Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Camel skin hose

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 20th, 2010, 07:49 PM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Default Camel skin hose

I stopped in at medwakh.net to check out the new medwakhs Bassem got in (don't know how new they were, but I just remembered that they should be up), and I noticed he's selling hookah stuff now. This particularly intrigued me; does anyone have any experience with one of these or something similar?

http://medwakh.com/programs/shop/est...&showitem=1048
Old January 20th, 2010, 07:55 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Camel skin hose

no but with my tendency to break shit 60 is too much for hose. it is beautiful tho
Old January 20th, 2010, 08:05 PM
ryon
Hookah Nut

That is a truely awesome looking hose and what its made out of is truely unique
If I had an extra 60 to throw around it would be mine
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

I used to have several camel leather hoses and they are great providing you smoke one flavour out them. One such hose I had was roughly 100 years old and since it was well maintained it smoked great! In case any of you are wondering you have to go to narghile antique auctions to find that sort of thing. Unfortunately they are pretty expensive to get into and you need an invitation. I still go to about every year or two. I had no idea that anyone still made such hoses but it's cool to see that they do. Perhaps Bassem can use his awesome contacts to grab some regional moassel brands?
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Bassem
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Anything in particular, Hajo?
Old January 20th, 2010, 09:38 PM
Bassem

The camel skin hoses and bone tips came from a 'supplier' in Turkey. I asked him to find me some reasonable antique painted brass hookahs to display at my lounge (yeah, and in my living room), and he came up with 12 of these. No old hookahs yet, but he's still looking!
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:39 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

oh shit.. that thing is sweet.. just wish i had 60 dollas.. monies!! lol
Old January 20th, 2010, 10:44 PM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

I want one!! Would be perfect for me as I rarely mix it up w/the flavors.
Old January 21st, 2010, 12:39 AM
Scoop
Hookah Guru

cool hose, ridiculous price range though. wish i could afford to spend 60 bucks on the hose.
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:29 AM
Bassem

I agree, it's an expensive hose. But check this link out- http://medwakh.com/programs/shop/est...&showitem=1054.

A used solid brass Turkish hookah with a brand new camelskin hose and bone tip- $90.
Old January 21st, 2010, 01:32 AM
MC_Gatty
Hookah Nut

Quote:
heavy as a thiefs conscience
I love it. I wish I had a lot more money to spend on shisha things....

Edit: I wonder what shipping is though, based on that quote :P

Last edited by MC_Gatty; January 21st, 2010 at 01:32 AM. Reason: no doublepost
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:13 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Damn now I have to emigrate to USA to get that Hookah.

Very nice Hookah Bassem
Old January 21st, 2010, 11:23 AM
Frenchy1000
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Frenchy1000

it does look nice. but its just the thought of that poor camel lol
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:35 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bassem View Post
I can think of quite a lot but i'll just mention a few things by semi-large brands. For starters no one is importing jurak of any form from the Saudi or Gulf states and that is something I would love to see change. In terms of Indian stuff I notice that India has dozens of brands that are great but not sold outside of India. What I would like to see is someone carrying the brands Qehwa ( great fruit flavoured moassels), Sufia Jurak (a nice ranged of spiced juraks with very low nicotine) Pretty much anything made by Ahmad Jurak like their great line of fruit and spice based moassels is made by AJP but my favorites are: Abu Sheesha, Abu Itrah & Al Khaas as these have very high quality tobacco and amazingly good spiced essences. Other must haves are Shh 'el-beled, El Kif, El Gondoul, Arous El Nile, Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey.
Old January 21st, 2010, 03:57 PM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post
I can think of quite a lot but i'll just mention a few things by semi-large brands. For starters no one is importing jurak of any form from the Saudi or Gulf states and that is something I would love to see change. In terms of Indian stuff I notice that India has dozens of brands that are great but not sold outside of India. What I would like to see is someone carrying the brands Qehwa ( great fruit flavoured moassels), Sufia Jurak (a nice ranged of spiced juraks with very low nicotine) Pretty much anything made by Ahmad Jurak like their great line of fruit and spice based moassels is made by AJP but my favorites are: Abu Sheesha, Abu Itrah & Al Khaas as these have very high quality tobacco and amazingly good spiced essences. Other must haves are Shh 'el-beled, El Kif, El Gondoul, Arous El Nile, Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey.

Crossing my fingers! Please! Please! Please!
Old January 21st, 2010, 04:04 PM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

That used hookah is daaaamn sexy! The stem looks nice, and that hose it comes with is beautiful!! I wish i had some spending money
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:30 PM
Bassem

I will know something in a day or two. My uncle in Lebanon is going to have a kidney removed tomorrow, so consequently my Dad and oldest brother flew there yesterday. There will be an entire tribe of us descending upon that hospital in the next few days, from Syria, Egypt, Jordan, Yemen, Oman, and elsewhere. I'm sure that, given my families inherent insistance that borders and the rules pertaining to such just don't apply to my family, I will have an opportunity to obtain certain items not, umm, normally available for sale here. At the very least, serious inquiries will be made. I em'd your list over there. We shall see.
Old January 21st, 2010, 06:41 PM
Bassem

a nice ranged of spiced juraks with very low nicotine
Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey

The juraks- how do you feel about zaghlol? Comparable? And are you interested in straight up traditional tombac, or are those some augmented varieties?

Last edited by Bassem; January 21st, 2010 at 07:32 PM.
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:30 PM
slick_johnson
Hookah Pro

They sell these hoses through the lounge Bassem has a link to on the site as well. I can tell you through actually seeing them in person that they are drop dead gorgeous hoses. It's too bad I have started putting all of my money into my new hobby, because I've been drooling over these hoses for months now.
Old January 21st, 2010, 09:12 PM
Thunder
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hajo Flettner View Post

If I may add to that, the Kingdom of Bahrain is well-known for its great tobacco and shisha products but due to their limited resources, most of the blends are being made and consumed locally. If you have the chance to travel Bahrain, I'll be glad to supply you with some places that make excellent moassel blends. Also, they are much cheaper than other well-known brands.
Old January 22nd, 2010, 01:02 AM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

Quote:
a nice ranged of spiced juraks with very low nicotine
Tombac Ma'assel Super and Tombac Ma'assel Honey

The juraks- how do you feel about zaghlol? Comparable? And are you interested in straight up traditional tombac, or are those some augmented varieties?
Thanks for the offer but I have no trouble getting any Nakhla product. Jurak is typically a very finely cut tobacco (some times like Desi Merli and sometimes more like dokha) which is made into a paste with molasses. It usually has some sort herbs added for flavourings but it's never fruity. It's very popular in the KSA, India and to a lesser extent the rural portions of the Arab world. It's considered an old fashioned smoke and a lot of times it comes in tiny glass jars, zip lock bags or wax paper tied with string. I like straight up tombac but I prefer the darker, rich stuff rather then the Jordanian or Indian varieties.

Thanks for looking into it and hopefully you'll have some cool family stories from the get together and the news from the hospital will be good.
Old February 4th, 2010, 07:38 AM
hookahhsshiha
Hookah Newbie

hi guyz..i just saw u pepole discussing India brands of hookah tobacco. Well, I am from India and Qehwa is one such brand I would recommend to all.. The smoke is awsome, flavour is definitely jicy, u can actually smoke one serving to 90 to 120 mins with the same taste...
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook