and doing shisha for a long time and was kinda a shock too me.Maybee thats why I don't like starbuzz It needs to be sprinkled sparinglly and never touch the foil.That Kind of thinking never occured to me.I never seen it before

anyways guys please don't take it personal like I stated at first I was in a state of shock.If thats what works for you guys then great.And having the vidios are a great asset.Its great folks are willing to put there time and energy into these vids.

what I think of as good smoke would probly be conidered harsh by many.So yes its a personal preferance as to how you pack your shisha and smoke it getting the desired affect you prefere.I just prefere a strong smoke.And occasional smoke with out foil at all.

Last edited by twoapplesplease; October 13th, 2009 at 11:12 AM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:01 AM
sweetlake
Hookah Pro

I let my tobacco always touch the foil and almost never have any problems with burning or getting harsh. Not even with starbuzz.

Anyway I learned from people from Jordan, Turkey, Egypt etc. and never had any issues with the way I pack.
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:30 AM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

Personally, I use a different packing method for every different brand as I'm sure most of the people on here do. What we have to realize is that everyone does stuff in different ways. I think there was a post on here recently about session superstitions and what not. This is a prime example of the diversity of hookah and the people who smoke it. That may be one of the best things about this hobby, the individuality.
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:35 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

well said slick!

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old October 13th, 2009, 11:55 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

I am very sure that fruit bowls were just props for videos, no one is saying that they enhance the flavor or anything. There are many individuals who are recognized because they can craft hookah heads made out of fruit right in front of you, plop it on the hookah, and you can actually smoke out of it. Also a prop, but still pretty cool nonetheless, it's like Benihana but with narghiles.

Everyone has a different way to pack, and different experiences with different things. I may say I hate MZ's, but I know there is a select few that I actually do enjoy smoking from. I still tell people not to buy them though.

OK, and i'm not saying you are a jerk here, but I think you have spent a little too much time over "there".

Last edited by ZenSilk; October 13th, 2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:02 PM
FusionX
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to FusionX

them fighting words Sykotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykotik View Post
i always underpack nakhla and i bet i can get better clouds than anybody here. Including flavor.
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
them fighting words Sykotic.
I definitely slightly overpack my mizo grape, not as much as lucid but still pretty set in there, and I can say the same thing.
Old October 13th, 2009, 12:28 PM
Dee
Hookah Pro

Well, being as I made one of the videos in question, I figured I better put my 2 cents in. I would like to point out that I was inspired to try the over pack method I demonstate in the video based on photos that twoapplesplease posted.

The method has worked well for me and I would encourage everyone to give it a try. I would NOT go so far as to say it is the "correct" method of bowl packing. I still use a "standard" packing technique most of the time and I get great results.

As was stated by others, we all do things a bit differently. What works for me may not work for you. I am generally willing to try what works for you and come to my own conclusions. Bottom line is a person has to find out what works for them through experimenting with what is known to work for others. (say that 10 times fast!)

If you do watch my video, be aware that recently I have tried this method with a slightly larger in diameter bowl and gotten better results.

Peace folks...
Share with your friends on facebook