Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

DM got me thinking

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:11 PM
Hookah Master

Default DM got me thinking

there is alot of buzz right now about DM, it is certainly the brand to get. I have yet to see a negative comment towards it.
DM is a traditional indian tobacco.
I wonder if smaller production lesser known brands happen to all be far superior.
I wonder if i go into the cultural neighborhoods where they sell the shishas with little to no label on it, or if it does have a label its not in english if i would discover that its all in fact superior to what we have been smoking.
Every culture exists in my neck of the woods including 2 indian neighborhoods.
Maybe there are some gems of tobacco out there waiting to be discovered.
Hookah Pro Legitimate hookah without the bias.
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:41 PM
Hookah Nut
Default Re: DM got me thinking

Go and get some let us know what you find
Old March 12th, 2010, 12:45 PM
I call it hypocritical BS

Im sure its hit or miss like anything else in this world. But you stand a good chance of finding something amazing. Smaller producers are more likely to take the time to refine their product and might have access to some tobaccos that the larger companies cant because they would need far larger quantities for production. So definately (sp?) look around and see what you can find.
Hi, my name's John. You are in violation of the balance. Leave immediately or I will deport you.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:02 PM
Hookah Guru

Seems consistant with what Hajo's been telling us all along. The problem is, only the big boy's export to the U.S. The other problem is that 99% of american smokers want bland, washed, single-flavored, syrupy, dyed crap.

I think the best thing we can do is buy more and spread the word about products like DM, Zaghloul, and AF Soft Black. Get the manufacturers to notice that Hookah in the United States is growing up.
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:13 PM

same id assume that it would be the same with mirco brews. there are some "big" mirco brews because they are good and there are shitty micros and small local ones that are ballin
Old March 12th, 2010, 01:37 PM
Hookah Master

I haven't done it for a few reasons.
The shop owners rarely speak English.
I'd have to pick flavors on smell alone so I'd be guessing what it was I was getting.
I wouldn't know if I was supposed to simply pack it like normal or does it need to be prepped.
Is it all shisha, or is some of it meant to be smoked in other devices?
It's difficult to purchase when your only knowledge comes from site and smell.
Hookah Pro Legitimate hookah without the bias.
Old March 13th, 2010, 12:24 AM
Hookah Master

The general Hookah smoker and the Hookah Market has moved away from the traditional tobaccos to a more modern/Yuppie/in thing kind of approach. This leads to more flavored tobaccos with a hype on Clouds for effect.

The old school smokers still prefer the traditional style of Tobaccos which is little known or hard to come by. There is still a vast untapped reservoir of little known or unheard off Tobacco's out there. Hajo had in the past introduced us to what he could find and he has when he could sent samples out to the members.

I think we as members here at Hookah Pro are fortunate that we got the insight on so many different Tobaccos and Tobacco styles for our beloved Hookahs. There is so many manufacturers of Hookah Tobacco in Jordan whose products has not even reached the American Market.

Moh'd & Zaki Sehwail Co.Moasel Bisan Tobacco
Seasons For Tobacco Molasses Supply And Manufacturing Company
Sibai Factory For Moassal
Middle East For Tobacco Co.
Intl Tobacco & Cigarette C.
Emad Eddin Factory Tobacco.
Al Raqi For Sweated Tobacco &. Tobacco Packing (Makes the base for Starbuzz)
Al Faraneh Factory For Tobacco.
Abu Shaban Tobacco Factory.
Eastren Tombac & Tobacco Est (Cleopatra and Saloum and Al Afandi Molasses)

To name but a Few.

In India which is Traditionally seen as the Birth Place of the Hookah there is just as many styles of Tobacco of which Desi Merli is but One.

The only way is to keep one's eyes open and talk to the members of the middle Eastern and Indian Communities regarding the Tobaccos the smoke.
***Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says Oh shit he is awake***
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook