Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

Nothing is working anymore

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:24 AM
Hookah Newbie
Default Nothing is working anymore

I have 2 hookahs, a small pumkin hookah and a chinese 16 inch.
First problem, my 16 inch hookah doesnt pull as nicely as what it used to. I hardly pull any smoke from it now days,but about 6 months ago it pulled like a beast. iv tried everything bt cnt fix it.
Second problem, after trying to get the 16 inch going for about an hour i give up and just smoke the small pumkin, but after about 15 minutes it just burns wen u pull,even though i rotate the coal and the bowl is paked properly.

Anybody know wat i cn do to enjoy smoking again ?
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:44 AM
Hookah Enthusiast
Send a message via AIM to TerryAki
Default Re: Nothing is working anymore

be sure to scrub your hookah clean.
Old March 21st, 2010, 04:44 AM
Hookah Aficionado
Send a message via ICQ to PCServe Send a message via MSN to PCServe Send a message via Skype™ to PCServe

is the 16" hookah airtight? probably it leaks somewhere. try to blow into the hookah with your hand on the bowl so that it should be tight.

what a bowl do you use with the pumkin hookah? how many coals, which tobacco?
try to use less tobacco, less coals or more foil.
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:07 AM
Hookah Nut

If you're serious about enjoying hookah, get a rig worth smoking from. You can get a decent syrian brass for around 70 bucks.
Old March 21st, 2010, 07:40 AM
Hookah Newbie

Problem is i live in South Africa and the cost of importing FAR outweigh the benefits id get.
Iv really just got a basic setup going cause thats all we have here.
Normal clay bowl, nakhla and alfakir tobacco, al hind instant light coals, and they both used to work 100% so i dnt see y i should spend so much cash on a new 1 if they stil pumping.
Old March 21st, 2010, 09:49 AM
Hookah Master

Lo MikeHookah I know what you are saying I live in South Africa as well.

Both hookahs you have are Chinese Knockoffs. Go tho Bruma Flea Market and see the Egyptian Guy (first hookah kiosk when you enter and go straight on your left) he has some Egyptian stainless steel hookahs. They are traditionally chambered and smoke fine. I was lucky in finding 4 solid brass old Hookah Stems. Next get some Plastic tubing from Hardware store and make your own hose there is no washable hoses here just the el cheapo stuff. Go to the nakhla shop around the corner there and get some fresh Nakhla there.

As to your problems with the Chinese I think the hose is rusted and the hearts are rusted out.
***Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning Satan shudders and says Oh shit he is awake***
Old March 21st, 2010, 01:15 PM
Hookah Nut

Did you by any chance clean up the bowl right before your session? In that case your bowl might still be wet even though you tried drying it out. Also that would explain why your smoke is harsh since your tobacco is not burning and is wet from the water residue on your bowl. I made that mistake when I was a noobie smoker so, this might be the case here.

Make sure that you clean your hookah right after your session that way everything is dry when you set it up later.

Let me know exactly what you do when you setup the hookah, and I mean every little detail, because there is definitely something wrong with the way you're setting up your hookah. When it was pulling like a beast and then all of a sudden it doesn't, usually thats a user error unless there is physical damage to the hookah or you lost the ball bearing or something.
Old March 21st, 2010, 02:55 PM
Hookah Pro

For the 16" is the draw restricted or is it the same as it used to be and not drawing as much smoke?
If its restricted I'd check to see that there isn't rust somewhere in the downstem or hose ports. If the draw is the same and the smoke isn't as dense as it used to be I'd check to see if you somehow lost the ball bearing in the purge valve. If the BB is missing then the air is going to me mostly drawn through the purge port since it is has less resistance than the downstem which is going to bring a lot more air than smoke into the chamber.
As far as the harshness of the tobacco I'd adjust the heat on the pumpkin. Tinker with it and you'll eventually find a good balance. Especially if the purge BB on the 16" is missing, the pumpkin could be overcooking the tobacco because it is drawing more air through the downstem than the 16".
I hope this helps.

36" Al Falkher Solid - 36" KM Copper Heart Two Hose - 22" Temsah Mini-Wheat(a.k.a. Golden Nugget)
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook