Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nakhla Question

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old October 26th, 2009, 02:11 AM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Default Nakhla Question

So I recently decided to try Nakhla after reading about how much everyone (or almost everyone) on hookahpro loves it. I had a bit of a problem getting it to produce a good amount of smoke without getting harsh, and I'm not sure about how wet nakhla normally is but the batch I got seems to be really dry. I know it's supposed to be a really easy tobacco to get to smoke well and I have no problem getting starbuzz, AF, Romman, or layalina to smoke well so I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions? I tried adjusting my normal setup in a few different ways. I normally use a layer of heavy duty foil with 2 or 3 natural coals and just take one off if it starts getting too hot, but I couldn't seem to find a happy medium with the nakhla. It either had really good taste with little smoke or a lot of smoke but very harsh (burning). I tried packing it tighter and looser, using more and less coals (anywhere between 1-3), using an extra layer of foil and even making a foil ring between two layers so the coals wouldn't be as close to the tobacco. Nothing I did seemed to work, so any help would be great. Thanks all in advance for any suggestions.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:21 AM
shawnwhyte
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Nakhla Question

Nakhla really isn't a brand used to bring about a tremendous amount of smoke. More so preferred due to the buzz it brings and the intensity of the flavors. You aren't doing anything wrong, just expecting an orange when you bite into an apple. Edit: Though I'm sure someone here has a trick or two up his/her sleeve.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:29 AM
LemonJPooding
Hookah Nut

try the overpack method if you are wanting alot of flavour and alot of smoke.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:34 AM
opticalshadow
Banned

i find that mixing nak falvors produces more smoke, dunno why just seems taht way.
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:43 AM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

What flavor did you get? If it was one of the less popular flavors, it might be old stock. Usually a touch of vegetable glycerine will bring it back.

Old October 26th, 2009, 02:46 AM
Einherjer
Hookah Nut

Some of the dry ones are pretty good at giving good clouds, Scherezade cinnamon is pretty damn dry, but it gives monsters.

Last edited by Einherjer; October 26th, 2009 at 02:47 AM. Reason: I'm a dumb ass who can't spell worth a damn, sue me.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:45 AM
ToidDealer
Hookah Newbie

Yea Nakhla isn't known for it big clouds its the buzz and flavor people go for with it. As for being dry I found that when I order 50 gram packs of it they seem to be very dry compared to my bro buying 250gram boxs/jars that is nice and juicy. I don't know which size and style packing (3 different types for 250g from Nakhla.) you had but maybe try a different one if you willing to next order.
Old October 26th, 2009, 10:31 AM
kiper7
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to kiper7

Imo nakhla it is very low quality of shisha. Dry, lack of smoke and chemical taste. It is one of the worst brands producing shisha. Only afzal and hennawy is worse than nakhla.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:43 AM
ChronicHookah
Banned

after trial and error you will find out what works for you, i can't even describe what i do anymore as it's so simple but it works well everytime. it could be like uglybiker said, older, dryer batch.
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:45 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiper7 View Post
Imo nakhla it is very low quality of shisha. Dry, lack of smoke and chemical taste. It is one of the worst brands producing shisha. Only afzal and hennawy is worse than nakhla.
chemical? lol

Old October 26th, 2009, 11:49 AM
Shienhausser
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to Shienhausser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
chemical? lol
I know, I refrained from even responding to him.
Old October 26th, 2009, 12:01 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
BLASPHEMY!
Old October 26th, 2009, 02:26 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
your momma lol
Old October 26th, 2009, 04:58 PM
HippieMama
Hookah Nut

Some lines of Nakhla are better at producing dense clouds than others. In my experience Fakfakhina and regular Nakhla don't produce as thick of clouds as Sheherazade and Mizo tops them all, as that is Nak's juiciest line.

I have also found Nakhla smokes best out of wide, shallow Egyptian or Vortex bowl. I don't get as dense clouds when using my small Mya bowl. I use three natural coals and use a wind cover the first five minutes or so. Then I take it off, ash and rotate the coals and then wait until they shrink down before placing the windcover on again. Mizo tends to be more temperamental with heat than the other lines, but my experience has proven that Nakhla is insanely heat tolerant.

I also poke larger holes in the foil for Nakhla than I would Hookah Hookah or AF. I use a toothpick or thumbtack for the foil, whereas I typically use a sewing pin.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:03 PM
intineus
Hookah Newbie

Thanks all for your help and suggestions. Maybe I wasn't doing anything wrong. I noticed a really strong buzz as compared to other washed tobaccos I use (starbuzz) and pretty good flavor...just smaller sized clouds. I grabbed banana because I'd never tried banana tobacco before and there did seem to be a lot of the boxes of banana left, but it seems like it's supposed to be a little dryer than other brands.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:11 PM
MichaelMassacre
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via AIM to MichaelMassacre

Mix flavors... Overpack... & deep holes
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:13 PM
esteban
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Chemical

I just smoked some sweet melon, tasted exactly like a fresh melon.
Old October 26th, 2009, 05:39 PM
fritz1
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Haha are you sure it was Nakhla you were smoking ?
To the OP try changing heat packing I always get thick smoke and full flavor throughout the session
Old October 26th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

Quote:

Dunk's elephant is gonna shit on you. I suggest you wear a plastic bag.

Old October 26th, 2009, 06:48 PM
yeags777
Hookah Pro

there hasn't been a session yet where I haven't had insanely huge smoke and great flavor... everyone is different though.
Old October 26th, 2009, 08:29 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

i dont get huge smoke from most nakhla but i can get good smoke. it did take a while to figure out for me the exact heat management and packing that works for me. also depending on where you got the nakhla it could have sat around for a while and dried out, if you by the shezade line (how ever its spelled) that is more wet and gives more smoke usually.

-matt
Old October 26th, 2009, 11:43 PM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

i always get great smoke out of any of the sherazade flavors.
Old October 27th, 2009, 03:59 AM
chadtizzle
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to chadtizzle

Quote:
i know it's your opinion, but nakhla does not have a chemical taste. i'm not one of the many people here that say stuff like "nakhla is holy, bow down to it. you have chosen the wise path. nakhla is holy, bow down to it and kill babies", but i know that nakhla is a consistent tobacco that tastes the same in every box i get.

i've smoked 2/3rd's of nakhla flavors available in the US right now and all but 2 of them were great. if you only smoked tropicana and mango, then i see why you hate nakhla so much.

if it's "one of the worst brands producing shisha" how come nakhla double apple is the number one selling shisha tobacco in the world?

if you have trouble getting good clouds with nakhla, you need to either practice heat management, or add 1/4tsp of veg. glycerin to your bowl. nakhla isn't like starbuzz whatsoever. nakhla requires a little bit more attention to the bowl. but in the end, the buzz, taste, and clouds of the tobacco are outstanding.
Old October 27th, 2009, 05:59 AM
Theostuart
Hookah Newbie

I just got some nakala orange and it was really dry I used a small Mya bowl and 3 coco coals with a single layer of foil. At first it was good but then it got harsh so I took 1 coal off. My smoking session was ok there was alot of flavor Tasted really good but not big clouds. It was still harsh so next time I think I'm jut gunna use 1 coal and a windcover but my first time with nakala was alright plan to get some more so any suggestion for good flavors please tell.
Old October 27th, 2009, 07:06 AM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theostuart View Post
I just got some nakala orange and it was really dry I used a small Mya bowl and 3 coco coals with a single layer of foil. At first it was good but then it got harsh so I took 1 coal off. My smoking session was ok there was alot of flavor Tasted really good but not big clouds. It was still harsh so next time I think I'm jut gunna use 1 coal and a windcover but my first time with nakala was alright plan to get some more so any suggestion for good flavors please tell.
the mya bowl might be your issues. i cannot get a good session out of it cause it is so deep and not very wide.

-matt
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook