Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Difference in the Stem

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 6th, 2010, 03:52 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Default Difference in the Stem

So i really like the Mya Gelato but the thing is, it comes in 3 sizes of stem... 12, 16 and 18 inch if i am not mistake. To me, it doesn't seem like there is much difference is smoke ability .. but is there? I mean, i don't want to get the smaller one just because it is cheaper and find out that the larger ones smoke better.

Here is an image of the 2 hose 18 inch
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:07 PM
Mackmaven
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Difference in the Stem

I doubt 6 inches will make a huge difference esp on a Mya...

"From zero to hookah, in nothing flat."
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:15 PM
mcmlb55
Hookah Newbie

ive smoked from the 12 inch and it hits like a champ. smoke isnt too warm, and is capable of getting large smoke.
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:31 PM
blacklit
Hookah Newbie

you might notice a slight difference in hit. i personally don't unless i'm trying to detect it. a bit like, noticing the difference in the air you breathe where you live, and the air you breathe when you go to the wilderness.. (creative imagination there)

but...
you'll love the small one for ease of cleaning (which you'll do a lot of and appreciate). i've had a range of hookahs (8"-36") and have downsized to a single, Mya Bambino. no regrets.

i believe, the small gelato is all you'll need.. especially since it's multi-hose convertible.

good luck w/ the decision. you can't really go wrong.
Attached Thumbnails
bbn_qt.jpg  
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:57 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

my friend has a 18 inch just like that one you showed except silver/blue instead of gold/blue. it is awesome and really breaks down very small int eh carry box. idk what the differences really are between the 3 sizes but i would assume the base is smaller on the 12 inch which seems to not give as nice of a draw from my experiences.

if it was my buck i would pay for the 18 inch

-matt
Old January 6th, 2010, 05:34 PM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

I have the gelato and it's an awesome hookah, hits like a champ and I can tell you that there's no difference between this one and a 18", they both hit amazing
Old January 6th, 2010, 06:43 PM
BTBAMordecai
Hookah Pro

it is a nice looking hookah
Old January 6th, 2010, 07:01 PM
mattathayde
Hookah Master

you know i find it funny how many people like the gelatos now cause i remember once they hit the internet vendors people hated them (it was about 1-2 months after my friend got his) and while i didnt hate the look i sure wasnt a big fan of it. it has grown on me and i guess it has grown on the community. i will say it is one of the most stable designs i have seen. period.
-matt
Old January 7th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattathayde View Post
you know i find it funny how many people like the gelatos now cause i remember once they hit the internet vendors people hated them (it was about 1-2 months after my friend got his) and while i didnt hate the look i sure wasnt a big fan of it. it has grown on me and i guess it has grown on the community. i will say it is one of the most stable designs i have seen. period.
-matt
The main thing i wanted in my new hookah was the gold stem.. and i want either a black or blue vase. That is just the look i had in mind. Also i have heard a lot of people like the Mya hookahs, my friend has one and he uses it more than the Egyptian one he has ( i currently have an Egyptian one myself). Thanks for the help everyone though, i think i will probably go with the smaller unless its too much of a hassle to go directly through the Mya Saray website (they have the best selection of them but i think they have a little bit more spendy shipping)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook