Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

My failures with Nakhla..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:17 AM
ravio
Hookah Newbie

Default My failures with Nakhla..

Hey everyone,

anytime I have bought nakhla (except for sweet melon) I end up not using it because it doesnt taste at all like the smell or good in general. It's always mediocre at best. something about it tastes off

I pack it the same way I pack AF and SB and those come out great..but nakhla is always bad tasting (Mango by far the worst). There's always this weird feeling in the back of everyone's throat and the taste seems always artificial.

Is there a better way to pack it or am I just spoiled by AF and SB lol..Please tell me because I see some avid Nakhla supporters here and I cannot see why :\

nakhlas DA is also decent..I've tried fruit mix, cocktail, mango, sweet melon, rose (pretty sure) and some others as well and still same results
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:21 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

Default Re: My failures with Nakhla..

So you smoke Starbuzz and think that Nakhla tastes artificial?

I don't think you should try to force yourself to like something, if you don't like it then don't smoke it.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:26 AM
ravio
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevincett View Post
So you smoke Starbuzz and think that Nakhla tastes artificial?

I don't think you should try to force yourself to like something, if you don't like it then don't smoke it.
you have a point there lol. I know SB is like that but what I meant was like it tasted artificial when compared to how it smelled. artificial as in not realistic to what was expected? IDK bad choice of wording.

I'm going to stick to what I like of course, but I want to see if I'm truly missing out on anything due to wrong packing or something similar. what's the harm in that?
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:29 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

I was just saying if you don't like it, then you don't like it. My favorite Nakhla flavors would be DA, Sweet Melon, Banana, Cinnamon and Mizo Guava. Also if you bought 50 gram packs that could be a reason it's not smoking well, they're known to be drier.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:35 AM
ravio
Hookah Newbie

i enjoyed DA and sweet melon..I'll look into your suggestions. You're right the majority of them were 50g ones..the ones I did enjoy the most were 250g (sweet melon, DA, and mint) the only 250g that I hated was mango..oh man it had to have been a bad batch or something because after one pull everyone was coughing lol
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:40 AM
joevincett
Hookah Pro

I personally love mango but haven't found a mango flavored tobacco that I liked haha
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:51 AM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

I don't believe I have ever heard many good things about Nakhla Mango. Other Nakhla flavors you may want to look into are Peach and El Basha Grape.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:53 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by joevincett View Post
I personally love mango but haven't found a mango flavored tobacco that I liked haha
maybe you should try Salloum Mango, its pretty good
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:56 AM
ngraz617
Hookah Nut

I hated Nakhla the first time I tried it. I didn't force myself to like it but I just kept trying it over time, a bowl here and there and then I tried the Mizo line and I really like the Guava and the peach and the grape and they became regulars to me and when I wasn't smoking Mizo or any other shisha that I like I started throwing in a bowl of regular Nakhla every now and then and it just clicked and before I knew it the DA became a flavor I smoked often, then the sweet melon and the Fakhfakhina mixed fruit really turned me into a Nakhla smoker then I bought peach and Mango and Mandarin and I liked them too and now it's one of my favorite brands and at $7.00 for a 250g box it's the best deal around and now I got into Tangiers Lucid, never felt like trying to get into the regular line, too much work but with all the flavors Nakhla has it is a brand I never tire of. I still smoke my Starbuzz but not nearly as often. I will tell you once you are a Nakhla smoker you find a lot of other shishas just don't measure up to it in so many ways that you will only understand when you are a regular Nakhla smoker and understand what it really is as a tobacco compared to others.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 02:58 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

idk i love nakhla

Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:11 AM
JamesLee85
Hookah Newbie

Send a message via MSN to JamesLee85

Its taken me 2 years to enjoy Nakhla DA. i have a HUGE stash of tobacco from all the world wide brands and usually enjoy a good Al Fakher smoke. Recently though my taste buds have started to enjoy Nakhla DA a bit to much... im no2 smoking the flavour a good twice a day and its all ive really been smoking for 2 weeks now. Compared to fantasia and a few other brands which are very dripper and wet, im enjoying the authenticy of the tobacco. Cant get enought of the Nakhla DA.. just bought a nice 250g glass jar of it and its niiiiiiice!!!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:15 AM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I think it's just a shock to people that don't smoke Nakhla or drier blends often. You will warm up to it soon. Also, Nakhla is the best, IMO, in an Egyptian bowl. Others put it in Vortex and Phunnel, but for some reason, it's really good in an egyptian bowl. It took me a bit to warm up to Nakhla after smoking SB and Fantasia, but it eventually happened. I would go for Sweet Melon, Earl Grey, Mandarin and DA.

Old January 3rd, 2010, 03:23 AM
ravio
Hookah Newbie

I smoke everything in my egyptian (all I have lol)..but I see where you guys are coming from.I started warming up to some of the flavors and I guess i'll see where it takes me from there. The price like ngraz said is what's bringing me back to wanting to try it haha..I am really interested in the mizo line and from what I hear, I definitely need to try it out.

Tangiers lucid is also calling my name xD
Old January 3rd, 2010, 04:47 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravio View Post
Hey everyone,

anytime I have bought nakhla (except for sweet melon) I end up not using it because it doesnt taste at all like the smell or good in general. It's always mediocre at best. something about it tastes off

I pack it the same way I pack AF and SB and those come out great..but nakhla is always bad tasting (Mango by far the worst). There's always this weird feeling in the back of everyone's throat and the taste seems always artificial.

Is there a better way to pack it or am I just spoiled by AF and SB lol..Please tell me because I see some avid Nakhla supporters here and I cannot see why :\

nakhlas DA is also decent..I've tried fruit mix, cocktail, mango, sweet melon, rose (pretty sure) and some others as well and still same results
If you enjoy the sugary/candidness of SB then I suppose you may have a hard time appreciating more realistic tasting brands. What I suggest is that before you make up your mind about Nakhla or any other other brand you try out a few flavours (say 4-6) before making up your mind about it. Also, all brands need to be set up and smoked a little different so you'll need to tell us what sort of rig you have and how you are setting it up to get some feed back on what to do better.

Also, since Nakhla is a far less processed brand that SB it has some tobacco type flavours in the background and a good deal more nicotine then SB which has been washed & boiled until no flavour at all is left with the tobacco. Because these differences you'll likely be KO'd if you hoover it like you would SB so you have smoke with abit of restraint and forget about clouds.

I would like to suggest that you try Salloum since it's a great, inexpensive moassel that has realistic fruit flavourings that is more appealing then SB yet not as strong in terms of nicotine as Nakhla.
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:02 PM
thefaded
Hookah Pro

Nakhla takes a little bit of trial and error to get right. It took me quite a while to figure it out, but it was totally worth it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
forget about clouds.
I don't know if that's true. You still can get clouds from nak, I do at least. The trick is not to worry about whether or not you're getting clouds though, just enjoy the flavor and the relaxing smoke. Then, blow rings if you have the accouterments - not the other way around.

Last edited by thefaded; January 3rd, 2010 at 05:05 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook