Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Meh Bowl

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 27th, 2008, 12:31 AM
brockjohnson
Hookah Newbie

Default Meh Bowl

So this morning, I had a competition and decided I would have a bowl of vanilla mint. I wash the bowl in the sink, drop it about 2 inches and breaks.

If this has happened to you when you are in "need", you know what I was feeling...

If you haven't, I'm sure you could imagine.

Anyway, my girlfriend picked up a bowl. Tall egyptian with a 15-20 gram bowl (what can I say, she likes to smoke for hours ). Anyway, the end that goes on the bowl grommet is too small but it is clay.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a safe way to file it down a bit so it might fit a bit snugger. It fits and works, but I'm still kinda wanting a fully secure bowl.

Any suggestions?

thx brock
Old January 27th, 2008, 01:26 AM
sammniamii
Hookah Guru

Default Re: Meh Bowl

So, the bowl won't work w/ your grommet, right? Either get a smaller/thinner grommet or use some damp papertowel/newpaper and make your own grommet.

I have several narrow mouthed bowls and I end up using this trick with them. If it's still wobbly, wrap some foil around the bowl to give it some extra support.

And you think 15-20 grams is large? LOL - you've never seen a phunnel? I could pack an entire 50g box of tobacco into one with room to spare! Most of the bowls I currently own use atleast 20g-35g, if not more. But I LOVE to smoke ATLEAST 1hr-20min to 3 hours off a single session.

Good luck... if you file the bowl down, take care - you may weaken it too much and it may just break.
Old January 27th, 2008, 07:26 AM
Dunkel
Bad Motherf^&*er!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockjohnson
So this morning, I had a competition and decided I would have a bowl of vanilla mint. I wash the bowl in the sink, drop it about 2 inches and breaks.

If this has happened to you when you are in "need", you know what I was feeling...

If you haven't, I'm sure you could imagine.

Anyway, my girlfriend picked up a bowl. Tall egyptian with a 15-20 gram bowl (what can I say, she likes to smoke for hours ). Anyway, the end that goes on the bowl grommet is too small but it is clay.

I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of a safe way to file it down a bit so it might fit a bit snugger. It fits and works, but I'm still kinda wanting a fully secure bowl.

Any suggestions?

thx brock
See that vegetarian diet has made you so weak you can't hold a bowl! LOL
Old January 27th, 2008, 03:46 PM
brockjohnson
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dunkel
See that vegetarian diet has made you so weak you can't hold a bowl! LOL
shuddap!!! it was more like it was 5 in the morning, shaking, needing a slight nicotene fix. Hookahs have "replaced" cigarettes for me.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook