Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

KM w/out ball bearing?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 19th, 2010, 01:38 PM
rubka430
Hookah Newbie

Default KM w/out ball bearing?

Hi guys!
My friend ordered a KM Kafae (or Cafe, as the shop calls it) from hookahshop.co.uk. The pipe has arrivied to him, but inside the valve he doesn't find ball bearing. Is this correct with KM pipes? I don't believe that KM pipes don't need that important attachment. Does he need to buy this ball or the KMs have got another solution to not suck that clean air just the smoke?
Thank you very much, and please don't offense my english, I'm Hungarian .
Greetings from Hungary!
Old January 19th, 2010, 01:47 PM
omar1
Hookah Pro

Default Re: KM w/out ball bearing?

bb balls cost like 50p or half a dollar w,e.

Just phone your vendor up to send them your bb, okay but you do need a bb so that ur drag is air tight, the extra air will kill smoke.

for a temporary measure stick some tissue in the ball bearing this will make ur smoking THICCCCK then remove topurge
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
kalutika
Mad Alchemist

It should have come with one. Check if it is stuck in the purge cap. It can be replaced with an airsoft BB or other similarly sized ball bearing. The vendor should be willing to send one if it was missing.
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:13 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

An airsoft BB should work approach the vendor to send you one. a steel bearing can also be purchased at a bicycle repair shop should either be 8 or 6 mm that is the standard sizes but the hookahs purge valves vary between those two.
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
HookahWoltar
Hookah Newbie

AIRSOFT BB!!!! WORKS EVEN BETTER THAN METAL!!!! i would tell the vendor that it was missing nonetheless.
Old January 19th, 2010, 02:52 PM
rubka430
Hookah Newbie

Thank you very much, I think I will contact with the shop then. Otherwise, not this issue is the first one since we ordered the hookah. First, we wanted to buy a KM World Cup, but they told us that it has been sold out. "Thats OK", we said, they gave us preference if we buy another hookah. This Kafae seemed to be very good at all, and also very cheap, so we bought twice of this. Then they told the bowl which this pipe has also been sold out, we said ok to this one too. They attached an Aladin 2 side bowl, which was broken when my friend opened the box. We always wanted to buy a Vortex, so we don't take care of this little disappointment. The hose is also not an original KM hose, it's a rust resistant EX-L (please don't ask what type of this, I don't know about it). Now I ask 1 f..king question: when someone wants to buy a good waterpipe, especially a Khalil Mamoon, which is one of the best hookah mark out there, all elements of the hookah should be broken, out of stock or ... miss? I think no, it shouldn't. We will contact with this seller, and give them a very BIG negative request. Oh, I'm exhausted now. Anyway, thanks for all that help, see you guys later, and good smoke to everyone!
Old January 19th, 2010, 03:55 PM
-jordan-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubka430 View Post
Thank you very much, I think I will contact with the shop then. Otherwise, not this issue is the first one since we ordered the hookah. First, we wanted to buy a KM World Cup, but they told us that it has been sold out. "Thats OK", we said, they gave us preference if we buy another hookah. This Kafae seemed to be very good at all, and also very cheap, so we bought twice of this. Then they told the bowl which this pipe has also been sold out, we said ok to this one too. They attached an Aladin 2 side bowl, which was broken when my friend opened the box. We always wanted to buy a Vortex, so we don't take care of this little disappointment. The hose is also not an original KM hose, it's a rust resistant EX-L (please don't ask what type of this, I don't know about it). Now I ask 1 f..king question: when someone wants to buy a good waterpipe, especially a Khalil Mamoon, which is one of the best hookah mark out there, all elements of the hookah should be broken, out of stock or ... miss? I think no, it shouldn't. We will contact with this seller, and give them a very BIG negative request. Oh, I'm exhausted now. Anyway, thanks for all that help, see you guys later, and good smoke to everyone!
That would be the first and last time I buy from that vendor... Yikes.. Sorry for the bad luck..
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:17 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Airsoft BB's have saved lots of angry hours for me and my hookahs.
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

You would eventually replace it with an airsoft bb anyway
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:20 PM
brasssmunkye
Hookah Newbie

yeah, i just got my kafae from ********** and the bb was included, not to mention it is included with every hookah thats not used AFAIK

i dropped my BB a few days ago... i need to find an airsoft bb to i dont have to keep a foilball covering it lol
Old January 19th, 2010, 04:52 PM
BigBlind
Hookah Pro

+1 to the plastic BB!!!
Old January 19th, 2010, 05:47 PM
ryon
Hookah Nut

I stole a bb from a ball bearing at my shop for my chinese hookah
I wanna try an airsoft bb though for a lighter pull
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:12 PM
Memories
Hookah Nut

Yeah if you don't have any airsoft BB's they are usually pretty easy to find. Most of my friends as well as myself have guns so its pretty easy to find a bottle of them laying around. Thats what my friend and I use for our hookah anyway.
Old January 19th, 2010, 06:16 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Memories no offence intended man but your avatar makes me laugh cuz you look like a Pez dispenser in the pic. LOL
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:58 AM
patelbadboy2006
Hookah Master

Send a message via MSN to patelbadboy2006 Send a message via Yahoo to patelbadboy2006

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubka430 View Post
The hose is also not an original KM hose, it's a rust resistant EX-L (please don't ask what type of this, I don't know about it).
If they sent you one of these
http://www.hookahshop.co.uk/exl-2008...ue-p-1652.html

they are really good hoses and washable so in the long run will be better then the KM ones, but i know they should have sent what was advertised
Old January 20th, 2010, 11:07 AM
abzy786
Hookah Enthusiast

In the discription it says they will send you that hose and a 2 sided bowl

HP Feedback - http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...hlight=abzy786
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook