Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Newbie Smoker

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
Codeman90
Hookah Nut

Exclamation Newbie Smoker

So i just got a hookah in the mail from ebay i bought for like $15. like 10". Its looks ok havent smoked from it or anything yet, gotta go to work. came with poke and puff bubblegum and starlight apple charcoal tabs. and i also have jewels strawberry i got for free from somewhere a while back. Anyway i dont have much money to spend on a hookah and this one is going to be my one im going to use for just me and my fiance. I'm looking for another hookah to use for kinda a party setting but me max of like 4 people. again dont have much money like at most $40-$50. so if you can help me find one thats better than the one i found that'd be much appriciated. Ebay hookah

that is the one im thinking of getting for a more than 2 person hookah. If anything better lemme know.

Also another is the shisha. so far a local shop i found sells al awar(i think thats right) for $7 for 50g which is kinda expensive. anyone know a cheaper way? also looking for a cheaper way to get tobacco-less i have friends that wanna smoke but dont want to use tobacco.

oh and coals i can get for like $4 for 10 quick light. if there is cheaper online would also like to know.

thanks in advance

Last edited by Codeman90; March 5th, 2010 at 05:04 PM.
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:34 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

Default Re: Newbie Smoker

You might need to spend a little more then that to get a good two hose hookah. One more tip its always good to order from a vendor the have discount codes and you can always call if theres a problem with you order. Best of luck finding what you need.
Old March 5th, 2010, 05:55 PM
Hayter
Hookah Guru

Look around the web sites. You may be surprised at the hookahs you can find. There may be some MZ type hookahs or some type type of knock off that my work for you. I dont know where you are located. However, I know that there is a smoke shop in anahiem Ca. that has nice loloking egytians for about 45 bucks. They are KM copies.
Old March 5th, 2010, 11:54 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Btw Welcome to Hookahpro if you give your location I am sure the members can advise you better as to what to get and where
Old March 6th, 2010, 01:09 AM
Codeman90
Hookah Nut

Im in the Oklahoma city area. I know of only like one local shop called fatt heds that ive been to once. If there is any other local shops please let me know. But i was at work this whole time and then once i got off went and attempted my first smoke with the hookah. Complete Failure. i didnt have any aluminum foil and everything is closed near by. So we just decided to try the poke and puff bubble gum. so i poked alot of holes on the top of it and went fully threw it put in bowl(which it didnt really fit very well at all). got my starlight apple coal, lit it till it was white all around. and put it on top of it and waited 5 minutes. took a puff nothing. every minute or so kept taking a puff but none to hardly any smoke. move the coal around for a little bit different areas. still hardly and smoke. after about 30 minutes i guess i found a good spot or something and finally got some decent clouds. but that only lasted for like 10 minutes then went back to nothing. i think after that 10 minutes i got possible one or 2 minutes of ok clouds and then nothing again until about an hour and 15 minutes into it and the coal was to small to do anything so i gave up. So im guessing its the coals fault i dont really know. or it could possible be both the poke and puff and the coals fault since the poke and puff didnt fit very well and was not even with the top of the bowl at all. so im guessing it was just those to and tomorrow im just going to use the jewels strawberry and see how that works out.
Old March 6th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Codeman90
Hookah Nut

Oh and the hookah i bought was from a vendor i guess you could say, Hookahset.com, just threw there ebay account.

Hookah i purchased
Old March 6th, 2010, 12:54 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Try the following with the Jewels Tobacco:

Sprinkel in the bowl to Just under the rim Foil and poke the holes with a toothpick through the tobacco. about 12 holes all the way to the bottom of the bowl make circle with about 4 in the middle
Make sure the Bowl Grommet is in place and the bearing is in the purge valve and not sticking open. Place two fully lit lemon coals on the edge of the Bowl and give it about 4 minutes to warm then smoke.

Hope it Helps
Old March 6th, 2010, 07:47 PM
Codeman90
Hookah Nut

Also need some decent coals that are cheap I've seen many different ones but just dunno which to get.
Old March 8th, 2010, 05:48 PM
Codeman90
Hookah Nut

thanks for the advice glostersa, amazing smoke with the jewels tobacco. oh and i found some decent coals and everything so dont need to worry about those anymore. right now im just trying to find a decent local store or a vendor online to buy some shisha and ill be set. i do like the jewels so imma try getting more of that and on my next paycheck imma try some higher quality brands. Also i bought a 24inch 2 hose mya hookah. just waiting for it to arrive. i think after that the only thing i really wanna get is new hoses cause i seen some pretty sweet hoses...thanks for the help HP you guys have helped alot glad i joined

EDIT: oh and im trying to find a stem brush for the 24 inch since its not coming with one already.

Last edited by Codeman90; March 8th, 2010 at 05:51 PM.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook