Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Help please! Good smoke, no flavor

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old December 15th, 2009, 07:13 PM
theonlyseiryn
Hookah Newbie

Default Help please! Good smoke, no flavor

Hey everybody,
I recently bought a Temsah World Cup with a narbish hose from John. Absolutely fantastic vendor! The first time I smoked my starbuzz blue mist last week thursday, I was using some of his CH ql's and the flavor and smoke were awesome. I managed to smoke all of the sample coals he gave me in that single day. Since I ran out, I switched back to my Three Kings quick lights and now there is next to zero flavor from my starbuzz. If anything, it actually tastes a lot like gum that had it's flavor chewed out.. I've tried adjusting my heat management. I found that one coal makes for fairly weak smoke and no flavor and that two coals on opposite edges makes for better smoke but still crappy flavor. I rotate the coals and make sure not to burn any shisha but I still can't get the flavor back from my starbuzz like the first day I smoked it. I've heard great things about both Brands of coals so now I'm wondering if maybe my box of three kings has gone bad or something. I'm down to the last two rolls and would like to use them up before getting more CH coals. Do you guys think that good smoke and no flavor is a problem with the three kings I'm using or something else? Really appreciate any input you guys can give!
Old December 15th, 2009, 07:16 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Help please! Good smoke, no flavor

QLs do tend to affect the flavor, but they shouldn't make it leave. I have a roll of 3 kings that I've used a couple times for smoking away from home. They made the smoke taste bad (or at least not as good as it tastes with cocos), but they didn't remove it alltogether. When you were using the CH coals, did you use 2 or 3? If you used 3, maybe breaking up the 2 3 kings coals and putting the pieces in more places around your bowl could help.
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:20 PM
daddyhugen
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefaded View Post
QLs do tend to affect the flavor, but they shouldn't make it leave. I have a roll of 3 kings that I've used a couple times for smoking away from home. They made the smoke taste bad (or at least not as good as it tastes with cocos), but they didn't remove it alltogether. When you were using the CH coals, did you use 2 or 3? If you used 3, maybe breaking up the 2 3 kings coals and putting the pieces in more places around your bowl could help.
agreed with faded, but i had that problem too, i found out that QL's of any kind suck on my 22 inch Chinese hookah, but naturals turned out to be the best for it, and on my KM naturals are also the best, like what kind of bowl are you using, i usually use 3 exotica coals and they seem to work awesome

Last edited by daddyhugen; December 15th, 2009 at 10:23 PM.
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:30 PM
swaflyer1
Hookah Nut

+1 for naturals, but +1 for CH QL's too
Old December 15th, 2009, 10:54 PM
BigE
Hookah Guru

Send a message via Skype™ to BigE

One thing you could check. Like with any flavored tobacco,the flavor tends to settle on the bottom of the container.I store all my tobacco in mason jars which allow you to see the separation.When you see this,you simply scrape all the contents into a plastic mixing bowl and stir till uniform.
Old December 16th, 2009, 03:54 AM
theonlyseiryn
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the great suggestions guys! I took your advice, shaded and used two king's coals but I broke one of them in half and placed them around the bowl. It worked great! The flavor came back but it still had a slightly off taste. I guess CH coals just work better for me than Three Kings ever will. I ordered a box of John's natural coals and I'm looking forward to getting them. I appreciate all the help everyone. Now I can get some pretty good sessions with the the three kings to hold me over till I get my order in!
Old December 16th, 2009, 12:06 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

John's natural coals are very good, you can't go wrong with them.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook