Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

DM Explosion in a Box!

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 25th, 2010, 04:47 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Default DM Explosion in a Box!

So the goods finally arrived today. I swung past the house to toss the stuff inside and could not resist opening the box and taking a few huffs of what this stuff smells like.

Little did I know the packaging was not the best in the world, lol. It looked like a molasses creature puked all over the inside of the box. The worm bait container wrapped in shipping tape and then a plastic bag did pretty much nothing to stem the tide of flavor all over the inside of the box.

Just hope it smokes well this evening when I (if I ever) escape from work. And for those that have not seen DM before here are a couple pics:
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:12 PM
hookahfire
Hookah Nut

Default Re: DM Explosion in a Box!

bummer. hope it doesn't effect flavor
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:20 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

They all leaked pretty bad but the container looked like it had a lot more inside. Maybe others that have smoked DM before can attest to it's wetness and if the loss of vital fluid levels will impact the session flavor any?
Old March 25th, 2010, 05:26 PM
davidbondok
Hookah Nut

O yeah man thats the norm for me a beautiful mess! Enjoy your dm its a great smoke and a great change up to the nahkla, af, starbuzz, jm, tangiers.
Old March 25th, 2010, 11:50 PM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Bummer dude! How did it come (USPS or FedEx)? I think Hookah1 usually uses USPS? Mine came via FedEx since the Hookah1 website could not verify my USPS address? I only received a 1 Kilo bag (double sealed with no problem) and a 500 gram plastic container similar to the ones you had. They did not use packing nuts or bubble wrap, and only paper. I have not heard of any DM/Hookah1 shipping complaints to date, and it sounds like you got the first. My DM looks like wet potting soil, not too wet. I hope it smokes well for you, and you have a great DM smoke.
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:21 AM
RaceMyGhost
Hookah Pro

my DM came like that aswell. Dont worry, it will smoke just great =)
Old March 26th, 2010, 12:30 AM
Sandman815
Hookah Newbie

That's how mine arrived. mess everywhere but it still smokes pretty good.
Old March 26th, 2010, 07:29 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Leakage is normal. Only so much the little containers can keep in and FedEx throwing it around doesn't help. If it didn't explode like ari's then your fine.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 26th, 2010, 08:30 AM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Tried a session of their Double Apple last night and was not really impressed. Took forever to heat up (20+ minutes) before I barely started to get the slightest hint of smoke draw. I had to use 3 CoCo-Naras on a Vortex and a wind cover to get it going and even then I really did not get much smoke (yes I know DM does not produce the rolling glycerin clouds). Session improved more on the second round of coals once the tobacco seemed to dry out a bit.

Tasted nothing remotely close to an anise flavor and after smelling the other 5 flavors I bought, the "flavoring" seems very muted when compared to the tobacco potted soil scents.

I will have to try another one tonight and see if I can improve my experience.
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:06 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

check out my photos in my profile, i have a good before and after of an actual DM explosion
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:11 AM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Luckily mine was just liquid. That mess looks like a box of feces thrown around, lol. Did you complain back to the vendor or just roll with it?
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:13 AM
ariberns
Hookah Master

i spoke with Kamal, he is sending me some free DM with my next order, and he suggested i contact fedex, but im not going to sit on hold for a pay out of 5.50
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:53 AM
03rivers
Hookah Nut

Have you tried any more dm yet? I have found with dm that the flavors are generally more in the background to the tobacco and earthy flavors and thats what creates the complexity which makes it such an enjoyable smoke. Also if 3 coals and a windcover is taking 20 minutes then try using 4 coals and a windcover and once you start getting good smoke then take one coal off because dm likes heat but too much and it burns easily also
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:55 AM
CaptHowdy
Hookah Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rivers View Post
Have you tried any more dm yet? I have found with dm that the flavors are generally more in the background to the tobacco and earthy flavors and thats what creates the complexity which makes it such an enjoyable smoke. Also if 3 coals and a windcover is taking 20 minutes then try using 4 coals and a windcover and once you start getting good smoke then take one coal off because dm likes heat but too much and it burns easily also
3 coals on a vortex is fine. I dont understand why it was taking so long. I have 3 coals with a wind cover for 10-15 minutes and everything is fine. Take the wind cover off and just leave 3 on there.
Favorite Hoses: 2 Large Nammor, Caravan, KM Rainbow, Ba Barkir
Old March 26th, 2010, 09:56 AM
ZenSilk
Hookah Master

Every Desi order I have received has leaked. He sends me so much free stuff that there's no way I could even say anything!
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:03 AM
BIGPOPPA
I call it hypocritical BS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenSilk View Post
Every Desi order I have received has leaked. He sends me so much free stuff that there's no way I could even say anything!
Ditto
Old March 26th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Sandman815
Hookah Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRMALIKIA View Post
Tasted nothing remotely close to an anise flavor and after smelling the other 5 flavors I bought, the "flavoring" seems very muted when compared to the tobacco potted soil scents.
Really? I liked the DA a lot. I could taste the anise, although it was subtle. I tried strawberry milkshake and I could not taste any flavoring. Different results for different people I guess. Hope your next session turns out better
Old March 26th, 2010, 04:11 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03rivers View Post
No not had another session since last night, had work all day. Going to try either the chadamaom (spelling) or Khus tonight. Hope it goes better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptHowdy View Post
3 coals on a vortex is fine. I dont understand why it was taking so long. I have 3 coals with a wind cover for 10-15 minutes and everything is fine. Take the wind cover off and just leave 3 on there.
Now here is the thing I have seen between different people commenting on DM. Some have said it is a dryer tobacco and others have said it is very wet. My batch is like half soaked in liquid so I am unsure which is the proper DM formula here. It was rolling so hot and not producing even a minimal amount of smoke that it was boiling. I have been only smoking for a couple months but read a lot and try not to be the ignorant fool most days, lol. I will just have to keep at it and figure it out session by session. But yeah 20+ minutes I was dieing and getting annoyed.

Last edited by DRMALIKIA; March 26th, 2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old March 26th, 2010, 10:32 PM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

3 CH Nats and a wind cover right away seems to do the trick. Getting smoke and it seems to be rolling decent now even after the wind cover has been taken off.

DM Chardamom smells great does not taste like it smells but still good. DM reminds me of Skoal Chewing tobacco, lol.
Old March 27th, 2010, 12:24 AM
thomas_j_smith
Hookah Nut

Send a message via AIM to thomas_j_smith Send a message via Yahoo to thomas_j_smith

Good to hear the DM smoke has come... The batches must vary? I only got two flavors, Strawberry Milkshake and Raspberry, and the Raspberry had less smoke then the Strawberry Milkshake. Both tasted great. 2 CH QLs work fine for me in about 5 minutes, but that's unusual. Most use at least 3 coals. Hope you enjoy the DM Dr!
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:42 AM
Scarcity
Hookah Aficionado

I only hope that the flavor fell into the box, for I have high hopes for this stuff :X
Old March 27th, 2010, 02:56 AM
DRMALIKIA
Hookah Nut

Yeah like most have said it has a good flavor do not get me wrong. It just does not have a predominance for the "Labeled" flavor added to the tobacco. I have had two bowls so not formed a 100% opinion yet but, the base flavors seem cookie cutter thus far.

Like they almost start off with a standard mix and then work towards whatever the end flavor is supposed to be. You should like it if you are or have had more raw tobaccos. I will say the shit smells frigging awesome when it is baking. Like super incense, lol.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook