Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu
   

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Starter hookah

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:39 PM
Ecuarican's Avatar
Ecuarican
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13
Default Starter hookah

I just bought my first hookah from www.hookahhub.com. Has anyone bought from them before? Any reviews? Did I make a good choice?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:50 PM
Black_Mamba's Avatar
Black_Mamba
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 579
Default Re: Starter hookah

Hmm

I have never heard of the vendor (but that might just be me)

Also, you didn't say which hookah you bought, or how much it cost, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Sambooka's Avatar
Sambooka
Status: Offline
Sambooka Jr.


 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 13,856
Default Re: Starter hookah

Yeah I've heard of them .. they sell Sahara Smoke hookahs. I think you made a good choice for an entry hookah. Hope you learn a lot here, be sure to check out the search cuz I bet the answers you are looking for are out there! If you need specific help, don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers!
__________________

http://www.hookahpro.com - Hookah Pro Community - Hookah Forum
~Favorite Hookah~ Khalil Mamoon Amer .. (she leans, so I call her Eileen)
~Favorite Setup~ Egyptian Hookah, Vortex Bowl, Natural Coals (Exotica or Coconara)
~Current Flavor Favorites~ Ayam Zaman 1001 Nights, Hookah Freak Spiced Apple Cider, Starbuzz White Peach
Nakhla Double Apple, Nakhla Earl Grey, Nakhla Sweet Melon, Nakhla Cinnamon, Nakhla Cardamom, Nakhla Fakhfakhina Mixed Fruit, Nakhla El Basha Grape
Al Fakher Mint, Al Fakher Orange, Al Fakher Cinnamon
HookahPro.com .. powered by Elites!

Last edited by Sambooka; February 19th, 2010 at 01:57 PM. Reason: I can't comment on their service, I have no ordering experience with them.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old February 19th, 2010, 01:53 PM
CaptHowdy's Avatar
CaptHowdy
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: Starter hookah

HA! I tried to order from them. Spent 1 1/2 weeks waiting for my order to be processed and it never was. I asked for a refund and got it. To make it up they gave me a 10% coupon which I havent used. Bad service! They will not be getting an order from me ever again.
__________________
My Videos
Favorite Tobacco: Desi Murli, Salloum, Cleopatra, Nakhla, Afzal
Favorite Rigs: Syrian Glyph, KM Silk Butterfly, KM Carnival, KM Kafe, SS Czar, Mini MYA
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old February 19th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Black_Mamba's Avatar
Black_Mamba
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 579
Default Re: Starter hookah

Well considering what Sam and CaptHowdy said:

SS hookahs seem to be a pretty good choice, especially if it is your first hookah. No need to go spending a mint right away. And hopefully you won't get an experience like CaptHowdy.

Welcome to the community!
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:46 PM
hookahhub
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stateboro, Georgia
Posts: 27
Smile Re: Starter hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
HA! I tried to order from them. Spent 1 1/2 weeks waiting for my order to be processed and it never was. I asked for a refund and got it. To make it up they gave me a 10% coupon which I havent used. Bad service! They will not be getting an order from me ever again.
I'm very sorry to hear of our unacceptable and unusual shipping delay with your order. As you can see from this post it's not the norm. Also I'm happy to hear that we fully refunded your order and gave you a 10% coupon.

However this is obviously not to your satisfaction and I would like to fix that. To show you our commitment to service I would like to send you a free Zen hookah pipe 100% at our cost.

Just let me know the color and the HookaH HookaH 50g flavor you want and we'll ship your package out for free next week. I hope this is to your satisfaction.

We're closed in less than 2 hours so any replies from me will have to be on Monday the 22nd, thanks. Have a great weekend everyone
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old February 19th, 2010, 06:48 PM
hookahhub
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stateboro, Georgia
Posts: 27
Default Re: Starter hookah

Sorry I almost forgot, welcome to HP Ecuarican :-)
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:18 PM
21234rick
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 7
Default Re: Starter hookah

I am pretty new and I never post but i just want to say that i am very impressed with how Hookahhub is trying to make things right. Well done.

I had planned to order some shisha this weekend from another vendor but instead i will be ordering from hookahhub.com. i will let everyone know how it goes.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:22 PM
kurlz's Avatar
kurlz
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 152
Default Re: Starter hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahhub View Post
I'm very sorry to hear of our unacceptable and unusual shipping delay with your order. As you can see from this post it's not the norm. Also I'm happy to hear that we fully refunded your order and gave you a 10% coupon.

However this is obviously not to your satisfaction and I would like to fix that. To show you our commitment to service I would like to send you a free Zen hookah pipe 100% at our cost.

Just let me know the color and the HookaH HookaH 50g flavor you want and we'll ship your package out for free next week. I hope this is to your satisfaction.

We're closed in less than 2 hours so any replies from me will have to be on Monday the 22nd, thanks. Have a great weekend everyone
That's pretty cool.

I had never heard of hh.com either. Customer service looks to be pretty good though. Anyways, hope you enjoy your rig and welcome to HP!
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:46 PM
HOOKAH JOK3R's Avatar
HOOKAH JOK3R
Status: Offline
Hookah Nut
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Radford, Virginia
Posts: 337
Default Re: Starter hookah

yea they have decent hookahs. congrats on your first hookah!!
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old February 19th, 2010, 10:48 PM
Ecuarican's Avatar
Ecuarican
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 13
Default Re: Starter hookah

Thanks for the welcome people. I will def let you guys know how my experience with hh.com went. Can't wait.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old February 20th, 2010, 05:32 PM
CaptHowdy's Avatar
CaptHowdy
Status: Offline
Hookah Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 1,159
Default Re: Starter hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahhub View Post
I'm very sorry to hear of our unacceptable and unusual shipping delay with your order. As you can see from this post it's not the norm. Also I'm happy to hear that we fully refunded your order and gave you a 10% coupon.

However this is obviously not to your satisfaction and I would like to fix that. To show you our commitment to service I would like to send you a free Zen hookah pipe 100% at our cost.

Just let me know the color and the HookaH HookaH 50g flavor you want and we'll ship your package out for free next week. I hope this is to your satisfaction.

We're closed in less than 2 hours so any replies from me will have to be on Monday the 22nd, thanks. Have a great weekend everyone
Thank you for the offer. I sent you a message and will take you up on it. Will be sure to do a vendor review when it gets in.
__________________
My Videos
Favorite Tobacco: Desi Murli, Salloum, Cleopatra, Nakhla, Afzal
Favorite Rigs: Syrian Glyph, KM Silk Butterfly, KM Carnival, KM Kafe, SS Czar, Mini MYA
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old February 23rd, 2010, 01:56 PM
hookahhub
Status: Offline
Vendor
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Stateboro, Georgia
Posts: 27
Smile Re: Starter hookah

CaptHowdy,

As promised we've shipped your free Zen hookah plus we were able to get it out yesterday via FedEx 2nd Day. I've just sent you your tracking number for your convenience. Your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Wednesday 24th). Please let me know if anything doesn't arrive to your satisfaction. Thank you and have a great day CaptHowdy.


Paul Cavalier | HookahHub.com
1-888-212-7377
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old April 6th, 2010, 10:27 AM
fijiman
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Thumbs down Re: Starter hookah

I also ordered my first hookah on 3/29 at 10am. The website says it takes 3 days to process. I submitted a ticket on support site and I get an email from David telling me to read the shipping info. It's been 6 working days and it still says order "Processed" and there is no shipping info.

I ordered from HH because their site seemed very informative and professional looking. Also the testimonials very quite raving. No I have my doubts and not sure if I want to continue to order from them.

Paul, hopefully you can look into this.

Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hookahhub View Post
CaptHowdy,

As promised we've shipped your free Zen hookah plus we were able to get it out yesterday via FedEx 2nd Day. I've just sent you your tracking number for your convenience. Your package is scheduled for delivery tomorrow (Wednesday 24th). Please let me know if anything doesn't arrive to your satisfaction. Thank you and have a great day CaptHowdy.


Paul Cavalier | HookahHub.com
1-888-212-7377
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old April 6th, 2010, 02:46 PM
iMaD's Avatar
iMaD
Status: Offline
Hookah Pro
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Outside Chicago
Posts: 560
Default Re: Starter hookah

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Thank you for the offer. I sent you a message and will take you up on it. Will be sure to do a vendor review when it gets in.
LOL..a pumpkin hookah ! Not a bad way to make up for the lack of service I picked up one of these at the local store over the W/E for $9.99 and I kind of like it. Its not exactly a Syrian but works nice as a table top when I'm doing some work on my PC or when I go out on picnics. Make sure you add ice to the base to cool down the smoke since it has a very short stem.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old April 19th, 2010, 10:31 AM
fijiman
Status: Offline
Hookah Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 2
Default Re: Starter hookah

I got my hookah and it was great!! Thanks for the good service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fijiman View Post
I also ordered my first hookah on 3/29 at 10am. The website says it takes 3 days to process. I submitted a ticket on support site and I get an email from David telling me to read the shipping info. It's been 6 working days and it still says order "Processed" and there is no shipping info.

I ordered from HH because their site seemed very informative and professional looking. Also the testimonials very quite raving. No I have my doubts and not sure if I want to continue to order from them.

Paul, hopefully you can look into this.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New, very cheap starter hookah. DanyalAkkaya Hookah Discussion 8 October 13th, 2009 06:22 PM
starter pack MAD_HATTER General Yada-Yada 9 April 11th, 2009 05:27 PM
Hookah Starter Project texashookah Hookah Discussion 31 April 3rd, 2009 08:49 AM
looking for a starter pack ohiohotboy Hookah Discussion 14 January 22nd, 2009 11:26 AM
Starter Pack... deadlysmoker Hookah Discussion 14 July 3rd, 2008 05:50 PM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:10 AM.

Skin Design By vBSkinworks



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.6
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2007 - 2012, Hookah Pro Inc.