Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

brands of shisha

Hookah Discussion

View Poll Results: What is the best tasting and smoke generating shisha on the market
Hookah freak shisha 2 22.22%
Best Shisha 7 77.78%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Share

Old January 23rd, 2008, 02:11 AM
WiSHing NiNja
Hookah Newbie

Default brands of shisha

Hey guys I was wondering What is the hands down best Shisha on the market rightnow. Also in addition to that question has anyone ever smoked hookah freak shisha? If so do you think its any good.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:50 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra
Default Re: brands of shisha

its really hard to say exactly what brand is the best. some times im in love with al waha (after nine, orange cream, winter flower), other times im into nakhla or starbuzz.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 03:58 AM
JillyIsJustKidding
Deleted Per User Request

I believe it is all self preference. In my opinion, its all about AF and Starbuzz
Old January 23rd, 2008, 05:59 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Send a message via MSN to dmcwebd

Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
its really hard to say exactly what brand is the best. some times im in love with al waha (after nine, orange cream, winter flower), other times im into nakhla or starbuzz.
how can you be in love with nahkla at any time
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:53 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmcwebd
Quote:
Originally Posted by daedra
how can you be in love with nahkla at any time
Hmmm going to have to question your title as "Da Shisha King" with a comment like that! LOL

I think taste is very subjective. There are some brands that offer flavors others don't, so if your found of say Pistachio you'll smoke Nakhla because they make it.

I do think some people have hidden motives for the brand of tobacco they like the most. Some are given shisha and in return sing it's praises in the forums. Some may even be related to or very good friends with a shisha maker or shop owner and will recommend their brand or products at every chance. You know the present day teacher's pet! LOL

Anyhow I would say I prefer the drier shishas like Nakhla and Pharaoh's. They aren't as heat sensitive as the goopey types and they produce tire fire thick smoke.

BTW I have tried 4 flavors of Hookah Freak. Blueberry Pancakes, Crazy Monkey, Snickerdoodle, and Tropical Explosion. Blueberry Pancakes and Snickerdoodle are really good, Crazy Monkey is pretty good, Tropical Explosion is decent. They all produce a good amount of smoke.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:05 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

lol.. good answer..

I know that nahkla is the most popular brand in the world.
And i know that some flavours of nahkla are quite good, for example i like the double apple alot.
Even though nahkla got some good flavours, i still cant understand how ppl can love it.

But well what can i say thats just my point of view :P
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:16 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
I do think some people have hidden motives for the brand of tobacco they like the most. Some are given shisha and in return sing it's praises in the forums. Some may even be related to or very good friends with a shisha maker or shop owner and will recommend thier brand or products at every chance. : You know the present day teacher's pet! LOL
who are you talking about? havent seen anyone plug a certain brand more than another myself.

best brand is subjective. some brands have better flavors compared to different brands. such as mint it is very widely made but many people including myself prefer al fakher mint. some people may say other brands have a better mint but again it all depends on your personal tastes. i smoke a few brands and everyone of them includes different flavors i enjoy more. the list is just of brands i have tried, i have not tried all their flavors so maybe i would like one if i tried it.

alright: nakhla, hookah freak, tonic, romman
dislike: layalina (so far nothing amazing just yet), al waha (didnt like my sample it was old)
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:31 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

Quote:
alright: nakhla, hookah freak, tonic, romman
dislike: layalina (so far nothing amazing just yet), al waha (didnt like my sample it was old)
alright: nahkla, afzal,
dislike: soex ( just one question: whats the point)

if nahkla was wet i'd love it.. as tropicana flavour is really nice.. but damm i cant handle the crap smoke
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:35 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Everybody will have a difference choice. Some enjoy certain brands for flavors, others for the ease of smoking, ect. Plus, many enjoy different flavors in different brands: Al Waha Vanilla is my number 1 vanilla, while SB & Pharaho's make the Best Peach IMO.

I enjoy: Al Fakher, Al Waha, Nakhla, Sahara, Layalina and Starbuzz.
I dislike: Hookah-Hookah (too short), Tangiers (too strong) and Soex (*shutter*).
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:50 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

[quote=boomhauer ]
Quote:
I do think some people have hidden motives for the brand of tobacco they like the most. Some are given shisha and in return sing it's praises in the forums. Some may even be related to or very good friends with a shisha maker or shop owner and will recommend thier brand or products at every chance. : You know the present day teacher's pet! LOL
who are you talking about? havent seen anyone plug a certain brand more than another myself.

boom I'm not going to name names because they will want a pissing match and I'm not about any of that crap. When you see a person who in every post needs to name drop. Like Mya is the best hookah ever, or I only smoke Tangiers or Starbuzz. It just gets old, I mean everyone has their opinions, but do they need to give them everytime they post?

Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:01 AM
dmcwebd
Vendor

[quote=Dunkel ]
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
Quote:

boom I'm not going to name names because they will want a pissing match and I'm not about any of that crap. When you see a person who in every post needs to name drop. Like Mya is the best hookah ever, or I only smoke Tangiers or Starbuzz. It just gets old, I mean everyone has their opinions, but do they need to give them everytime they post?

I dont really see the problem if ppl giving names of brands that they like.. and i dont get why ppl would get pissed about it either :
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:38 AM
Sambooka
Sambooka Jr.

... I know EXACTLY what Dunkel is talking about, and I completely agree!
Quote:
I do think some people have hidden motives for the brand of tobacco they like the most. Some are given shisha and in return sing it's praises in the forums. Some may even be related to or very good friends with a shisha maker or shop owner and will recommend their brand or products at every chance. You know the present day teacher's pet! LOL
-----

OK, onto my choices ...

All Time Favorite is Al Fakher Grape!
Really Like The Brands: Al Fakher, Starbuzz - most flavors by either manufacturer (I am not a big fan of the AF Strawberry though)
Here are a few I have tried that I really love ...
-Sahara Banana and Milk
-Hookah Freak Blueberry Pancake
-Hookah Hookah, Hazelnut, Butterscotch, and Key Lime Pie
-Fusion Banana
-Nakhla Sweet Melon, and Double Apple
-Romman Cola mixed with Romman Prunes (I think cola by itself would be pretty good!)
-Romman Lemon
Dislike: Tangiers (but I am going to give it another chance with some samples I received from one of the members here)

I may have some more later, I got a lot of samples to go through ... from members here, and samples I have ordered

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!
Old January 23rd, 2008, 10:52 AM
Sethanon
Hookah Newbie

Soex= some of the all time worst Sheesha... tabco and non tabco ever... I could probably make my own better then them... plus thier ingrediants are in pig latin... why?
Old January 23rd, 2008, 12:11 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Starbuzz is my favorite right now. The flavors are well pronounced, the clouds are very thick and it's easy to smoke.

Hookah Freak is good, the flavors are pretty good. The cut of the tobacco, however, makes the smoke thinner and also makes it impossible to be SB cloudy. Try the Blueberry Pancakes.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 06:19 PM
texashookah
**~ Supporting Vendor ~**

Has anyone here tried Fantasia tobacco, if so what do you think about it? I would really like to know.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:04 PM
Hajo Flettner
Hookah Legend

As this is basically the same issue raised on another recent thread i'll repeat my answer.

I guess what to smoke depends on what you like. If you basically want candy like tastes SB seems the way to go although lots of other candy like stuff is around that costs less. For natural fruit flavours layalina, AF, Al Amir and Tangiers Blueberry are great choices. If you like complex, bold fruit flavours Afzal is a good choice. For complex herbal/spice flavours you can't beat Afzal Pan. When you want subtle fruit flavours with complex after tastes Salloum is the way to go ( and cheap as well) while for natural honey flavours Al Waha and Hookah-Hookah are your best bets. In terms of natural licorice tastes (not the candy stuff or simply anise) AF's Ark Sous is wonderful whereas Afzal's Black Liqorice is better if you want a stronger, less complex taste.

In terms of natural tobacco tastes not much is around in the states. I'd suggest H-H Cavendish if you want something mellow and complicated. For full, heavy flavour Zaghloul is your best bet and and for something mid way between the two go with Salloum plain. Note that the methods for smoking these kinds of product is not the same as typical modern stuff but YOU SHOULD NOT PUT THE COALS DIRECTLY ON THE SHISHA!

Hope this helps.

I've never tried hookah freak so I can't say.

I've bought some Fantasia and my reviews are in the review section. While I like what i've tried has been excellent although a lot of the flavours are weird "mod" type stuff i'd not want to try. Texas Hookahs is a pretty good company in that they ship quickly and have good communications. The narghile selection is not at all to my tastes however.

Old January 23rd, 2008, 08:54 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah
Has anyone here tried Fantasia tobacco, if so what do you think about it? I would really like to know.
My best friend bought me a 200g jar of strawberry daiquiri and it was pretty damn good, however I'm not a huge fan of the fine cut shisha's. And even though fantasia is is pretty juicy, it doesn't "hold" the juice as well as a thicker cut shisha. So in my book its just "ok". And its a little on the pricy side for its quality. If I was going for something in that style I'd just get afzal and save a buck or two.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra

Quote:
Originally Posted by texashookah
i bought two 50g of fantasia. the white grape and the cosmopolitan. i havent tried it yet but it is VERY VERY VERY wet! and it does smell a bit like starbucks does (sweet candy smell). so far ive heard that fantasia isnt very good but i have to try it myself to see.
Old January 24th, 2008, 12:48 AM
abu ronin
Hookah Master

Send a message via Yahoo to abu ronin

hajo's right. this was discussed in another thread. Been seeing alot of that lately.
anyhow, if you like goopy, candyish contemorary stuff, SB, tonic,fusion is the way to go.
If like me,you preffer more traditional moassell, than AF, nahkla( I've found myself really coming back to this brand lately) and havana are the way to go.
Wanna keep it real? try some zahgloul.Hard to smoke at first but worth it!!

Old January 24th, 2008, 01:07 AM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

I've been a religious Starbuzz smoker since day one. Their flavors and smoke thickness is second to none in my opinion. I've tried several other "premium" shisha brands, and yet Starbuzz still holds the title of the best! My fellow smokers all say the same as well...
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:01 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookahMaster
I've been a religious Starbuzz smoker since day one. Their flavors and smoke thickness is second to none in my opinion. I've tried several other "premium" shisha brands, and yet Starbuzz still holds the title of the best! My fellow smokers all say the same as well...
I use about 2 250g tubs a month sometimes more if I get bored. That would be $40+- a month on tobacco. Which honestly doesn't seem like much hmm, now I'm starting to realize that this was a pointless post......maybe I'll start buying starbuzz.....damn....
Old January 24th, 2008, 03:57 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

I personally can't smoke Zhag, but my BF loves it mixed with the smallest amount of Mint. I have to try & get him some of the HH Cavendish, that sounds like something he might as he dislike ALL sweet (candy or fruit) flavors of tobacco. (thus why I often smoke alone)
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:00 PM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishdrftr
Quote:
I use about 2 250g tubs a month sometimes more if I get bored. That would be $40+- a month on tobacco. Which honestly doesn't seem like much hmm, now I'm starting to realize that this was a pointless post......maybe I'll start buying starbuzz.....damn....
LOL, I'm not sure who's funnier.... (bad sammn, bad - stop derailing topics)
Old January 24th, 2008, 04:17 PM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer

Quote:
Quote:
why spend 40 when you can spend 50 (before shipping heh) and get three 250g tins =o. or buy from the hookah and get 2 tins at 39 dollars NOT 40 *insert scary music here*
Old January 24th, 2008, 07:44 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomhauer
Quote:
Quote:
why spend 40 when you can spend 50 (before shipping heh) and get three 250g tins =o. or buy from the hookah and get 2 tins at 39 dollars NOT 40 *insert scary music here*
well typically I'm broke enough to spend $40 over the whole month on tobacco. about $20 a paycheck MAYBE. So I'd never actually have $50 at one time. But I guess I could get that little extra for three tins.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook