Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nahkla and Tangiers

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old February 24th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Hookah951
Hookah Nut

Default Nahkla and Tangiers

I am wondering if it is worth trying I have never tried it before. What should I expect while smoking it. Let me know I have been really wanting to try it just want to know some stuff before I pick it up

Brandon
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:51 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Nahkla and Tangiers

Tangiers is the best in my opinion almost no stems vary juice and when you get it to smoke rite its the best smoke you will ever have. Nahkla is dryer and more tradishional lots of stems but it does taste good.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:52 PM
flutterbi
Hookah Nut

well what kind of flavors do you like? well anyway as for tangiers go for their blue gumball, new lime, maricino cherry, peachtea, mimon, Horchata, blue gumball, brambelberry, schnozzberry. those are the ones that i've heard good things about.
As for Nakala theres alot of great flavors too, Basha grape, fakhfakina mixedfruits, i love doubleapple but it taists more of anise just so you know, sweetmelon, and pretty much any of the mizo line.
Well hun hopes that helps Oh another shisha that is awsome is Salloum their watermelon is one of the most realistic taisting and the peach, the apple that starts with a b hardly has any anise at all i've heard that the mango, plane, and mint are very good also so theres a good start. you can find Salloum at Hookah1.com

Last edited by flutterbi; February 24th, 2010 at 09:23 PM.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Tangiers is horrible. If you want to spend money on a tobacco that you have to try and acclimate and hope that it does. Then if it doesnt you ahve to throw it away cause its trash. Then go for it. I have spent money and trashed it. Although i have a buddy who swears by it, but i think i have him turning to the dark side..The god that is NAKHLA! LOL.

I only smoke Nakhla. Great Flavor, and very consistant with every flavor i have had. It doesnt require any finesse or any type of acclimation or extra stuff to get it to smoke right, unlike tangiers.

However, this is just my take and opinion on things.
Old February 24th, 2010, 08:59 PM
Raid3n
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to Raid3n

Both brands, unless you get the Lucrid Tangiers are unwashed tobaccos. Unwashed tobacco has a higher nicotine content, so if you do try it expect a much bigger buzz than normal, and one that will probably floor you as well so expect to be staying on the couch for awhile during and after. Nahkla is probably the one you want to try first because not only to they come in 50 gram boxes, but they also MOST TIMES don't require extra care before smoking.

Tangiers requires you let it sit out in the open for something like 4 hours for it to acclimate and when smoking you really have to keep an eye on the heat management.

So in other words get a few 50 gram boxes of Nahkla and see if you can handle smoking it. If you can work your way up to Tangiers, that is where the work is most times worth the extra effort you put into it
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:52 PM
BobMarley
Hookah Guru

They're both excellent but to each their own, some people will only smoke stuff like Starbuzz because that's what their taste is. I personally love both of the ones mentioned.
Old February 24th, 2010, 09:58 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayter View Post
Tangiers is horrible. If you want to spend money on a tobacco that you have to try and acclimate and hope that it does. Then if it doesnt you ahve to throw it away cause its trash. Then go for it. I have spent money and trashed it. Although i have a buddy who swears by it, but i think i have him turning to the dark side..The god that is NAKHLA! LOL.

I only smoke Nakhla. Great Flavor, and very consistant with every flavor i have had. It doesnt require any finesse or any type of acclimation or extra stuff to get it to smoke right, unlike tangiers.

However, this is just my take and opinion on things.
and the player hater award goes to... hayter HATE HATE HATE. ive personally never had a problem with it and ive been smoking it for maybe 2 years.the longest ive had to wait was almost 2 days but that was probably because it was really dry out then a huge summer storm rolled through. personally i think nak isnt worth it, it doesnt last nearly as long, it came pretty much bone dry and coconut tasted like puke.
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:43 PM
Hookah951
Hookah Nut

Thanks guys I really appreciate it
Old February 24th, 2010, 10:46 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnuworldorder View Post
and the player hater award goes to... hayter HATE HATE HATE. ive personally never had a problem with it and ive been smoking it for maybe 2 years.the longest ive had to wait was almost 2 days but that was probably because it was really dry out then a huge summer storm rolled through. personally i think nak isnt worth it, it doesnt last nearly as long, it came pretty much bone dry and coconut tasted like puke.
Im with you on that. I bought into all the hype with Nahkla. But in the end for me way to dry and i can have tangiers smoke for hours and hours. Its hard to find a bad flavor with tangiers. It just takes time to get used to how to take care of it.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:06 PM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

I'm with Hayter, and I'm not hating, I feel that I gave tangiers a fair "assessment" with multiple flavors, and after losing around $100 on touchy acclimation (I mean honestly, one flavor came through after about 6 months of it sitting in the drawer, most others were the best bbq smelling flavors ever) I pretty much gave up and moved on, there are still some flavors I'd like to try and more than likely will, but it's definitely not a smoker friendly shisha.

I'm not a nakhla whore, but I love the stuff, it's one of those what you see is what you get, it is dry, ok, then what? It still smokes and maintains the flavor far longer into the session than most other brands, the flavor is there and isn't mild either, it's alot more consistent with the batches, you'll seldom get the usual "oh wtf happened with this flavor, it tasted so good last year" that you get with other brands, it takes heat like a champ. IMO (well other than the buzz) it's a perfect beginner shisha, at least alot more enjoyable and forgiving.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:13 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

I've smoked both tangiers noir and nakhlah now. i'll agree that nak is drier, but i didn't notice that it was TOO dry. I'm loving the nak right now, and if you're worried that it's too dry, give mizo a try, it's apparently wetter than the normal nak. With that said, i've also tried tangiers, and I can't say i'm a huge fan. the whole acclimation process kinda gets me because I let mine sit out in 4 hour snipets to no avail, it still smells like burnt BBQ, and the one flavor that I did get to acclimate (for all of a day), really didn't taste good when we smoked it. I'll stick to my nak/AF/SB thanks
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:21 PM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Tangiers works exceptionally well in most regards for me, not mixed fruit flavors though. Nakhla is great- but not even 1/2 the variety, flavor strength, longevity or support of American based business as Tangiers tobacco is.

Tangiers non-mixed fruit flavors require no acclimation from me and are perfect all the time.
Old February 24th, 2010, 11:31 PM
gnuworldorder
Banned

i have no clue how it didnt do anything after 6 months. i opened mine put it in a shallow container left it under my bed and went to class and work. came back everything is fine except blue gumball but im pretty sure it will smoke fine because it smells bgb always smells weird
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:50 AM
Hookah951
Hookah Nut

And also what is the difference between the regular tangiers and lucid
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:52 AM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Lucid is a lower nicotine version and doesn't require acclimation.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:53 AM
SonOfGram
Hookah Aficionado

Lucid is washed, mild to no buzz and no acclimation, though in my experience it varies.

BTW I wasn't bad mouthing tangiers, I know plenty of people who have had nothing but positive results, I was merely stating my, not so great, go at it.
Old February 25th, 2010, 12:55 AM
Hookah951
Hookah Nut

Ok thanks flippy and do you have to pack it in your bowl a certian way. I use the vortex bowl
Old February 25th, 2010, 01:13 AM
Jride
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Jride

Tangiers > Nakhla

I decided never to believe the Nak Hype on this site. Some people like more traditional tobacco and such, I seriously cant stand it.

Anyways, Tangiers is probably the best smoke I've ever had (When done right). I hope to pick up some more soon
Old February 25th, 2010, 04:40 AM
omgheyitskenny
Hookah Nut

Lol at all the Tangiers fan boys. No I do not bash on tangiers and yes I smoke Nakhla and not because of the hype.

try some salloum man =]
Old February 25th, 2010, 04:55 AM
Hookah951
Hookah Nut

I'm gonna pick up some lucid what are the good flavors. And do you pack the bowl the same as other tobacco or is there a certian way to do it
Old February 25th, 2010, 05:01 AM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

I haven't tried Tangiers yet but I've tried Nakhla for the first time this month.
Mizo Grape, Sweet Melon and Mango were all pretty damn awesome. Gives you a strong buzz though if you're not yet a "seasoned" smoker like myself.

Out of the 3 I love mango the most. I think I'll buy 250g of that or make a kilo if they have
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:13 AM
gnuworldorder
Banned

every tangiers v nakhla thread boils down to this:

Old February 25th, 2010, 09:22 AM
HookahWaffle
Deleted Per User Request

All playa hatin' aside,

I smoke both. I've probably got 5KG of Nakhla and 3KG of Tangiers on hand, both of which are fantastic. I've never had an issue with either. (The exception being Tangiers Brambleberry, but the overwhelming vote is that the flavor just sucks ballsack)

Tangiers needs to acclimate if you live in a very Dry or very Damp climate, but other than that I've never let it sit out for more than an hour or two in my Apartment, maybe a bit longer during the summer.

Both brands require a bit more experience with heat management than say Starbuzz, JM, or the more "Modern" brands.

Both brands have a higher nicotine content than the aforementioned modern brands, and I usually dont recommend using them for first time smokers. Once you switch over to either one however, there's no going back.

Nakhla I use for more traditional single fruit flavors, Tangiers I love for Erics unique flavors (like Cherry or Mimon, Summer Solstice is sex in a bag), and they're all wonderful.

Post Script : Nakhla Mizo Mint is a minty ballkick that should be in everyone's stash. Get it!
Old February 25th, 2010, 09:25 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Tried both and not a fan of Tangiers Noir, still want to try the Lucid line. I like Nakhla for the traditional aspect of it. Been leaning more towards traditional stuff taste wise. I say you pass on both of these and get some Salloum or Desi Murli! Based on Madwolf and gang you can't go wrong with them. Hope to be able to tell you that for sure Friday!
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old February 25th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Special K
Hookah Nut

I'm a big tangiers fan. never had any issues with it. It's low heat shsiha, so where Nakhla, AF, etc require 3 coals, I only need 2 with Tangiers.

Flavors are great, buzz is great. If anyone around Houston wants to smoke some who hasn't tried or wants to try again, lemme know!
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook