Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Hookah Kings Egyptians?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 13th, 2008, 04:08 PM
chunkymonkey916
Hookah Newbie

Default Hookah Kings Egyptians?

Has anyone ordered a Large Egyptian hookah from hookahkings? by the pictures they looks well "built" and sturdy. I know some Egyptians look good on the web then you get them and the welds and other parts are pretty bad. Thats what happened to mine. Ordered a 21" Egyptian from hookahcompany and i was not satisfied by the welds and what not. Looking at either buying a large(30'' and up) syrian or egyptian.
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:02 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Default Re: Hookah Kings Egyptians?

i would definitely stay with Egyptians with good names to back them up. Magdy Zidan and Khalil Mamoun just for starters.
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:22 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

never tried and never will try to order from them for personal reasons. as zensilk said go with a mz or km from pyh or hc. if you want a syrian jimmy will give you a good deal on those as his are top notch but i think hc also sells them but im not positive on this.
Old January 13th, 2008, 05:28 PM
cashmere868
Hookah Nut

i think SamB has a km, and really rates it.
Old January 13th, 2008, 11:19 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkymonkey916
Has anyone ordered a Large Egyptian hookah from hookahkings? by the pictures they looks well "built" and sturdy. I know some Egyptians look good on the web then you get them and the welds and other parts are pretty bad. Thats what happened to mine. Ordered a 21" Egyptian from hookahcompany and i was not satisfied by the welds and what not. Looking at either buying a large(30'' and up) syrian or egyptian.
To avoid this, buy a machine made hookah such as Mya or Syrian. Hand made hookahs just leave more room for "man made" errors. If you're planning on buying a Mya though, I suggest you spend north of $120. If you spend anything below that, you won't be getting their best offering.
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:43 AM
chunkymonkey916
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk
i would definitely stay with Egyptians with good names to back them up. Magdy Zidan and Khalil Mamoun just for starters.
k. yeah ive seen some the Km's around i random hookah sites. What are some sites that have both of those with good prices?
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:49 AM
chunkymonkey916
Hookah Newbie

here are some im looking into getting
http://hookahkings.com/Large-Hookah-...3-p-19557.html
http://www.hookahshisha.com/item--X-...-SYRIAN13.html

just dunno if i want to go with a syrian or egyptian. what are some good brands to look for, for bth of them?
Old January 14th, 2008, 03:32 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

Quote:
Quote:
k. yeah ive seen some the Km's around i random hookah sites. What are some sites that have both of those with good prices?
was listed on my earlier post
Old January 14th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Yes, I have a KM Amer, and it leans (because of the custom handmade quality) but dang, it is awesome, I wouldn't trade it. I hope to keep this hookah forever! I don't ever plan on selling it or trading it or anything! Just using it to provide me with that quality smoke I am looking for

Here is my KM Amer and the thread that everybody helped me to name her ... Eileen!

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/index.php?topic=968.0

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 14th, 2008, 10:14 AM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

www.pimpyourhookah.com sells MZ and KM's I have a KM Amer and love it! Wouldnt trade it for anything in the world.

Billy
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:14 AM
cashmere868
Hookah Nut

i find that a lot of people who HAVE KM's love them, but people that dont, seems to have a negative view of them. why is this ?
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:20 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

hookah envy?

my next hookah will be either a KM, MZ or the larger AF hookah... choices, choices....
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:22 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmere868
i find that a lot of people who HAVE KM's love them, but people that dont, seems to have a negative view of them. why is this ?
No idea!? But I believe it is something you judge for yourself. At first I was disappointed mine had a slight lean, but now I see the character of it, and the handmade craftsmanship, plus I LOVE the name she has been given "Eileen" hahaha fits her perfectly, and she doesn't lean that much. Always provides me with a good smoke.

I am STILL kicking myself for selling my KM Hafa Lesson learned, and I will most likely NEVER sell my KM Amer. Even if I stop smoking hookah I would still hang onto that piece of art!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:23 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammniamii
hookah envy?

my next hookah will be either a KM, MZ or the larger AF hookah... choices, choices....
ALL great choices sammn!

Old January 14th, 2008, 11:38 AM
cashmere868
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by cashmere868
No idea!? But I believe it is something you judge for yourself. At first I was disappointed mine had a slight lean, but now I see the character of it, and the handmade craftsmanship, plus I LOVE the name she has been given "Eileen" hahaha fits her perfectly, and she doesn't lean that much. Always provides me with a good smoke.

I am STILL kicking myself for selling my KM Hafa Lesson learned, and I will most likely NEVER sell my KM Amer. Even if I stop smoking hookah I would still hang onto that piece of art!

i suppose its a kind of, 'dont knock it till u've tried it situation', and that the ones who dont 'knock it' get one, and really love them!!
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:44 PM
chunkymonkey916
Hookah Newbie

man does pyh have awesome prices. I was looking at either the [font=Verdana]MZ Large Pharoah[/font] or the KM- On the rocks but it doesnt give the height of it. Anyone know how tall they are?
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:46 PM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

I am not sure how tall they are ... but both of those choices are definitely worth it chunkymonkey!

Old January 14th, 2008, 01:50 PM
cashmere868
Hookah Nut

yer, they are both beauties chunkymonkey!! especially the khalil maamoon
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:05 PM
chunkymonkey916
Hookah Newbie

yeah right now im leaning towards the KM. just wish i knew the height of it
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:17 PM
Huskysibe
Hookah Master

32" on the KM I do believe.

Billy
Old January 14th, 2008, 02:21 PM
cashmere868
Hookah Nut

i think billy is right. but if u want to be extraspecially sure, you can speak to one of the vendors on this site, and they may be able to tell you for sure
Old January 14th, 2008, 04:38 PM
smoke-all-day
Hookah Pro

http://hookahkings.com/Small-Hookah-...8-p-19542.html

i ordered this when they had it in red for my g/f as a gift, and the stem was nowhere near as intricate as the one pictured. it is a solid ass hookah though, the hose port and purge valve were soldered where they go into the heart, and there arent many "hand made" looking marks on it.

i dont like these people either though, they messed up that order and wouldnt reply to calls or emails about it.
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:09 PM
speel
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to speel

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
Quote:
To avoid this, buy a machine made hookah such as Mya or Syrian. Hand made hookahs just leave more room for "man made" errors. If you're planning on buying a Mya though, I suggest you spend north of $120. If you spend anything below that, you won't be getting their best offering.
I beg to differ, the mya qt has been one of the greatest hookahs to ever hit the market. 50$
Old January 14th, 2008, 06:12 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
Quote:
I beg to differ, the mya qt has been one of the greatest hookahs to ever hit the market. 50$
Yes, i do too. The Mya quality is based solely on the stems. And all their stems are worth the buy. I have an Acrylic and the stem is fantastic.
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:46 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by speel
Quote:
Yes, i do too. The Mya quality is based solely on the stems. And all their stems are worth the buy. I have an Acrylic and the stem is fantastic.
I don't disagree, but you should tell that to the rest of the members on this forum... Seems like any time I even mention the word Mya, most members talk crap and say things like "mya's are unreliable", "they're garbage", "chinese junk"... I just figured since these memebers have had bad experiences when purchasing their cheapest offering, it's no wonder why. From what I've noticed, most people that bash Mya's had a bad experience with either a QT or another small/cheap Mya offering. Hence the reason why I suggested to go north of $120. But I have no doubt the QT is good, it's just that most other people around here do . I'm a Mya owner myself (30 inch Blue Column). It's nice to know that I'm not the only one who knows of the better side of hookah brands :P
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook