Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Tobacco free shisha?!?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 26th, 2010, 12:14 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to partylobster
Question Tobacco free shisha?!?

While on vacation with my family, I visited this "international market" place and was pleased to see that they sold hookah stuff! Even better was that I found shisha on sale for only fifty cents per 50mg box! Of course I loaded up on flavors I've always been curious about.

However, the brand name is Soex and while they look legitimate and have a fancy website ( www.soex.com )... I've never herd of them on here. Here's the weirdest part: it's tobacco, nicotine, and tar free.

When smoking hookah, I try not to smoke alone in an effort to keep me from getting addicted, but this Soex stuff is pretty nice because I can enjoy a smoke without worrying. And it tastes pretty good too!

I wonder, however, if this is even any healthier for me than real tobacco. Its never too healthy when man made gods try to imitate natural things. Plus, the stuff looks like cut-up chemical crystals with food coloring.

I wanted to know your guys' opinion on this sort of product. Do you have any experience? And is it really any healthier? Thanks a bunch.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Tobacco free shisha?!?

I checked and the stuff is made out of:

Ugarsay, anecay, agassebay, molasses, preservatives, and flavour.

The first three are new to me, and I've been eating artificial stuff for a long time now.

It was imported by Emport from India.

And it has a nice holographic sticker on it, just like licensed MLB apparel!
That makes it so much more appealing.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:18 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

its actually sugar cane flack iirc. and you are still breathing in smoke so go figure.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:24 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

By the way, if anybody is wondering...

The flavor is surprisingly pungent. I love it! However, the cloud is a little below average and it has a REALLY higher heat tolerance meaning that I have to use more coal to get it to do anything worth while. The buzz sucks too... although that's not much of a surprise.

The good points are that it tastes good, its tar free, nicotine free (if you count that as a plus), and it even comes with four free mouthpieces.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:26 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

Well, I know I'm still breathing in smoke so it's obviously not "healthy" for me.

Let me rephrase what I said: Which type of shisha is least detrimental to my health?
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:30 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

maybe ill rephrase that, you are still inhaling partially combusted biomatter and other vaporized substances
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Frenchy1000
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to Frenchy1000

well this Soex is the only stuff i have actually smoke so far as that is all you can get from uk sellers ( well from the web sites anyway) i have a few different flavours, i have realised that the flavour is ok, but i am hopeing that the real tobacco that i have ordered is better tasteing.

the best flavour that i ahe tried so far from this has to be the mixed fruits. really nice, actually had a small bowl before work last night (in work now ...), have to sat the the strawberry is on at first but the taset goes quite quickly which annoyed me a wee bit.

what all flavours did u get??
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:38 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

I've been browsing around the site, and apparently Soex is more known than I thought. I thought I had found something new! ha

Anyway, I got cardamom, rose, and pudina. I have no CLUE what cardamom and pudina are though... but they're good.

My favorite is actually pudina because it has a wild good mint flavor, though short. Rose is also pretty good, although a little chemicaly... it is a familiar scent. While cardamom is allright, it isn't my favorite. It tastes like a bunch of herbs I've never tasted... for a good reason.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:39 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

mmmmmmmm... partially combusted biomatter....
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Frenchy1000
Hookah Nut

i am a smoker so i think that proper tobacco shisha will HOPEFULLY be better for me
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

Here's my own, non-scientific opinion:

First of all, most hookah tobacco contains a minimal amount of tar, if any at all. The clouds you are breathing are mostly water vapor. Tar is produced by combustion, at about 800 degrees, much hotter than the bowl of your hookah will ever get.

Furthermore, most of the Moassels (What some call 'shisha') smoked in the western world are washed, and contain only a minimal amount of nicotine.

I've smoked hookah for seven years. For about the past year I've smoked an average of three bowls a day, I would not call myself addicted. I recently took a week off while moving. I had no cravings or need to get a fix in that time. NONE. I think it's safe to say that unless you are severely prone to addiction that the hookah is not habit forming.

Herbal moassels are a new product, and there is little to no science on them. Most of them, including soex, are made of sugarcane bagasse. That is the crushed cane splinters left over from sugar production. Look at those ingredients, it's pig latin! Workers who handle a lot of bagasse can develop pulmonary fibrosis. There are some who believe that smoking the herbal moassel can have the same effect. For what it's worth, I think it's B.S. Pulmonary fibrosis is caused when minute particles of the cane build up in the lungs after being inhaled. The people who develop this condition work in factories processing thousands of pounds of the stuff a day. I can't imagine that much of the material makes it all the way down the stem of your hookah, through the water, all the way up the hose, and into your lungs. You'd have to smoke tons of the stuff to get the same effect.

Is using a hookah completely safe? Probably not. Nothing is healthy when overused. Is it safer than other forms of tobacco use? Most likely. It's the same as enjoying a few beers with friends. You can enjoy it without taking it to the point where it trashes your body.

As another point, I personally believe the unhealthiest part of using a hookah is the coals. All coals produce carbon monoxide in small amounts. Cheap coals, especially quicklights, have chemicals in them that can compound the negative effects on the human body. Rather than concerning yourself with the tobacco, you'd do well to purchase the highest quality coals you can. I personally believe that the coal itself is more harmful to the body than the tobacco. But once again, moderation.

Keep in mind that most all of the negative press about tobacco relates directly to cigarettes. Cigarettes are made from the cheapest cut of tobacco available, doused in chemicals to make them more addictive (And as a side effect, more harmful), and then burned at a very high heat(7-900 degrees). Moassel is made from a higher grade of leaf, with minimal harmful additives, heated indirectly at a low temperature (2-300 degrees), and water filtered.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:48 AM
Black_Mamba
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by partylobster View Post
I've been browsing around the site, and apparently Soex is more known than I thought. I thought I had found something new! ha
It's called herbal. It's nothing new. Check out the reviews section to see what people think of them. I personally have not liked any herbal flavors I have ever tried, and I know there are a lot who feel the same way. But I have heard that there are a few good flavors out there.

If I were you I would just stick to tobacco.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:57 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

Wow Coyotero. I feel so enlightened! Thanks for all that information, and what you say makes sense. I've known that hookah is probably the least harmful way to use tobacco, but I never even thought about the coals being the thing to worry about. I've been meaning to order some natural coals, and this just makes me want them more.
Old January 26th, 2010, 12:59 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

And yes, even though this Soex isn't too bad... I've decided to stay with real tobacco once these boxes are empty.

This has been a nice experience for me and I can now say I have an opinion on herbal shisha. Even better is that it was only $1.50 for 150g!
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Coyotero
Hookah Guru

No problem man.

Get some good naturals. I love coconaras, you'll taste complexities in the flavors you've never noticed before.

Darth Coyote, Executor of EGOB and the Black Leaf Brotherhood.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:09 AM
partylobster
Hookah Nut

Thanks, I appreciate your advice. I might actually go buy some tonight because I hear everybody raving about the tastes... but my taste has never been so amazing that I had to RAVE about it. Hopefully these will cheer-up my flavorless hookah.
Old January 26th, 2010, 01:14 AM
Frenchy1000
Hookah Nut

coyotero - nice speel! has actually made me think about my addiction to cigarettes. i was thinking of giving up smoking (not hookah ofcourse) and replacing the cravings with Hookah, just for a while. and if it works = WIN. if not, it was worth a try lol
Old January 26th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Memories
Hookah Nut

there was one really good herbal shisha i have had.. Key Lime Pie... And i haven't found anything similar that has tobacco. However... aside from that one flavor.. there is a lot of really good flavors that i have had.. but only one comes to mind that was herbal.
Old January 26th, 2010, 04:31 AM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

I had a free 50grams of strawberry soex with my first 2hose hookah from caravan off ebay. It tasted like what I imagine red hair dye would taste like.

*thumbs down*
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:18 AM
matais3
Hookah Nut

SOEX is the only brand I smoke. 6$ AUD per 50 grams. It's in shops everywhere in AUS
Old January 26th, 2010, 07:33 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Memories View Post
there was one really good herbal shisha i have had.. Key Lime Pie... And i haven't found anything similar that has tobacco. However... aside from that one flavor.. there is a lot of really good flavors that i have had.. but only one comes to mind that was herbal.
Salaam? I heard its the best when it comes to herbal shisha. I might have to try this brand.
Old January 26th, 2010, 09:33 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Soex is awful. If you must smoke "herbal" try Saalaam.
Share with your friends on facebook