Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Question from Germany

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 6th, 2009, 07:12 AM
Kret
Hookah Newbie

Default Question from Germany

Hello!

I signed up here because we have a hard discussion atm.

I'm from Germany and registered in the shisha-forum.de maybe you know it.

So our discussion deals with Nakhla and other tobaccos.

In Germany it's like that: Nakhla is the worst tobacco or shisha like you say and starbuzz + fantasia are best.

We are very jealous, because you can buy Starbuzz and Fantasia so cheap. We have to import them, and have to pay the price + duty and shipping.

Regular price in Germany is about 50$ for 250g Starbuzz...

We just can't understand why you love Nakhla so much when you can buy Starbuzz and Fantasia so cheap.

I hope you can help us in our discussion

It's really strange that Nakhla is best in USA but worst in Germany...

regards, Kret
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:36 AM
timelosthookah
Hookah Pro

Location: According to Urbandictionary,"a struggling town on the outskirts of Youngstown"OHIO
Send a message via AIM to timelosthookah
Default Re: Question from Germany

its just what your use too, or have the taste for. here Nakhla is cheeper than Starbuzz also its just what some people prefer. I cant personally choose sides her because i have never had nakhla
Old December 6th, 2009, 07:39 AM
PCServe
Hookah Aficionado

Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

I cant answer your question, but wanted to say hello and welcome you to hookahpro
guess you know me from the sf nice to see you here
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:06 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Most of the people on here prefer nakhla because it has a more natural taste, whereas SB and Fantasia are more candy like tasting and dripping in glycerin
Old December 6th, 2009, 08:51 AM
dreadscought
Hookah Nut

I'm in Canada and all that's available to us is Nakhla.It was all I smoked for about 4 years. All of a sudden Al Fakher is available for 40 bucks for 250gm. as compared to 25 for Nakhla. I tried it and that was it. No more Nakhla for me.
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:24 AM
blazingking
Hookah Nut

welcome i feel nakhla is better as it makes me feel more relaxed and starbuzz flavours arent that nice
Old December 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
MrBungle
AFNSBFLAVOUR

nakhla is more natural in composition and taste. starbuzz and fantasia taste a bit too chemically, artificial, and candy-like. but if you like that, smoke it.

Old December 6th, 2009, 11:28 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

I am from South Africa and here we have Al Waha Afzal and Nakhla and of the three the best is Nakhla it is consistent with its flavor and quality.
Old December 6th, 2009, 01:24 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

Don't feel bad. Some of us here are wondering who the hell would pay fifty bucks for a can of Starbuzz.
And how can we get in on that racket.

Old December 6th, 2009, 01:38 PM
DaSebsch
Hookah Aficionado

Nakhla is the only tobacco that is consitent in flavour. The strawberry tastes like strawberry, peach like peach, etc.
Brands like Al Waha or Al Fakher aren't like that, they don't always taste like what they promise.
Old December 6th, 2009, 02:32 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kret View Post
Hello!

I signed up here because we have a hard discussion atm.

I'm from Germany and registered in the shisha-forum.de maybe you know it.

So our discussion deals with Nakhla and other tobaccos.

In Germany it's like that: Nakhla is the worst tobacco or shisha like you say and starbuzz + fantasia are best.

We are very jealous, because you can buy Starbuzz and Fantasia so cheap. We have to import them, and have to pay the price + duty and shipping.

Regular price in Germany is about 50$ for 250g Starbuzz...

We just can't understand why you love Nakhla so much when you can buy Starbuzz and Fantasia so cheap.

I hope you can help us in our discussion

It's really strange that Nakhla is best in USA but worst in Germany...

regards, Kret
When I lived in the U.S. I really loved the lower costs ( no VAT, lower income taxes, lower property taxes. lower excise taxes etc) and I definitely miss all that. I also like how in the states you have a better selection of moassel then Europa does.

Germany is a little odd in that moisture content for moassels is so low that you end up getting a product that is very different then what the rest of the world is used to which I think likely influences how the various brands are seen.

As to Star Buzz/Fantasia I can't resist from saying I hate them and find most American/Gulf style moassels insipid. I feel ripped off when I buy moassel that is 75% glycerine and the tobacco has been boiled and washed to such an extent that it literally has no flavour at all. If I liked the taste of those sorts of products you could just wring out the tobacco and throw the liquid in a vaporizer and it would last a lot longer and you wouldn't need coals.

What is worse then spending real money for a bag of glycerin with a bit of boiled, flavourless tobacco tossed in isthe flavours. Everything that Star Buzz/Fantasia makes tastes like food science experiment gone wrong that they tried to cover up with mountains of sugar. It's all fake, insipid and so far removed from what moassel should be that the stuff offends me. Frankly the only thing good to say about Star Buzz/Fantasia is that it's not King Moassel.

As to Nakhla I admit it's not my favorite brand. Still, it's far more realistic tasting and when you buy it you actually get a pack that is 75% or so tobacco. With Nakhla you know that what ever you buy will taste like what it's supposed to rather then cheap candy or some weird batch of chemicals.

Still, Germany has a lot more then just Nakhla. You can get Serbetli with no problem which is far better then 90% of what you can buy the states and you have Oriental which is a really good brand as well.

Last edited by Hajo Flettner; December 6th, 2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM
nakkisormi
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post

Germany is a little odd in that moisture content for moassels is so low that you end up getting a product that is very different then what the rest of the world is used to which I think likely influences how the various brands are seen.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that the molasses/tobacco imported to germany (and many other EU countries) are dried up on purpose because of EU regulations?
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:27 PM
unexist
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakkisormi View Post
Correct me if i'm wrong, but i think that the molasses/tobacco imported to germany (and many other EU countries) are dried up on purpose because of EU regulations?
Do mean imported stuff like Starbuzz? Thatīs just like in the US.
Tobacco, produced here in germany may only have a maximum of 5% of glycerine.

As far as I know, germany is the only country with such a law.

Last edited by unexist; December 6th, 2009 at 03:32 PM.
Old December 6th, 2009, 03:45 PM
nakkisormi
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by unexist View Post
Do mean imported stuff like Starbuzz? Thatīs just like in the US.
Tobacco, produced here in germany may only have a maximum of 5% of glycerine.

As far as I know, germany is the only country with such a law.
Oh yeah, that's how it went. I think it was so that all the tobacco molasses producted in the EU have that glycerine limit, but imported tobacco is what it is.
Old December 6th, 2009, 04:11 PM
unexist
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nakkisormi View Post
Oh yeah, that's how it went. I think it was so that all the tobacco molasses producted in the EU have that glycerine limit, but imported tobacco is what it is.
Not in the whole EU. In Italy, France or the UK and other countries thereīs no law like in germany.

I mean, we can wet the tobacco by ourselves with glycerine, thatīs not the problem. But the tobacco wonīt have the same quality in my opinion.

The biggest problem are the taxes. We have to pay about 150% of taxes additional the general price of tobacco + shipping costs (round about $30)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook