Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Some hookah Q&A

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 17th, 2010, 02:19 PM
fedex
Hookah Newbie

Default Some hookah Q&A

Hey everyone! New member here and in honor of my joining, I bring you:

Lots of questions..

I've been smoking hookah for a while now, but never got into the nitty-gritty of it until now. I went to a hookah bar last night and noticed several things.

1. Tough pull - Was the airflow restricted b/c of too few holes in the foil?

2. Smokey Bowl - The instant I stopped pulling, a puff of smoke would exit the top of the bowl, was the tobacco burning?

3. Harshness - The hookah guy wasn't that great, and I think burned the tobacco. It was fine for about 15-20, but when he added some more coals, it started to tickle my throat,to the point where I had to stop smoking it. Is this what a burnt bowl does, or have I just taken too much time off of smoking?

4. My first hookah =] Tell me what you think of the looks and the Temsaah in general.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/muti_du..._4506_prd1.htm

Thanks,
David
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:30 PM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Default Re: Some hookah Q&A

Restriction on the pull can be related to a number of things, improper packing, loose foil, to few holes, small hose gauge, bad grommet take your pick

Not necessarily burning, but in all likelihood the answer is yes, sometime this can occur even with a well set up rig and bowl, but it seems like it was being burnt to me,did it taste like sweet death?

No the attendant is clearly no expert, that a clear sign of far to much heat, some tobaccos when smoked properly can still create the aforementioned "tickle" this just sounds like he was pretty bad at his job, next time self serve and when it get hot like that pop off a coal and purge the hookah

Looks really, nice, love the base...really good first hookah enjoy it, happy smoking
Old February 17th, 2010, 02:48 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: Some hookah Q&A

Quote:
Originally Posted by fedex View Post
Hey everyone! New member here and in honor of my joining, I bring you:

Lots of questions..

I've been smoking hookah for a while now, but never got into the nitty-gritty of it until now. I went to a hookah bar last night and noticed several things.

1. Tough pull - Was the airflow restricted b/c of too few holes in the foil?

2. Smokey Bowl - The instant I stopped pulling, a puff of smoke would exit the top of the bowl, was the tobacco burning?

3. Harshness - The hookah guy wasn't that great, and I think burned the tobacco. It was fine for about 15-20, but when he added some more coals, it started to tickle my throat,to the point where I had to stop smoking it. Is this what a burnt bowl does, or have I just taken too much time off of smoking?

4. My first hookah =] Tell me what you think of the looks and the Temsaah in general.

http://www.hookahcompany.com/muti_du..._4506_prd1.htm

Thanks,
David
Sup dave
1. As previously stated there are many reasons that cause restriction. If you really want to sleuth it out you can take a draw from ever single thing of your hookah, your draw is only as wide as your smallest hole.
2. Not necessarily, this happens when the bowl is generally hot. But it usually does tell you when it's getting a bit too hot.
3. Probably burnt. after ~20 mins if you're getting less smoke just use a windcover.
4. Some temsaahs don't have a good 'flow' in terms of design imo. This one though, is very nice, and the vase looks great with it. Never had a temsaah but I hear that they are solid smokers.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook