Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Mini Funnel!!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:31 AM
chsknight's Avatar
chsknight
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona ca
Posts: 277
Default Mini Funnel!!

Okay so i just got my mini funnel tonight and its so fun size...this is perfect for those 1 to 2 person smoke sessions, or if your like me and like to switch flavors alot!!!

So im gonna be trying out this bowl tomorrow in which ill post pics and review!!

Im so excited yay!!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old December 13th, 2009, 09:37 AM
Luv2Smoke's Avatar
Luv2Smoke
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: England
Posts: 609
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsknight View Post
Okay so i just got my mini funnel tonight and its so fun size...this is perfect for those 1 to 2 person smoke sessions, or if your like me and like to switch flavors alot!!!

So im gonna be trying out this bowl tomorrow in which ill post pics and review!!

Im so excited yay!!
Where did you get it from?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old December 13th, 2009, 10:04 AM
twinturboa51
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: new england
Posts: 58
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

i want one!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old December 13th, 2009, 04:12 PM
chsknight's Avatar
chsknight
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona ca
Posts: 277
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

haha i dont know if i can say or not, but let me tell you this bowl is where its at!!
its diameter is lles then 2 inches to give you an idea
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old December 13th, 2009, 04:15 PM
thefaded's Avatar
thefaded
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 810
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsknight View Post
haha i dont know if i can say or not, but let me tell you this bowl is where its at!!
its diameter is lles then 2 inches to give you an idea
You could always pm.. and if you do I want to be included! :P
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old December 13th, 2009, 04:39 PM
FusionX's Avatar
FusionX
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,341
Send a message via AIM to FusionX
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

count me in too
__________________
Favorite Tobacco:
Tangiers - Pear, Orange Soda
Nakhla - Double Apple
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
MrBungle's Avatar
MrBungle
Status: Offline
AFNSBFLAVOUR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,410
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

they're not actually from the run of mini funnels made, theyre smaller smalls. but they will get the job done regardless. PM the vendor to those who want because they're banned here.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:07 PM
NazUk's Avatar
NazUk
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Manchester
Posts: 180
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

PM me 2 plz
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:08 PM
omgheyitskenny's Avatar
omgheyitskenny
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 455
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

I have 2x true minis from the first batch I'm willing to sell one if anybody is interested


Perfect for a session by yourself or with a friend =]
__________________
There are too many Nakhla DA fans =/
Wheres my Nakhla Esk apple fans...
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old December 13th, 2009, 05:17 PM
thefaded's Avatar
thefaded
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 810
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

what's your price?
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:09 PM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

For the record, the smallest Tangiers mini phunnel that was made so far is ~2-1/4" OD and came from the most recent batch. There were several from that batch that were ~2-3/8" also. Previous batches did not come out that small, ~2-1/2" being the smallest while 2-5/8" being the average.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:12 PM
chsknight's Avatar
chsknight
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona ca
Posts: 277
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

damn!! alot of drama around here about these...well i know mine is legit because i got mine from eric himself at his own lounge

Last edited by chsknight; December 13th, 2009 at 06:15 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:15 PM
FusionX's Avatar
FusionX
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Central Jersey
Posts: 1,341
Send a message via AIM to FusionX
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

i don't see why if this is so popular in demand, why eric doesn't just put them into production.
__________________
Favorite Tobacco:
Tangiers - Pear, Orange Soda
Nakhla - Double Apple
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:17 PM
chsknight's Avatar
chsknight
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Corona ca
Posts: 277
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

umm...i know he has an actual reason for it
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:18 PM
MrBungle's Avatar
MrBungle
Status: Offline
AFNSBFLAVOUR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,410
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

he says they don't smoke as well, which has proven to be bullshit IMO because I get perfect tasting sessions from my mini, same as my small and medium. smaller bowl = less product sold. simple as that.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:21 PM
thefaded's Avatar
thefaded
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Tempe, AZ
Posts: 810
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

I want a mini.. guess I'll just have to go to odessy sometime.. I'm sure I'll be in SD at some point in the next year or so.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:22 PM
MAD_HATTER's Avatar
MAD_HATTER
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: SoCal- Long Beach
Posts: 5,342
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

he just wants ppl to use more of his tobacco
__________________
With those happy thoughts, in my head, I'm feeling like I'm peter pan... Minus the tights and the fairies....
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:42 PM
LoQuik's Avatar
LoQuik
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Washington
Posts: 657
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgheyitskenny View Post
I have 2x true minis from the first batch I'm willing to sell one if anybody is interested


Perfect for a session by yourself or with a friend =]
If you wanna sell it, PM me
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:44 PM
Dunkel's Avatar
Dunkel
Status: Offline
Bad Motherf^&*er!

 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: West by God Virginia
Posts: 10,708
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
he just wants ppl to use more of his tobacco
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
smaller bowl = less product sold. simple as that.
These men speak the truth! LOL
__________________
Tangiers =
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:52 PM
patelbadboy2006's Avatar
patelbadboy2006
Status: Offline
Hookah Master
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: London, UK
Posts: 3,893
Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

If anyone wants a really small phunnel, get the green blue black one john has, i have one and its way smaller then my other smalls, other smalls hold about 20-25grams whereas this is close to 15
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old December 13th, 2009, 06:52 PM
omgheyitskenny's Avatar
omgheyitskenny
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Gilbert, AZ
Posts: 455
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

well I haven't measured mine but this is the size of my mini review done by my friend Ryan (annual)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vtmMVjmPtJI

We picked up 5 of them at oddessy (Tangiers) 7 months back ish
__________________
There are too many Nakhla DA fans =/
Wheres my Nakhla Esk apple fans...
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old December 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
jakejacobson
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 585
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

That was a good review. I especially like the wall of hookahs in the background!
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old December 13th, 2009, 11:14 PM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FusionX View Post
i don't see why if this is so popular in demand, why eric doesn't just put them into production.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
he says they don't smoke as well, which has proven to be bullshit IMO because I get perfect tasting sessions from my mini, same as my small and medium. smaller bowl = less product sold. simple as that.
It's not proven to be bullshit when many regular phunnel smokers can and will say from experience that larger phunnel bowls smoke better than the smaller ones, including myself (I own quite a few minis and smalls that are smaller than some minis so I'm not biased against them). They do not perform up to Eric's standards and he does not want to support them because of that. He gets enough grief from the regular line of phunnels and his tobacco already. There's also the issue of much more inconsistencies out of mini phunnel productions vs the larger sizes. Of all the batches that were done, only the most recent actually had some that came out close to the intended size. That's also not to say that if he can get them performing well he won't put them out anyhow. One of the reasons there were more mini production runs in smaller quantities that weren't known was to try and improve them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAD_HATTER View Post
he just wants ppl to use more of his tobacco
Have you ever just talked to him about it? He's someone who will tell you what he really thinks (unless he's just fucking around with you ), even if they are negative towards his own products. He's been one of the first to tell people that they can reuse his tobacco and how to do so with good results because he does it himself. Eric never said Tangiers has to be smoked out of a phunnel or any other large bowl and it was cut the way it is specifically to smoke better out of an Egyptian bowl. That doesn't mean he won't give you his own opinions on why he chooses to use phunnels now, one of the biggest ones being it increases longevity of the tobacco.

None of his reasoning behind it center around wanting to force people to use more of his product so he can make more money. Eric hasn't had the ability to meet the demand for both his tobacco and phunnels for a long time now and he has not been raising prices to increase his profits. If he has limited production capabilities and a demand for his regular products that exceeds those capabilites, why would he choose to make what he has determined to be the worst of the models when his primary concern and motivator is to make the best product he can? That's not to say he doesn't take into account what his customers want. F-line production stopped so Lucid can be made in greater quantities because that's what people wanted more. Just know that he has been looking into doing many things that he's been asked about once he has the abilities to do so but for now he simply can't support it.

You can take this long post however you want but it's simply to address misconceptions people have about his intentions. He is a hookah smoker and enthusiast that got into the business of making what he does because he personally wanted something better than what was available on the market. Somehow he gets made out to be some manufacturer that's out to make as much money as he can, which if you've met him it's easy to see is not the case. People close to him and who do business with him do tell him he could be making more money and be growing faster if he makes some sacrifices but he's stubborn about his way of doing things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefaded View Post
I want a mini.. guess I'll just have to go to odessy sometime.. I'm sure I'll be in SD at some point in the next year or so.
Just keep in mind that minis are not a regular production item and aren't always for sale. A lot can change in a year though, and he might even be in a different location by then (not too far from his current location). If you can, I would suggest getting somebody local to check it out for you ahead of time to avoid going down there and finding out there aren't any for sale. Shoot me a PM if you want to talk about it more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by patelbadboy2006 View Post
If anyone wants a really small phunnel, get the green blue black one john has, i have one and its way smaller then my other smalls, other smalls hold about 20-25grams whereas this is close to 15
Unfortunately the glazing doesn't determine if they tend to be smaller or not. Sizes of the bowl varies because shrinkage varies in high fire clays so the only way to really pick out a smaller one is to see them. If you have to order them, your best bet would be to buy from a vendor like John as you mentioned because they will try their best to pick out one to your liking, if you ask them nicely of course.
Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old December 13th, 2009, 11:37 PM
MrBungle's Avatar
MrBungle
Status: Offline
AFNSBFLAVOUR
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Long Island, NY
Posts: 5,410
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by foibled View Post
It's not proven to be bullshit when many regular phunnel smokers can and will say from experience that larger phunnel bowls smoke better than the smaller ones, including myself (I own quite a few minis and smalls that are smaller than some minis so I'm not biased against them). They do not perform up to Eric's standards and he does not want to support them because of that. He gets enough grief from the regular line of phunnels and his tobacco already. There's also the issue of much more inconsistencies out of mini phunnel productions vs the larger sizes. Of all the batches that were done, only the most recent actually had some that came out close to the intended size. That's also not to say that if he can get them performing well he won't put them out anyhow. One of the reasons there were more mini production runs in smaller quantities that weren't known was to try and improve them.
notice I said IMO, In My Opinion. I've been smoking Tangiers for over a year, mainly out of a small funnel, and occasionally a medium. I noticed no difference between the two. I sense no lack in flavor or smoke between all three bowls. Maybe i'm a hookah god? I dunno...
Let's think about this. What could cause a smaller bowl to not perform as well as a larger one? Only thing I can think of is less surface area exposed to the coals. How this could make it smoke much differently I have no idea.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old December 14th, 2009, 12:19 AM
foibled
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: OC
Posts: 541
Default Re: Mini Funnel!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
notice I said IMO, In My Opinion. I've been smoking Tangiers for over a year, mainly out of a small funnel, and occasionally a medium. I noticed no difference between the two. I sense no lack in flavor or smoke between all three bowls. Maybe i'm a hookah god? I dunno...
Let's think about this. What could cause a smaller bowl to not perform as well as a larger one? Only thing I can think of is less surface area exposed to the coals. How this could make it smoke much differently I have no idea.
I did notice the IMO which is why I responded that there are people who do notice the differences, although if something can be proven based on your opinion then maybe you really are a hookah god.

FWIW, I use my system of small phunnels on a daily basis pretty much. I can tell the difference between the four sizes and even between my larger smalls vs smaller smalls.

A phunnel has to vaporize enough tobacco at a fast enough rate to continue producing good smoke. Surface area and depth of the bowl affect this. Depth also affects longevity and the different bowls are actually designed with different depths to balance the relationship between tobacco life & smoke. Reducing the surface area and amount of tobacco in the bowl changes how much and how fast smoke can be produced consistently. Larger bowls can produce smoother smoke for longer periods of time and for less heat relative to the amount of tobacco due to less wastage/losses. If, for example, a larger phunnel held the same amount of tobacco as two smaller phunnels, that larger phunnel could smoke that amount of tobacco longer than those two smaller phunnels and use less coals in doing so, assuming of course proper heat management and such. Whether or not that is actually preferred, convenient, or even feasable is up to the user.

Egyptians bowls are affected to some degree by the same factors but the effects aren't as dramatic because the smoke is drawn through the tobacco.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Small Chinese Funnel Bowl or Tangiers Small Funnel Bowl Aribomb Hookah Discussion 11 September 28th, 2009 12:29 PM
funnel?...who needs 'em! abu ronin Hookah Discussion 14 October 4th, 2008 07:09 PM
Smallest funnel? Kwikwi Hookah Discussion 37 July 7th, 2008 09:34 AM
funnel Mukle Hookah Discussion 8 February 12th, 2008 01:18 PM
funnel mod or no mod hookah_connoisseur Hookah Discussion 3 January 19th, 2008 04:27 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:41 PM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.