Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Would a new hookah really have better flow?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:06 PM
Hookah Newbie
Default Would a new hookah really have better flow?

So im running a 30' mya with an acrylic base and nammors, topped off with a medium tangiers and coconaras. Coming from handmade israeli hookahs to cheap american and chinese ones, ive been around the block with sub hundred dollar hookahs. Would a 100$+ hookah really taste better or provide better flow? it doesnt physically make sense, unless im just paying 60$ more for a slightly wider down stem. Ive looked at KMs and it looks like im just paying for a name and some metal, and they dont look that reliable, especially with that stupid looking horizontal hose port that looks like it would make it super easy to knock out or knock the hookah over with. Am i really missing something?
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:14 PM
Hookah Pro
Default Re: Would a new hookah really have better flow?

My KM definitely flows freer than my AF medium solid and both of those flow much freer than my generic Egyptian. Weather or not that is a good thing is a matter of preference. I personally prefer a slightly restricted draw. The hose plays a big part in how open the draw is also.
See me on YouTube!
Old January 13th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Hookah Newbie

Thanks for the response
Anyone else have a mya and a KM? I geuss im just not sold on the idea that a hookah with two smalled drilled holes to suck from the base rather than a close to 5 sq. inch opening, and a rubber vase grommet instead of a threaded one could possibly be worth twice as much as my hookah, obviously, only taking into consideration performance, not materials used.
Old January 14th, 2010, 12:12 AM

I have both mya's a bambino, and a collosius, i have a km, and both a medium heavy, large heavy af, the little bambino has a more open draw than the collosius, the collosius is big and beautiful and really portable and has multiple hose options, now out of the rest all have way bigger draws than the myas, out of the next the medium solid af hookah has the next tightest (compaired to the myas is way more open ), it comparison to the large heavy af and the km, both are big and open, i cant tell a difference if one is more open than less, there just wide open... Alone i smoke out of my medium heavy af most of the time, just like dee stated i like alittle more restriction. But now onto the importance, all my results are using a nammor hose, but i smoke mostly nahkla and in a standard eqpt bowl, but if i smoke something else like tangiers, or romman, starbuzz etc i will use a vortex bowl or a funnel bowl, both add to restriction compared to a wide open egpt, also how many and how large of hole you put in your foil add to restriction, anyways if i smoke a vortex or funnel i use my km or large heavy af to set off some of the restriction cause by the bowl. i guess i am picky when i smoke alone, i like a certain draw, not to open, but not with a feeling that i am working to hit on it, i guess i just like them easy! but not to easy.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook