Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Good Hookah Bars in Boston?

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 4th, 2010, 01:12 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

Default Good Hookah Bars in Boston?

Hey everyone, I'm spending a weekend in Boston (a weekend from now - the 13/14) for an audition for a summer A Cappella group. With that said, my audition is satuday morning, and i'll hear about callbacks that night. I've been forewarned to not expect a callback (because it's my first year, the group doesn't take 1st year auditions cause they're afraid of a halfass etc.etc.) and was thinking about possibly going to a hookah bar that night. Anyone have a suggestion? anyone perhaps want to make this a mini-meetup?
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:21 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Default Re: Good Hookah Bars in Boston?

Im in NYC but frequent boston, i've enjoyed a few places there. Nile lounge on brighton ave is near a T stop. Habbibis on commonwealth is right in the hear of the city, might make more sense depending on where in boston you are staying since its smack dab in the middle and sheesha lounge on cambridge street. you should be able to google all these places for phone numbers and exact addresses. Just be aware boston is a great city and there is way more to do for night life besides hookah bars. Hookah bars are the same thing from city to city. they are great but not unique
Old March 4th, 2010, 01:25 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

it is tough though, being 18, I can't enjoy a lot of what the city has to offer. plus I don't want to go nuts because I will have to get up to go home the next day, and/or possibly sing at a callback
Old March 4th, 2010, 02:57 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeoalex View Post
it is tough though, being 18, I can't enjoy a lot of what the city has to offer. plus I don't want to go nuts because I will have to get up to go home the next day, and/or possibly sing at a callback
The 18+ scene is Boston is pretty lackluster seeing as Boston requires that most places with a liquor license are 21+ which drastically limited the options for the 18+s. If you feel like spending a mint you could snag a ticket to the Dropkick Murphys weekend St. Patty's day shows but it will cost you an arm and a leg and is hard to manage since you aren't in the city to pick them up. You can also check out the Middle East in Central Square for a cheaper alternative.
As for lounges Ariberns covered some of the better ones. Have a good time in the city.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:08 PM
oSPANNERo
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
The 18+ scene is Boston is pretty lackluster seeing as Boston requires that most places with a liquor license are 21+ which drastically limited the options for the 18+s. If you feel like spending a mint you could snag a ticket to the Dropkick Murphys weekend St. Patty's day shows but it will cost you an arm and a leg and is hard to manage since you aren't in the city to pick them up. You can also check out the Middle East in Central Square for a cheaper alternative.
As for lounges Ariberns covered some of the better ones. Have a good time in the city.
Dude! Def. catch the Dropkicks... be sure to check Craigslist if ticketmaster is sold out. Someone might even meet you "night of" at the venue.

As for hookah bars Habibi's (http://www.yelp.com/biz/habibis-lounge-boston) is really cool and "den of iniquity" esque but tends to be super packed later at night. Nile (http://www.yelp.com/biz/nile-lounge-allston) is litterally around the corner and a bit more "mod" or trendy. Both cost about $25 if you don't and any "extras" and serve AF as well as SB. Shisha lounge (http://www.yelp.com/biz/sheesha-lounge-allston) is a few blocks away, probably best as a cab ride but still only a few bucks, never been there but the reviews are pretty good.

Everything is pretty accessible by the T (subway/bus). Check out http://mbta.com/ , it has a trip calculator on the front page. You just put in start and end address as well as start time and it will give you your mass transit travel plan!
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:15 PM
CypherEnigma
Hookah Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by oSPANNERo View Post
Dude! Def. catch the Dropkicks... be sure to check Craigslist if ticketmaster is sold out. Someone might even meet you "night of" at the venue.
Ticketmaster was sold out months ago, I got my tickets in December and 4 of the 6 shows were sold out then already. Like I said negotiating on Craigslist is going to be difficult if you're out of the area at the time that you'd need to pick up, but "night of" might be negotiable.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Old March 4th, 2010, 05:58 PM
zeoalex
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by CypherEnigma View Post
my roomate got tickets off ebay and will be going. I won't be in the city during the weekend cause it's spring break and i'll be home (New york, just outside of the city), i'm stopping in the city on my way home from school (U New Hampshire) because there are tryouts for the Hyannis Sound (Professional A Cappella group) that weekend, i just figure that I won't be getting a callback, but will be spending the night just in case and would love to relax over some hookah the night after...and won't be bringing mine home for only a week.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook