Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

quality cleaning brushes

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old January 29th, 2008, 04:27 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to daedra
Default quality cleaning brushes

i bought some cleaning brushes a while back so i could clean my hookah. problem is that the cleaning brush is really weak. the bristles fall off and are very weak. so the reason why im posting this is because im in search of a quality brush to clean the shaft. something with strong bristles and long enough to clean a taller sized hookah.. ive looked at the hookah sites and they all seem to have the same weak brushes (i got mine from hookah-shisha).

weak:

maybe something like the bottom one would work, it looks durable..:
Old January 29th, 2008, 05:48 AM
boomhauer
Banned

Send a message via AIM to boomhauer Send a message via Yahoo to boomhauer
Default Re: quality cleaning brushes

here are my brushes. i believe they where brushes to clean out lint but i dont remember anymore. the bristles are medium on the brown and stiff on the black/white one. even with the brown one being softer it does a great job scrubbing because there are so many bristles and near the tip since they are shorter its a lot stiffer. the length of the brown one goes all the way down (and out the other end) my KM blue pear and i think thats 34 inches but i dont remember off the top of my head. with the wooden handle its easy to grip and push through the whole hookahgreat buy but if i only remembered where i got it
[img width=801 height=600]http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1161/11611668db0b01f12e7d764f11406aef6d871df.jpg[/img]
[img width=801 height=600]http://img3.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1161/1161167c462cafbf0d981a3d179036f4bb73783.jpg[/img]
[img width=801 height=600]http://img7.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1161/1161168acc0a59ccd0f10c893c6eaca2285f848.jpg[/img]
[img width=801 height=600]http://img8.uploadhouse.com/fileuploads/1161/116116930e14b5ae0136afebc51e3c5eb4898f9.jpg[/img]
Old January 29th, 2008, 11:16 AM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

that brush looks like top quality!

i think im looking in the wrong places. i need to head to a wal mart or something because all the hookah sites have the same crappy brush that barely does the job.
Old January 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
austinthecity
Hookah Pro

check at a music instrument store... i bet there's some quality brushes there that are made to clean trumpets and such..
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:05 PM
HookahMaster
Hookah Pro

Yeah, Egyptian cleaning crushes tend to be weak and poorly made. The best cleaning brushes I've come across are the ones that come with Mya hookahs. Both of my brushes are real stiff and very durable. They also do a way better job at scrubbing and cleaning than any other type of hookah brush I've seen.

The only problem with Mya brushes, is that they're specificly made for Mya hookahs only. Meaning, the diameter of the brush won't be wide enough to scrub a wide holed Egyptian. It's hard to explain. The Mya brushes I have, fit like a glove for my Mya hookah. You don't need to move it around in order to scrub the entire insides of the stem. You just insert and pull out and that's it.

It's made at the perfect size to just slip in and scrub all around. I know for a fact though that my Mya brush won't work on my wider Egyptian stem, simply because the brush is not wide enough to scrub everything. But if you could find out the exact inner diameter of your stem, and compare it to a typical Mya stem, then I think you could determine if it would fit or not.
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:33 PM
wishdrftr
Hookah Nut

Check walmart in the cleaning isle, you'll see some brushes. I'm not sure of the brand or anything but the ones I got there work great. Its got yellow bristles if that helps.
Old January 29th, 2008, 02:47 PM
uglybiker
Quantum Bubblenautics,PhD

I haven't tried them yet, but I see many possibilities on sites for home brewers.
This site: http://www.breworganic.com/browsepro...tle-Brush.html lists several sizes. Including a couple with 4 foot long handles that "might" be suitable for cleaning out hoses.

Old January 29th, 2008, 08:18 PM
dakingkevin23
Hookah Guru

Send a message via AIM to dakingkevin23

for really good quality brushes
look for a brass instrument cleaning set.
it usually comes with everything you need
Old January 30th, 2008, 01:32 AM
larrypzlast
Hookah Enthusiast

Send a message via MSN to larrypzlast

I used to play a trumpet in the High School band and I had like 4 cleaning kits for some reason. Well, I only used 1 of those cleaning kits so I have 3 that I can use on my hookah!!! Whoever says being a band nerd for at least a short time would be a liar . The brushes for brass instruments are pretty stiff and seem durable. They pack alot of "scrubbin'" power
Old January 30th, 2008, 10:21 PM
Redneckwoman688
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Yahoo to Redneckwoman688 Send a message via Skype™ to Redneckwoman688

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrypzlast
I used to play a trumpet in the High School band and I had like 4 cleaning kits for some reason. Well, I only used 1 of those cleaning kits so I have 3 that I can use on my hookah!!! Whoever says being a band nerd for at least a short time would be a liar . The brushes for brass instruments are pretty stiff and seem durable. They pack alot of "scrubbin'" power
Wow i would have never thought to use the brushes for brass instruments....And band nerds are great lol....i used to play the flute in elementary and middle school and then switched to baritone in highschool....lol we are such dorks but its a good thing
Old January 30th, 2008, 11:26 PM
daedra
Hookah Enthusiast

im planning on heading to the music store by my campus or by my house to pick up a brass instrument cleaning kit hehe. im tired of the bristles coming out and not being strong enough to scrub some shisha out of the stem.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook