Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

HELP noob about to make a shisha order

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old November 26th, 2009, 11:32 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Default HELP noob about to make a shisha order

Hey all,

so I'm gunna start by saying I'm new here. I've been smoking hookah for about a year now but am just recently starting to really get into it. I generally smoke romman or starbuzz cause the shop next to me sells it. I'm just looking for some guidelines I guess. I've looked all over the internet and haven't found quite the info I'm looking for. What I'm looking for:

I read alot about how brands are very personal. But what I'm looking for is why? What are the characteristics of each brand so I can figure ou what suits me. I've figured out that starbuzz and romman are real juicy but that's about it. I like fruity but sometimes mint or cola just taste so good so I'm gunna try and get a well rounded order. So far I've come up with:

nahkla Mizo mint (250g)
al fakher cola, berry, and mixed fruit (250g each)
romman sweet melon, and choco mint (125g each)

I think that covers a good amount of the bases, and should last a while. Any comments? Recommendations? Which is generally a more consistent inexpensive alternative to romman? Nahkla? Al fakher?

First and foremost is the smoke density. I'm pretty sure thats my priority. But I would also like something that is pleasurable to smoke and not just burned. Any information or anything would be awesome. I'm pretty ive checked thouroughly as to make sure this isn't a repost or anything.

Thanks in advance! And let me know if Im missing any key info.

Steve
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:41 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

Default Re: HELP noob about to make a shisha order

Go with Nakhla sweet melon and I would scratch AF mixed fruit, havent heard too much good about it. If you want a good mint, AF all the way.

And as most everyone will tell you on this site, hookah is about flavor and a relaxing session. Smoking for density is kinda meh, flavor is number 1

Last edited by jvminner; November 26th, 2009 at 11:44 PM.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:47 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Personally I have not had good experiences with Al Fakher. I smoke frequently and know how to setup a hookah, but for some reason AF gives me a headache (not a buzz) and scratchy throat every time. I would say I smoke Starbuzz out of convenience as it is typically consistent, which is important to me considering I buy about 1 can a week.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:50 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Thanks for the quick reply! Its totally about that chill factor. At this point in time I just don't know which brand has the better of each flavours. I guess it's just gunna take time to test em out
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:54 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

TRUST ME WHEN I SAY that AF Cola is not something you want to order! Mizo Mint is okay. I haven't tried the other ones.

AF Mint is extremely popular here and elsewhere just to give you a heads up, you may want to order that.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:55 PM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Fumari is worth a look imo. I really like their island papaya and LOVE their mint chocolate chill. It's REALLY juicy and combined with natural coals like coconara, I have gotten some of the best flavorful smoke sessions.
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:56 PM
JiX'
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by linerndunch110 View Post
Hey all,

so I'm gunna start by saying I'm new here. I've been smoking hookah for about a year now but am just recently starting to really get into it. I generally smoke romman or starbuzz cause the shop next to me sells it. I'm just looking for some guidelines I guess. I've looked all over the internet and haven't found quite the info I'm looking for. What I'm looking for:

I read alot about how brands are very personal. But what I'm looking for is why? What are the characteristics of each brand so I can figure ou what suits me. I've figured out that starbuzz and romman are real juicy but that's about it. I like fruity but sometimes mint or cola just taste so good so I'm gunna try and get a well rounded order. So far I've come up with:

nahkla Mizo mint (250g)
al fakher cola, berry, and mixed fruit (250g each)
romman sweet melon, and choco mint (125g each)

I think that covers a good amount of the bases, and should last a while. Any comments? Recommendations? Which is generally a more consistent inexpensive alternative to romman? Nahkla? Al fakher?

First and foremost is the smoke density. I'm pretty sure thats my priority. But I would also like something that is pleasurable to smoke and not just burned. Any information or anything would be awesome. I'm pretty ive checked thouroughly as to make sure this isn't a repost or anything.

Thanks in advance! And let me know if Im missing any key info.

Steve
welcome to hp i know what u mean about local stores not carrying alot of variety. my main advice would be to buy 50g boxes to start if your gunna try a new flavor/brand your unsure on. (part because you don't wanna pay more, and secondly you won't wanna finish the box ). and nakhla isn't weak stuff even the mizo carries more of a punch then the romman and sb you've been smoking before so be prepared haha.

everyone has there own preferrence on how washed, flavor, and nicotine content they prefer in there shisha. your goal is finding what fits you. u never "burn" shisha either. its more of a "baking" process.

smoking hookah shouldn't be about how big or how cool you can make your clouds look either. its about smoking for the flavor and feel. plus your sb should give you some of the thickest clouds your gunna find out of a shisha. smoke density comes more from how you prepare your hookah and your heat management
Old November 26th, 2009, 11:59 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Ok awesome. Scratch the cola and the miza mint for the af. Ill defenitly check out the fumari. The girlfriend has an infatuation with mint chocolate chip so I might grab one of those. Also who has the best black Friday sales so far?
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:02 AM
jakejacobson
Vendor

Quote:
Ok awesome. Scratch the cola and the miza mint for the af. Ill defenitly check out the fumari. The girlfriend has an infatuation with mint chocolate chip so I might grab one of those. Also who has the best black Friday sales so far?
I've got my order ready at hookahstore.com 30% off. You will NOT be disappointed with the mint chocolate chill.
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:06 AM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

I'm not having smoke problems or anything, I've just heard that some shisha doesn't produce any. I think a dimmly lit smoky room is the ideal "relax" setting. So that why I say That it's a priority. It gives me the vibe for the session. I've been in sessions where the smoke has been kinda lacking and the vibe just didn't do it for me.

I've heard about the nahkla punch and am prepared ha. Thanks for the all the info guys!
Old November 27th, 2009, 12:42 AM
JiX'
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
I'm not having smoke problems or anything, I've just heard that some shisha doesn't produce any. I think a dimmly lit smoky room is the ideal "relax" setting. So that why I say That it's a priority. It gives me the vibe for the session. I've been in sessions where the smoke has been kinda lacking and the vibe just didn't do it for me.

I've heard about the nahkla punch and am prepared ha. Thanks for the all the info guys!
i know what u mean. i have black lights, chill music, and some shisha. makes my sessions super relaxing and perfect imo. for better smoke outta your shisha.

to get better smoke outta your bowls u can try to get your bowl a little hotter but don't burn the shisha/make the flavors too harsh with too much heat. sometimes juggling a windcover, adding more bowl ventilation, or adding a coal can make all the difference. u can also add ice to the base to chill the base (watch your water lvl's though don't want them too high or too low. ruins smoke or your throat). also allow your shisha some time to warm up b4 you start hitting the hookah.

no probs man. take a look at the reviews section of this forum as well. theres a ton of info from these guys if u check it out you can get a feel for the flavors that r pretty popular.
Old November 27th, 2009, 03:20 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

So I placed my order and it's as follows:

romman ivory coast
nahkla sweet melon and chocomint
fumari mint chocolate chill
af orange, grape, and mint

the ivory coast is supposed to be delicious I hear. The orange, grape and mint seem to be pretty popular af flavors so I went with those. The only one I'm kinda skeptic on in the nahkla chocomint but I guess I'll find out.

Hopefully this'll broaden my horizons a bit. I'm not the kind of person that stays with one thing to long so this should keep me occupied a bit.

To jix: thanks for the array of info! I'm pretty good about my heat management and I always put ice in the base. I'm not an expert when it comes to hookah but I'm not a complete noob ha. I'm more indecisive that anything I think. And I really enjoy talking about different aspects of hookah cause no one I know is as into it as I am :/ thanks again!

A+ forum you guys got here! Diggin it so far.

Cheers,
steve
Old November 27th, 2009, 06:35 PM
jvminner
Hookah Nut

Be careful of the AF grape that has been a hit and miss for years. If it's a new batch you should be fine but a year or so old and you may have a batch of ketchup on the way.
Old November 27th, 2009, 07:01 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Yea I heard about that one. That was my gamble ha. Keeping my fingers crossed!
Old November 27th, 2009, 07:05 PM
confuciusFinn
Hookah Newbie

Location: Cincinnati, OH, in the summer, Springfield, OH, during the school term

I don't want to sound like an AF fanboy, but they do have the most solid selection of shisha out there--and nothing beats there golden line flavors, the sour apple is to die for.
On top of the great flavor for grape/mint, watermelon, double apple, apple, lemon/mint and bout half a dozen other flavors on hookah-shisha.com you can get three 250g jars plus 108 CN coals for only forty-five dollars. You can't beat that.
Also with tangiers and nahkla is harder to pack the bowl and you need some practice to really bring out the flavor.
Next time your bout to order shisha, check out the AF+CN deal on hookah-shisha, best on the web.
Old November 27th, 2009, 08:03 PM
linerndunch110
Hookah Master

Yea I ordered the three pack 50g romman with the coals a bit ago. If I dig the af, I'll prob do that one next so I can restock on the coals. Hookah shisha also has a bnch of promo codes that work out pretty well for me. Ups ground ended up being 10 dollars on that order, so I used the free shipping one and definetly came out better there.

I also grabbed the sour apple instead of the grape so that's prob on the list for the next order
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook