Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

overpacked bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 28th, 2010, 10:21 PM
caveman
Hookah Nut

Send a message via Yahoo to caveman
Default overpacked bowl

If you accidently overpack the bowl and the tobacco burns a little is there any way to save it other then repacking it?
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:50 PM
-jordan-

Default Re: overpacked bowl

Take off the foil and peel off the burnt layer of tobacco.. Re-wrap, and keep going
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:53 PM
Dr Shisha
Hookah Nut

i did that once, took all the coals off, put the bowl in the fridge for a few mins and it was fine.

It depends really, if the tobacco only burnt a little bit then you should be ok just simply take the coals off, get the bowl off and blow through the bottom of the bowl to clear any bad ashes etc. That normally works for most people.
Old January 28th, 2010, 10:58 PM
-jordan-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navz View Post
i did that once, took all the coals off, put the bowl in the fridge for a few mins and it was fine.

It depends really, if the tobacco only burnt a little bit then you should be ok just simply take the coals off, get the bowl off and blow through the bottom of the bowl to clear any bad ashes etc. That normally works for most people.
Just be careful changing temperatures dramatically with your bowl.. Going from coal heat, to a fridge could shatter your bowl
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:20 PM
matt_attack757
Hookah Nut

take off the burnt shisha and re-foil
Old January 28th, 2010, 11:27 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by -jordan- View Post
Just be careful changing temperatures dramatically with your bowl.. Going from coal heat, to a fridge could shatter your bowl
Cannot stress this enough. Happened to me with a bowl and a vase (not in the fridge though, with water.)
This happens on occasion to me and the easiest solution is unfoil then adjust tobacco level as needed, and get some new foil. You might want to take the coals off and let the bowl sit for a few mins to cool down if your hands are not that heat resistant.
Old January 29th, 2010, 12:40 AM
Red_Pyramid
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by caveman View Post
If you accidently overpack the bowl and the tobacco burns a little is there any way to save it other then repacking it?
When it comes to this I'd have to ask if your over packing it to the point where it pulls like you're sucking on wet sand? Because IMO (with a mod bowl), it should be packed to where it feels slightly tight and that's not hard to do. You don't want it under packed, as I have found this to produce the least amount of smoke, and packing it tight where the pull is like sucking on a milkshake and lets everything get through just fine (no charing). I also DO NOT use foil, rather steel screens, as it's far more convenient and efficient with heat management and burning shisha. Really, unless you're seriously compacting the shisha in there and not shifting the coals enough for heat management, it should all be good.
Old January 29th, 2010, 03:19 AM
unicycleboy3190
Hookah Pro

i take a coal off and purge it a few times then take the bowl off and blow in the bowl then let it set for about 2 mins, throw the coals on again and your good

Old January 29th, 2010, 08:10 AM
twoapplesplease
Hookah Guru

Overpacking is not the cause for the burning usually its a heat mangment thing...Or maybee you did'nt overpack the bowl enuff...At any rate just take the coals off purge a few times and take a few more pulls without the coals on the bowl and let it cool for 2 minn...then put the coals back on