Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Vortex: Round 2

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 15th, 2010, 08:33 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Default Vortex: Round 2

Got home yesterday and opened my package from Hookah Hookah. In it I find my 100g of Atomic Fireball and my second vortex bowl. If you guys don't remember, I bought a vortex a few weeks back and after 20 minutes everything was done. It did not matter if I used 1 coconara or 3. I didn't see what the hype was about.

Well I can say today, that my last vortex had to be defective somehow. I left instructions for Hookah Hookah to send me a vortex with the holes on the spire as close to the top as possible, which they did. I loaded a bowl of Atomic Fireball into this vortex, put on 3 coconaras, and was impressed. The flavor was magnificent, the clouds were amazing, the heat management was super easy, and I have found my new go to bowl. I see what the hype is all about now.

When I took the first draw the smoke was so huge and thick, my wife literally had to fan it with her hands so she could talk to me. This lasted almost threw the entire session, which went for 1 hour and 20 minutes. I will be ordering another vortex from them next month, just as a back up. This bowl is awesome! I am sorry I doubted this bowl a few weeks ago.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Default Re: Vortex: Round 2

Vortex rocks! It is the real deal .. no hype about it. I can tell you plenty of products that are "hyped" (see number 4 below) .. Vortex is definitely not one of them!

You said "I see what the hype is all about now." I have to clear you and a ton of others on the definition of hype though .. hype is a very bad word and used improperly by billions of people.

hype 1 (hp) Slang n.1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion: the hype surrounding the murder trial.
2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material: "It is pure hype, a gigantic PR job" (Saturday Review).
3. An advertising or promotional ploy: "Some restaurant owners in town are cooking up a $75,000 hype to promote New York as 'Restaurant City, U.S.A.'" (New York).
4. Something deliberately misleading; a deception: "[He] says that there isn't any energy crisis at all, that it's all a hype, to maintain outrageous profits for the oil companies" (Joel Oppenheimer).

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:00 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Congrats on the new bowl .. I have a couple of them and love them!

~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:22 AM
killak3v
Hookah Nut

damn man i just put my order in with hookah shisha and its coming in todai but i regret picking somethings up like coconars a nammor hose and a vortex bowl well seeing that HS doesnt have a vortex bowl i feel better lol i will be gettin a nammor giza vortex and coconaras next come around im glad you like i must try this thing man how is the atomic fireball shisha
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:27 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambooka View Post
Vortex rocks! It is the real deal .. no hype about it. I can tell you plenty of products that are "hyped" (see number 4 below) .. Vortex is definitely not one of them!

You said "I see what the hype is all about now." I have to clear you and a ton of others on the definition of hype though .. hype is a very bad word and used improperly by billions of people.

hype 1 (hp) Slang n.1. Excessive publicity and the ensuing commotion: the hype surrounding the murder trial.
2. Exaggerated or extravagant claims made especially in advertising or promotional material: "It is pure hype, a gigantic PR job" (Saturday Review).
3. An advertising or promotional ploy: "Some restaurant owners in town are cooking up a $75,000 hype to promote New York as 'Restaurant City, U.S.A.'" (New York).
4. Something deliberately misleading; a deception: "[He] says that there isn't any energy crisis at all, that it's all a hype, to maintain outrageous profits for the oil companies" (Joel Oppenheimer).
I don't think hype was the wrong word choice for me. It seems like the vortex bowl gets the most publicity here and is very popular. However, when someone asks what bowl to get, 75% are vortex and then there are disputes for Tangiers phunnel and egypitian. So there is hype around the vortex in that aspect.

What I meant by my hype though is number 2. I got my first vortex and was excited to be trying it out. I had heard all these extravagant claims that this bowl is awesome. After smoking out of it 3 times, I felt it was exaggerated by y'all. Now that I have one that isn't defective, I see that the extravagant claims you guys made about it are true.

And if that's not a good explanation and I am off my mark, i mean it is Friday today and I am looking forward to the weekend then I correct it to say:

I see what all the fuss is about!

Merriam-Webster defines fuss as excitement.
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by killak3v View Post
damn man i just put my order in with hookah shisha and its coming in todai but i regret picking somethings up like coconars a nammor hose and a vortex bowl well seeing that HS doesnt have a vortex bowl i feel better lol i will be gettin a nammor giza vortex and coconaras next come around im glad you like i must try this thing man how is the atomic fireball shisha
Coconaras are awesome, by far my fav coals.
Nammor is awesome, I have a large black one and have another coming today
Vortex is awesome, recommend SS or Hookah Hookah, since they listen to your comments.

Atomic Fireball, well... it was alright. Not the punch of cinnamon I was looking for. I am looking for a cinnamon that is really strong and kind of burns like big red gum. But I will be getting more Atomic Fireball for sure.
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:45 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Did they really send you a bowl with the spire holes closer to the top? very noticeably?
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Capt, I didn't mean any disrespect to you at all! Sorry if you took it that way.

Personally I think that if more people tried the Vortex you would see less and less people recommending phunnels. lol they recommend it even when they have never used one!? That still dumbfounds me!

Anyway, that is just my opinion, I don't care what bowl people use, but I have my personal favorites I will recommend. It is all just opinion from everybody though and all opinions are welcome.

Opinion of a STRONG cinnamon! Try Nakhla Cinnamon or Al Fakher Cinnamon .. Cheers!

Old January 15th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Quote:
how is the atomic fireball shisha
Here is my opinion of it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lix11Ftx9T4

Old January 15th, 2010, 09:56 AM
killak3v
Hookah Nut

this is one of the greatest forums i am a part of everyone is so chill and helpful glad to be a part of this community and hey i will be real honest i coudlnt wait i went to texashookah and ordered a a 108 box fo coconaras and a vortex bowl asap lol i cant wait to try these things and for the review i will watch it know and piost again thank you all so far
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:57 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzHookah View Post
Did they really send you a bowl with the spire holes closer to the top? very noticeably?
Yes they did. I just asked them in the comment section and they sent it. You actually couldnt get the holes any closer to the top without them connecting to make a phunnel. It is excellent. I will try and post pics tonight.

Sambooka, I did not take your post as disrespectful. I understand about clearing up misconceptions about words and I tried to clear up mine by explaining my reasoning. It is Friday, I am in a great mood, check out my incoming order to see why. If I came off as offended, sorry, not my intentions at all. I respect you, what you have to say, and what you do for this community.
Old January 15th, 2010, 09:59 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
this is one of the greatest forums i am a part of everyone is so chill and helpful glad to be a part of this community and hey i will be real honest i coudlnt wait i went to texashookah and ordered a a 108 box fo coconaras and a vortex bowl asap lol i cant wait to try these things and for the review i will watch it know and piost again thank you all so far
Texas hookah, my home away from home. Nice being in the same city, I can drop by and pick stuff up. Enjoy your coconara's and vortex!
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:14 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

Capt! I am happy it is Friday too!

I will be setting up a nice smoke tonight, something from my stash! Probably Nakhla Earl Grey with a hint of Al Fakher Orange. In my Vortex, with Coconara or Exoticas and my trusty Khalil Mamoon Amer (Eileen)

Enjoy your weekend!

Old January 15th, 2010, 10:27 AM
killak3v
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Texas hookah, my home away from home. Nice being in the same city, I can drop by and pick stuff up. Enjoy your coconara's and vortex!

oo man u are to lucky lol and thanks

sambooka man seeing that review really made me wanna order that shisha flavor i used to love atomic fireballs as a kid man i cant wait to get this but the shipping time is always such a pain
Old January 15th, 2010, 10:47 AM
PeckerWood
Hookah Nut

I've got a vortex bowl on its way form Hookah John along with some other goodies cant wait to try it out I hope its as good as my funnel bowl I just broke last night.
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:41 PM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

Good to hear you joined the vortex crew!!!!heheh enjoy
Old January 15th, 2010, 04:17 PM
LemonJPooding
Hookah Nut

great job! im so excited for my vortex now haha. I was a little worried it wasnt going to preform as good as a phunnel, but from what sambooka has said and these positive feedback threads, Im very excited for it! good job man.
Old January 15th, 2010, 08:43 PM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

yeah i love my vortexs they treat me very good lol

Old January 15th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Shushyne4np2ne
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Shushyne4np2ne Send a message via Yahoo to Shushyne4np2ne

I'm glad you got your Vortex to function. Stuff happens sometimes and now its fixed so lean back and enjoy brotown.

Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook