Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

hookah pro vs hookahforum

Hookah Discussion

Closed Thread Share

Old May 24th, 2007, 12:44 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

Send a message via AIM to KoRnKitten Send a message via Yahoo to KoRnKitten
Default hookah pro vs hookahforum

Well it has come to my attention on the other forum that there is some tension between members about this board. I have made a post in the serious discussion forum of the other board to plead that there is no reason the boards can't get along.

why do people always want to start problems?? it just makes me so irritated.

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:06 AM
Zerodynamic
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Zerodynamic
Default Re: hookah pro vs hookahforum

I don't get it either. He's offended cause I have a link to this board in my sig in the other board. Whatever. I'm gonna smoke a nice bowl of Af Esk Apple. Later gators.
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:46 AM
Johnny_D

I think the whole damn argument was pointless. And to create another thread about it that then got locked by Mushrat did not help.

Basically the way it looked to me this morning was that hookahpro members where having a paddy about something on hookahforum.

I was f*cking embrassed to read it to be frank.

JD
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:52 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

f*ck it nevermind

GLaDOS: "You euthanised your faithful companion cube more quickly than any test subject on record. Congratulations!"
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

oh snap! I was having happy hour drinks and then went home and smoked some hookah with some friends! I missed all the drama!?!

This really is NOT a competition to me! Just another community ... something I am passionate about, that I want to share with other people, through my knowledge of web development/design/programming, etc...

I frequent BOTH forums! For knowledge, and fun ... I don't understand why we can't co-exist!?

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:27 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

It sucks I can't even respond on that thread! And I really want to! In a positive way ...

I don't know what the deal is with PerznPerversion, but I never deleted any of his threads!? Looks like his thread got edited by a mod, but that could have been because he was talking about drugs? This edit was done in the Smiley's Asskicker thread .. sorry, but in support of "HOOKAH" I don't want drug talk here, and am proud one of the mods caught that before me!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old May 24th, 2007, 07:31 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I just wanted to say thanks to the supporters of this community ... and although it is not perfect yet ... there are some major things in development ... I do believe when this community is built, we will be proud we all contributed to building it ...

Cheers! and Again, Thanks!

Old May 24th, 2007, 09:47 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

I honestly dont know how deep this all goes......

I will say that I havent been the biggest fan of locked threads over there. Seems that when theres a topic they dont want to have discussed, even within the rules, they lock it at will.

If you are gonna do that stuff.... then at least ammend the rules and let folks know that "uncomfortable"
topics will be locked.

Heres the HF rules.

The rules are in the best intentions of the forum, and I think it won't be a great challenge for anyone here to abide by them. Just to show how much of a loveable nice guy I am, I will explain my thinking after each rule.

1. No discussions of illegal drug activities. The culture of hookah smoking in our generation is meant for tobaccos. In Egypt, whose culture played an important part in the development and nurturing of the machine and rituals have stricter drug laws than we do. A typical fine/penalty for having **** on your person can be an automatic 2 years in jail and 10,000 Pound fine. You will probably make new friends while serving time. Friends you don't want Mom and Dad to know about. This further reinforces the notion that massell is smoked in the machine. The last thing we need are casual surfers to visit us and leave with the impression we are a bunch of *** heads. If you want to slime yourselves, that is fine. Go somewhere else to do it. Just don't slime our past times.
2. Refrain from vulgar language. While we all come from different backgrounds and social settings, our choice of language skills vary. However, we know (or should know) the words and phrases that are offensive. Masked words can be witty and harmless when we are describing an experience. However, vulgarity and masked words can/usually are taken as a threat when directed toward another member/ or members. Sometimes asking a group of people to use good judgment isn't always enough. If a moderator corrects you, don't get an attitude and resist. Just understand. Read the last paragraph on this post.
3. Retailers, wholesellers, and other type of venders will not spam, flame or in any other way harass members on this forum, and will disengage when asked to. Gee, why am I writing this? We have always had a good relationship with some retailers here. We understand the purpose of any business is to create cash-flow. Simple. However, if nothing is being contributed to the forum by these people, other than marketing, you are on the wrong forum. We have always enjoyed some retailers offering samples of a new product to members, offering valuable advise and using this as a place to "get away from it all at night." Don't wear out your welcome here and just leave when asked to do so. If your product is overpriced, or inferior, accept the opinions of the members. This forum is for them, not you MR Retailer.

Hey.... they own the place, its their sandbox. they can do what they want.

Im just not fond of of how heavy handed things have become. For me it makes me shy away from posting....

HF has way too much resentment toward other boards. I know where it comes from.... and I understand it.... but damn...

Old May 24th, 2007, 09:53 AM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Well I just read what pp is complaining about. He was talking drugs. I edit his thread and told him nono or I was going to give him a 23 head chop. 32 hour bann for drug talk. I didn't ban him. I just warned him. He likes to accuse me of what.i really don't know nor do I care to know. I think he is a little pissed about alot of things.I am sure I am to blame. The other forum is Notorious for Pushing Blame on me and Picking on me. Nothing has changed over there. Same Crap Same Place. When I first came there I was ridiculed and picked on. By evryone includeing Mushy. I was banned for 24 hour for no reason at all. I pretty much was treated like a asshole. So in my own Opinion. If they don't like us. Oh well. I am happier here. There is no bullshit or bias opinions being posted by the owners of the Forums friends to boost population.
I really feel that I have been forogtten. I do truly believe that alot of them I hooked up with free products,Advice and Care. Have forgotten what I have done for all of them. So if PP wants to cry. Let him. I really don't care.
Smiley
Old May 24th, 2007, 09:58 AM
Zerodynamic
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via AIM to Zerodynamic

Wow guys. Mushrat kinda pissed me off a little bit when he basically said that this place is a fad and it'll eventually die out. Well, not his words per se, but I know thats what he was impling. PP is one unhappy camper, so what? I just don't get what the big deal is. Sambooka has a link to HP in his sig on the other site, as do I, so that should cause some sort of big uproar?

Like I said on the other board, I feel that this place provides much more meaningful discussion, rather than getting the usual "which shisha to buy" thread or the like, in which we pretty much we repeat what we just said yesterday.
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:06 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Smiley I figured that much, see my reply above ... I am proud a mod caught that ...and not only did you catch it, you caught it before me!

That is one of the biggest rules of the forum, I don't want any drug talk, and I'm glad you were looking out for that, and edited it out so quickly

Cheers!

Old May 24th, 2007, 10:16 AM
Lakemonster
Hookah Enthusiast

wow.. is that really neccessary?
Old May 24th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerodynamic
Wow guys. Mushrat kinda pissed me off a little bit when he basically said that this place is a fad and it'll eventually die out. Well, not his words per se, but I know thats what he was impling.
Yeah, that is the same feeling I got as well ... I am ok with that, it only makes me want to drive harder to build up a great community for people that are as passionate as I am about hookah
... and to create a fun place to learn, chat, and enjoy! "where you are always welcome" ...

I enjoy coming on here, and seeing the community grow, and reading the posts, and making new friends! I hope it continues ... we are off to a good start

Cheers!

Old May 24th, 2007, 10:25 AM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

I pulled my thoguht. Lake your right it is not nessacary (sp) lol
Smiley
Old May 24th, 2007, 01:24 PM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

I wasn't trying ot start stuff over there. I wanted to dispell rumors that this board was started by smiley, (Which smiley is cool and all,but he's a mod, not the owner) just like tangy (who is awesome) is a mod over there

there was a whole bunch of points i was trying ot make, but didn't get a chance, and when i saw that JD was embarrased (nothing towards you man) i figured i screwed up and decided to just delete what i wrote to keep from bringing more trouble

Old May 24th, 2007, 01:53 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

KoRnKitten, I am sure you had the best intentions

... it is hard to debate a point on the Internet, thanks for looking out!

I am really curious to know what you wrote, and then deleted! Sorry I missed out on that, I bet it was good! You always have a well worded point/debate ...

Cheers!

Old May 24th, 2007, 02:04 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Its ok they are all paranoid over there right now. There is still alot of Question they have.That are not being answered by admin. So I am sure that no one can trust anyone over there. Mushy can think what he wants. We are here and were here to stay. Oh if any of you that came over to read these threads. I DO NOT OWN THIS FORUM. sAMBOOKAH WAS NICE ENOUGH TO BUILD IT FOR ALL OF US. GET OVER IT. I am tired of the Childish actions that go on over there. I like here. But I still like to go over there and read maybe I repeat maybe post a Thread. Keep the Hard work up Sammy.
Smiley
Smiley
Old May 24th, 2007, 02:49 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Ohhh I am ... I am working on it a lot!! Toooo much probably!!! My girlfriend throws stuff at me at night, just to get my attention! LOL! ...

I am working on all the new features, designs, etc. and I am not releasing the new version of "Hookah Pro" until I have a good portion finalized ... until then we will just have to utilize what we currently have ... which is not half bad ...IMO... for developing in only a few weeks it is not the prettiest site in the world, but it is definitely functional, and until all the design is complete, isn't that all that really counts? (HP is really only in pre-alpha stage ...)

And for those of you that are "Guests" feel free to join the community! It is free, and the community is building itself rather quickly based on all the people that are joining that share a passion for hookah ...

Cheers!

I truly would just like for both forums to co-exist, my passion is hookah, and sharing my passion with others! That is the drive behind building this community ...

Old May 24th, 2007, 02:51 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I go to both forums, everyday! Contributing whenever I can ...

Old May 25th, 2007, 03:08 AM
KoRnKitten
Moderator Kitteh

sam-

it was a long post that i dont feel like getting back into. I like i said, thought i was hurting the forum and then edited my post because i didnt want any more negative attention brought to the forum. If you feel like knowing the details of what i said, ask me one day in chat, as i'm tired now, and dont want backlashes from the entire hookah community if they were to disagree with my viewpoint.........

damnit..i made a post in the smiley increase post......
and my post immediately got deleted even though everyone ELSE is repeating themselves........wtf.... this is begining to piss me off........

Old May 25th, 2007, 07:11 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten
sam-

it was a long post that i dont feel like getting back into. I like i said, thought i was hurting the forum and then edited my post because i didnt want any more negative attention brought to the forum. If you feel like knowing the details of what i said, ask me one day in chat, as i'm tired now, and dont want backlashes from the entire hookah community if they were to disagree with my viewpoint.........
Understandable, I'll find out from ya one of these days when we get to smoke some hookah together! You're always welcome here, and I respect your well thought out points and debates ... I may not agree with all of them, but certainly respect a well thought out point of view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KoRnKitten
damnit..i made a post in the smiley increase post......
and my post immediately got deleted even though everyone ELSE is repeating themselves........wtf.... this is begining to piss me off........
Yeah, that's a bummer, hopefully you didn't spend hours on your post, perfecting it, that would just add to the frustration.

Old May 25th, 2007, 11:33 AM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

man, im gone for a day and the shit hits the fan! i just read the locked forum on the other site, and i cant believe mushy said that either. i thought hookah smokers were supposed to chill and relax, not get pissed just because another medium for learning popped up. there is still turmoil goin on over there to. some peeps dont even have there accounts back yet, which really sux. anyways, i hope things all calm down and everyone just loads up a bowl and relaxes.
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:44 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

They really don't know what to do over there. So for now I am staying away from there as much as possible. In fact I find myself discussed when I do go over there to read posts. Right now people are really talking shit about me. I haven't responed at all. I really don't care anymore. We will see what happens to them. Like Angemonkwj alot of people have not recieved there info back. Thats sad.
Smiley
Old May 25th, 2007, 04:46 PM
angemonkwj
Hookah Pro

i was reading the topic on how ur prices went up, and theres no straight line of thought at all in there. goes from prices, to attacking people, etc.... kinda sad, but oh well
Old May 25th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Smiley
Hookah Nut

Yea Bro it is crazy what they are typeing and posting. I really don't understand. Oh well. what can we do.
Smiley
Closed Thread Share
Share with your friends on facebook