Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

new to hookah..

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 8th, 2010, 08:15 PM
hatchcrap
Banned

Default new to hookah..

hey folks im new to hookah, in fact still waiting for my hookah to get here. was hoping you great folks could point me in the direction of what brands,flavors etc to try...i would prolly tend to lean towards fruity and sweet. what brands tend to be consistent? who has accurate flavors?...educate me please
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:17 PM
manjaco
Hookah Aficionado

Default Re: new to hookah..

If you like sweet stuff Starbuzz is the way to go. SB Blue Mist, Citrus Mist, and Safari Melon Dew are all really good IMO and are very sweet.
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:21 PM
ObsoleteE
Hookah Nut

I smoke strawberry 99% of the time. Al Fakher is a very good brand IMO, the tobacco is very flavorful and wet. It is cut very fine and I rarely find a stem.I also smoke Nakhla which is on the lower end quality wise. A bit dry compared to Al Fakher, more rough cut with plenty of stems mixed in. What I do is buy equal amounts of both and mix them together. After doing so, the flavor is great and the extra wetness soaks into the cheaper tobacco to create a mix that is just right. As for coals I use starlight instant light coals. They burn evenly and hot and are easy to light. Good luck!
Old March 8th, 2010, 08:24 PM
cmoreno14
Hookah Nut

starbuzz is a very good brand when it comes to the sweet candy flavours, aswell as al fakher, nakhla is good if you can handle the buzz aswell. plus side of nak though is its like half the price of the other two
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:15 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

Everyone new should have starbuzz blue mist, you will develop other tastes eventually but blue mist is a great one to begin with. It's a flavorful blueberry with a hint of mint
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Rob416
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to Rob416

yup you pointing toward Starbuzz, then Al Fakher, Then Hookah Hookah Then Nakhla. I suggest really just going on line an make a decent order and order a few flavors of various brands and see what tickles your fancy
Old March 8th, 2010, 10:31 PM
ariberns
Hookah Master

When I first started unwashed tobacco like nhakla, tangiers, ect would give me headaches and the buzz was awful, if it weren't for starbuzz and al fhaker I may have gave up, I can smoke anything now and still get buzzes off the unwashed but now I can handle that buzz
Old March 9th, 2010, 01:46 AM
alanpeterson68
Hookah Aficionado

Naklah: Is quite possible the cheapest tobacco price-wise however some of the flavors are an acquired taste such as Double apple. This brand usually gives a good headbuzz. Check out their review forum --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=60

Al-Fakher: They have many great flavors and are decently priced. Some of the flavors are hit or miss though. I enjoy their mint a lot! Check out their review forum and see whats right for you --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80

Havanna: They are pretty cheap too and have alright flavors. Check out their review forum and see if you like their flavors--> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=68

Starbuzz: They have a ton of awesome flavors, doesn't give many people a head buzz's, and it is moderately is rather expensive. Reviews --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55

Hookah-Hookah: I personally dislike this brand however many people find that they have some decent flavors. Like I say to all my girlfriend "Don't knock it till ya try it" . --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=65

Hookahfreak: They have some alright products... I personally avoid hh & Hf at all costs --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=66

Being new too hookah I would avoid Tangiers just because it can be quite tricky to smoke and is very heat temperamental.

360: They are a SB knockoff and offer some really good flavors at a decent price. I love their tangerine, sex on the beach, blue mist, and vanilla. --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=16189
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:36 AM
hatchcrap
Banned

great info guys...my km should be here friday so im anxious for my first go.
Old March 9th, 2010, 08:49 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

I have become a Social Smoke fan. They have replaced JM's and Starbuzz for me. The taste is a lot better and lasts a lot longer. It does not taste like chemicals at all. I say go for Social Smoke over Starbuzz. No comparison and you will be glad you did.

As for the rest. Nakhla, Al Fakher, Desi Murli (For traditional stuff), Fumari are all excellent choices to try.

Stay away from Tangiers if you are new. Too much of a headache to deal with for new people. The way you have to treat Tangiers is not the way it is supposed to be.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:15 AM
bpetruzzo
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to bpetruzzo Send a message via Skype™ to bpetruzzo

Quote:
Originally Posted by alanpeterson68 View Post
Starbuzz: They have a ton of awesome flavors, doesn't give many people a head buzz's, and it is moderately is rather expensive. Reviews --> http://www.hookahpro.com/forum/showthread.php?t=55
They do have some good flavors. But at nearly $20/250g, I wouldn't call the price 'moderate' for most people.

@OP: If I were you, I would stick to the basics to begin with. Nakhla and Al Fakher. They're cheap and represent the temperaments of most of the other tobaccos on the market. If you can learn to smoke these brands, trying others won't pose much challenge. Also, they have a good array of flavors, most which are decent, if not great.

I know from experience that you can waste a lot of money buying expensive tobacco before you really know how to use it.

That's my advice. Good luck!
Old March 9th, 2010, 09:43 AM
hatchcrap
Banned

good stuff guys keep it coming...
Old March 9th, 2010, 12:01 PM
glostersa
Hookah Master

Nakhla sweet melon and Double apple also for sweet minty flavor the chocomint More in your face flavor the cinnamon and the Mizo mint the mizo line is good for less buzz try El Basha Caramel and the El Basha Grape and Apple
Share with your friends on facebook