Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Fixing Funnel Bowls

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 1st, 2010, 02:12 AM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

Default Fixing Funnel Bowls

Hey guys so i have a small tangiers funnel bowl and no matter what type of aluminum or how many layers i use i still get the foil sucked down. I even poke different amounts of holes to see if that helps, poking one in the middle does help but i dont prefer it so i was considering sanding down the spire just a hair. Hopefully that will leave enough space so i can get the same amount of shisha in it without the foil sagging down onto the spire. It just gets annoying trying to fix it while smoking, it does this even with electrical tape wrapped around it, i think my funnel bowls spire is just a hair too high. What do you guys thinks?

Thanks
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:32 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Default Re: Fixing Funnel Bowls

have you tried using the paper clip mod
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:33 AM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

nope i cant find out where to do that at anywhere! do u have a link?
Old March 1st, 2010, 02:57 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showt...unnel+bowl+mod

try that

and the paper clip mod is just making a V shape and bending the tips of the V so it can hang on to the spire... basically same thing as the link above but with a paper clip lmao..

hope this helped
Old March 1st, 2010, 03:09 AM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

o ok sweet thanks that should work great! good thing i only sanded down practically nothing haha cant even tell i touched it
Old March 1st, 2010, 03:29 AM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

I hope you can find a solution. I still don't get why this happens, I've had 2 chinese funnels and now currently using a tangiers funnel and when using any of the 3 my foil would actually puff out/upward a bit when taking puffs. This is with no mods, just straight funnel, shisha and foil.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:30 AM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

let me know if it worked out man..
Old March 1st, 2010, 06:33 AM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hookah Newb View Post
I hope you can find a solution. I still don't get why this happens, I've had 2 chinese funnels and now currently using a tangiers funnel and when using any of the 3 my foil would actually puff out/upward a bit when taking puffs. This is with no mods, just straight funnel, shisha and foil.
Hmmm Foil Puffing up or out will only say that someone is blowing into the hose. could be after taking a hit when the water moves back up the stem to the level in the vase that could cause this blowing action. Also the foil must be pulled tight try what Patelboy2006 does he tapes his foil around the stem of the funnel to hold it tight.
Old March 1st, 2010, 07:08 AM
BuzzHookah
Hookah Pro

Here is the best sollution/Mod out there. I have tried any and all methods and noting works as easily or efficiently as this. Go get a bottle of champagne. Take the cage off the cork and place to the side. Pour yourself a glass of bubbly and enjoy. Take the cage and something as simple as a good nail clipper but a wire cutter works best. remove the part of the cage that twists (the part at the bottom) This will leave you with 4 legs joined by the top circle. Grab your bowl and place the cage in the bowl over the spire, and est where you would need to clip for it to be just slightly above the rim. Clips your legs and modify until each is the perfect height. Once you pack your bowl simply push your new mod over the spire thru the shisha to the bottom of the bowl. NO matter how much coal or foil you put on the the hole will never get covered. Best mod of all time
Old March 1st, 2010, 12:05 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

thanks guys! well i tried the mod you linked me mad_hatter and i got it all fitted right just have yet to try it out but ill let you guys know once i do! hopefully later today
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:24 PM
flippy
Hookah Enthusiast

Binder clips FTW, however I will be ordering a Vortex bowl soon so I won't have to worry about that anymore.
Old March 1st, 2010, 01:28 PM
anis14
Hookah Guru

I used the paperclip mod too and it works very well. However I did get a bit bored with having to do it every time I sent up a bowl so I just sanded the funnel a little bit. Now I have no problems at all with my Tangiers Phunnel and it smokes fantastic.
Hope you fix the problem
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:21 PM
Hookah Newb
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by glostersa View Post
Hmmm Foil Puffing up or out will only say that someone is blowing into the hose. could be after taking a hit when the water moves back up the stem to the level in the vase that could cause this blowing action. Also the foil must be pulled tight try what Patelboy2006 does he tapes his foil around the stem of the funnel to hold it tight.
Actually no, it puffs up/out when taking a drag/hit. I'd make a video but I'm not sure if it should be my first ever hookah vid lol

That champagne idea looks promising, I've read a bunch of times that the paper clip mod works well.

GL!
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:30 PM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Not to start anything, but I hear so many great things about Tangiers Phunnel Bowl, yet you have to mod it to get it to work. I have a Havana and have never had to mod it. I also have never had to mod a Vortex to get it to work either. Seems like too much work to enjoy a good smoke. This makes me rethink my wanting to purchase a Tangiers Phunnel. Seems like everything else Tangiers, takes too much work to get a good smoke and is either hit or miss.

Good luck with your mod though!
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:36 PM
Francine
Hookah Nut

I use heavy duty aluminum foil pulled really tight over the bowl. Never had a problem with it getting sucked down. I also poke a lot of holes in the foil.
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:40 PM
MAD_HATTER
Hookah Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by B4TheRush View Post
thanks guys! well i tried the mod you linked me mad_hatter and i got it all fitted right just have yet to try it out but ill let you guys know once i do! hopefully later today
WOOOT!
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:44 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

When i use my funnel i always use tape around the foil like Patelbadboy2006 shows in his video http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/video...s&videoid=1903
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:48 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

well guys i used 2 layers of regular foil with medium holes in a 3 row pattern, smoked some SB pomberry with the binder clip mod and it worked like a charm haha easiest pull ever and i was using a mini mya at the time. Smoked great for an hour so ill be sticking to this idea since i have no funnel haha and to wat capt howdy said i have a havanna as well and never had this problem but i will say the tangiers is much easier to use due to it fitting a regular grommet on any hookah. Thanks for the help guys!
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:49 PM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

*vortex... i have no vortex bowl haha
Old March 1st, 2010, 04:51 PM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
Not to start anything, but I hear so many great things about Tangiers Phunnel Bowl, yet you have to mod it to get it to work. I have a Havana and have never had to mod it. I also have never had to mod a Vortex to get it to work either. Seems like too much work to enjoy a good smoke. This makes me rethink my wanting to purchase a Tangiers Phunnel. Seems like everything else Tangiers, takes too much work to get a good smoke and is either hit or miss.

It really isn't about the brand here as any phunnel with a spire too high makes it difficult. I can use my tangiers phunnel with out binder clips or the likes and it works fine, you just have to get the foil tight.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:27 PM
MilwaukeeHookah
Hookah Nut

Quote:

I've had the opposite My havana only worked with the mods, my new tangiers works perfectly without the mods. But i think my havana may have just been terribly made, the bottom of the bowl was larger than 2 of the mod grommets stuck together.
Old March 1st, 2010, 05:38 PM
SMoKEY_82
Hookah Nut

I didnt have this problem with my phunnel bowl, i put one hole right thru the middle though and wrap the foil tightly this alone eliminates the foil sucking dilema for me.
Enjoy ur phunnel i freaking love it !
Old March 2nd, 2010, 01:09 AM
rgallego
Hookah Nut

Send a message via MSN to rgallego

My small tangiers bowl have never ever had this problem....

I don't need to make any mods to smoke out of it perfectly, on the other hand my havana bowl needs the clip mod in order to work properly...
Old March 2nd, 2010, 08:47 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarcity View Post
It really isn't about the brand here as any phunnel with a spire too high makes it difficult.
I know it isn't about the brand on this one. Just thought it was funny that Tangiers has so many problems from tobacco to accessories. Just a fluke with this one, maybe.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 2nd, 2010, 10:30 AM
zha28
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
I know it isn't about the brand on this one. Just thought it was funny that Tangiers has so many problems from tobacco to accessories. Just a fluke with this one, maybe.
They are hand made I suppose but I've never had a problem with my tangiers
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook