Home User CP Browse Members Calendar Register Today!  
Get New posts Faq / Help? Community Menu

Go Back   Hookah Pro - Hookah Forum > Hookah Stuff > Hookah Discussion

Hookah Discussion General discussion related to hookah ...

newb Q

Hookah Discussion

Reply Share

Old March 30th, 2010, 03:55 PM
tapatio10floz
Hookah Nut

Default newb Q

I have a three hose hookah and usually I smoke with a bunch of people never by myself but this weekend I was trying to smoke by myself and it was irritating because I had to plug up all the other host ports and I still didn't get that great of a smoke because I couldn't seal them up completely. I ended up just plugging in the other hoses and covering the tips with my thumbs but it's kind of irritating having to hold the other hoses. Anyways are there any hookahs that seal themselves when they're not in use? Also what is a good way to seal the other host ports
Old March 30th, 2010, 03:57 PM
guesswhoy0
Hookah Pro

Send a message via AIM to guesswhoy0
Default Re: newb Q

you can buy rubber stoppers for each hose port or if you have wine corks you can try that. maybe just cover each port with foil and tape it up with painters tape to make sure its sealed.
Old March 30th, 2010, 04:05 PM
tapatio10floz
Hookah Nut

I tried with the rubber stoppers but it didn't seal the ports I will try with the corks
Old March 30th, 2010, 09:24 PM
dwkorth
Hookah Nut

If the hose ports come off put a ball baring in there then you will have an auto seal works great
Old March 31st, 2010, 10:20 AM
kaz188
Hookah Nut

im not 100% familiar with those hookahs but i know there are some models with auto seal valves. they are not flawless but help when people forget to cover the holes.
Old March 31st, 2010, 11:18 AM
B4TheRush
Hookah Nut

you can buy hose ports with ballbearings in them so they seal when other people take a drag. Or you can buy little metal screw in caps to completely close them off. Hope this helps
Old March 31st, 2010, 02:35 PM
-jordan-

Just pull the un-used hoses out of their hose ports and plug them up. Like others said, use rubber stoppers, corks both of which you can get at Ace-Hardware or home depot. Or just tape over the hose ports. Whatever works best for you.
Old March 31st, 2010, 03:49 PM
Drewzi
Hookah Pro

I don't know what kind of hookah you have but Mya Saray make auto sealing valves that you can buy for their hookahs. I use them on my Mya Colossus and they work very well, there is a little ball bearing that is in the hose port so even when you are smoking with 2,3 or 4 people nobody has to worry about putting their finger on their mouthpiece if they aren't smoking. Just make sure that they will fit on your hookah. Check out hookah-shisha.com i know they sell them. Also it barely effects your drag so don't worry. I usually am using a nammor hose and there is a very slight difference but not much.
Old March 31st, 2010, 04:51 PM
PBRpunx14
Hookah Pro

Mya's auto-seal hose ports are awesome. if your hookah doesn't support them, and you're ballsy, and decent with a drill, you can make your own.

***i wouldn't recommend trying this if your hose ports aren't removable***

just find a small bit (and tap), an non-reactive screw of same diameter and thread as tap, and a ball bearing. drop the ball bearing down the hose port and see where it sits at "sealed position." go about 3/8" above that (far enough that the ball bearing will lift up when you pull but not so far that the screw will still block you pulling the ball bearing out into the hose). drill and tap the hole (drill press would be optimal here, but if you don't happen to have one lying around the garage or have access to one, a clamp, a level, and a steady hand will suffice), drop the ball bearing in and install the screw. basically just emulate what Mya has already done.

having smoked from both, i greatly prefer single-hose hookahs. whether you have auto-sealing ports or not, if 2 people pull at the same time with different strengths, the person who pulls harder gets a weak draw and the person who pulls weaker feels like their lungs are being sucked out orally. blagh. then if you don't have auto-sealing ports and someone inevitably forgets to cover their hose's tip, you're basically just clearing the chamber and pulling air through the uncovered hose. i know people love the look and social feel of 2-4-10 hose hookahs, but i just prefer passing a single hose around.
Reply Share
Share with your friends on facebook