Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

First KM purchase, what do you guys think?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 16th, 2009, 01:31 PM
Dani
Hookah Newbie

Default First KM purchase, what do you guys think?

Hey everyone,

After owning a couple Myas I decided it was finally time to give KM a try, and settled on this one:

http://www.hookah-shisha.com/p-5366-...on-hookah.html

I didn't want anything colossal, or anything with an ice chamber, so this seemed like a good option. I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with this particular model, or any KM's bought from Hookah-Shisha (I went through them mostly because there were also some Romman flavors I had been wanting to try, I know other vendors have a better KM selection than they do). Also, are there any particular differences between the way one would care for a KM versus the way one would care for a Mya?

I did a forum search and couldn't find anything that specifically addressed H-S KM's, so sorry if this topic has been covered before. Thanks for any and all help, and sorry for a rambling first post.
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:45 PM
Abyss_
Hookah Nut

Default Re: First KM purchase, what do you guys think?

i think it is a nice one, i hope you ll like it
Old November 16th, 2009, 01:57 PM
ataneja
Hookah Newbie

I was in the same boat, got a new KM a few weeks back. Very solid. Check out http://www.**********.com, he has some solid ones too at good prices.
Old November 16th, 2009, 02:01 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Hookah-Shisha is probably the biggest online vendor around so you can't go wrong ordering from them. I think they're the first also but don't take my word for that.

Many of the KMs from Hookah-Shisha are the same as KMs from other vendors just named differently. As for that KM, it's just the standard KM Trimetal. It's not really called anything other than "Trimetal". Likewise the double version of it is just called "Double Trimetal".

Here are some other trimetals from H-S you may want to look into if you haven't already. I added the commonly used names for them if you decide to shop around at other vendors. I highly recommend Hookah Company and Hookah John, who also have the OG Trimetal.

Tall Trimetal aka Basha
Atum aka Pharonie (copper stem tube)
Blue Syrian aka Heart of Lion Trimetal
Black Pyramid - a Pharonie with blackened etched copper section

As for maintenance, warm water and a stem brush will do you well for a long time. The brass and copper on the trimetals will oxidize over time or even quicker if wet for long periods of time. You can purchase some Brasso or Nevr-Dull at your local market/hardware store to shine them back up. The stem tubes are now stainless steel on most trimetals with exception of the Pharonie which has a copper stem tube. If you get a copper stem tube model, always clean the stem tube out with a nylon brush prior to smoking as it will develop verdigo (copper carbonate) which is toxic and not good for you if inhaled. Verdigo is the green stuff that forms on copper and brass. I do not recommend using a brass or steel brush for the stem tube.
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:18 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

I find it funny that in that picture of the KM "black pyramid" the base and stem don't fit together. A common problem that is easily remedied but comical to me none the less that they chose a picture of a product with a problem.

I second the sentiment that a KM from H-S is going to have the same properties as a KM from another site. They sometimes switch out the bases to make the design a little more individual but other than that it's the same rig with a different name.

I have that particular style of double trimetal and it treat me wonderfully. I believe that the KM you purchased will treat you nicely as well. Make sure to wash the stem out as it can have gunk in it from the machining process. Also be aware that the hose is a leather hose and will not be washable. Though it is a great hose with good draw and great aesthetics.
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:25 PM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

personally i like the sobek gold h-s has. no other vendor seems to have it though.
Old November 16th, 2009, 03:52 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
Tall Trimetal aka Basha
actually the tall is the hourglass (or at least that seems to be the concensus) But the El Basha was actually slightly different, a larger, more bulbous top heavy center section... just fyi

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old November 16th, 2009, 04:10 PM
foibled
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackmaven View Post
actually the tall is the hourglass (or at least that seems to be the concensus) But the El Basha was actually slightly different, a larger, more bulbous top heavy center section... just fyi
Basha is the name Hookah Company gave to the trimetals with the hourglass centers. The bulbous egg shaped centers were also referred to as the Heart of Lion Trimetals as the HOLs were known for that shape center piece. The newer ones have thinner egg centers and share stem parts with the Pharonie.

Basha - HC
Tall Trimetal - H-S
Old November 16th, 2009, 10:27 PM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

thats one beautiful hookah man
Old November 17th, 2009, 01:56 AM
Cloud9
Hookah Nut

looks really nice
Old November 17th, 2009, 08:05 AM
Dani
Hookah Newbie

Awesome, thanks everyone for all the advice!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook